PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Profile: LB Micah Parsons

If we spend a high pick on a linebacker. I'm ok with Micah Parsons. He looks like a guy who can defend at all levels, run stopping, sideline to sideline, and coverage roles.

All-22 tape:

I'm almost surprised when the Patriots make a good draft pick these past 5 years. Hopefully BB can finally hit on the draft this year because this roster DESPERATELY needs a talent infusion.

Who is going to replace Nick Caserio and will he be a positive influence/impact on the upcoming draft?

We should take Micah if he's therr at 15. Even Zaven Collins I think is not a reach. Collins won 2020 best linebacker, Parsons won 2019 best linebacker. Parsons would be a star on most teams but I think Collins is a bit better for the Pats system given his size/versatility and I care less about him being a sideline to sideline type speed guy (more important in a 4-3 system).

We should take Micah if he's therr at 15. Even Zaven Collins I think is not a reach. Collins won 2020 best linebacker, Parsons won 2019 best linebacker. Parsons would be a star on most teams but I think Collins is a bit better for the Pats system given his size/versatility and I care less about him being a sideline to sideline type speed guy (more important in a 4-3 system).

if any of Lawrence, Pitt’s, d smith, waddle, parsons or chase are there at 15, we should sprint to get the pick in,

Otherwise, we should trade down as there is next to no difference between anybody we could get at 15 versus 27.

I’d love Parsons, but I don’t think he gets outside the top 10. We’d likely have to trade up if Bill likes him that much.
Like every draft the guys we want the most ultimately rise to the out of reach picks. Other than QB the two prospects I wanted the most , Parsons and Pitts seem to have risen to the out of reach area. Belichick would move a few spots up but I think both will be top 10 picks.

Parsons is now projected as top 5 in most mocks. Collins should last to bottom of 1st so, a trade down if we can't find a better player in round 1. My real hope is that we trade up for a top tier QB but I'm pretty sure BB will disappoint as usual! :p

There are a lot of scenarios where parsons could fall to us at 15. I think he is a dynamic playmaker with really good instincts. Exactly what we need!

last time bb was this high in the draft, he grabbed a linebacker!

There are a lot of scenarios where parsons could fall to us at 15. I think he is a dynamic playmaker with really good instincts. Exactly what we need!

last time bb was this high in the draft, he grabbed a linebacker!
I thought the last time he was really high during the draft, he took Jordan Richards.

If he wasn't high for that draft, then he should be for this one...Can't hurt...

Paris Ford just ran a 4.8 in the 40. Most teams are taking him off their draft board,

bb is thinking he can get him in the second round.

I would stay far away from Parsons. Looks like a big time bust.

why do you think that?
Doesn't have great football athleticism (tests well, but doesn't move well in space). Doesn't have much bite as a tackler. Doesn't have amazing pass rushing skills. There's just nothing that jumps out to me as a plus skill.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back