PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Profile: LB Micah Parsons

Was the best rated run LB defender in 2019 and also an elite pass rusher. If this kid falls to us we should draft him or someone at DLine. Interestingly the draft report above compares him closest to the next Dont'ae Hightower.

I agree with you here. I think having him learn under Hightower would be a plus and the athleticism between josh uche and him would be another added bonus.

I’m just wondering how the organization will view the supposed off field issues.

I agree with you here. I think having him learn under Hightower would be a plus and the athleticism between josh uche and him would be another added bonus.

I’m just wondering how the organization will view the supposed off field issues.

How bad are the issues ? Or what about LB Zaven Collins who won best defensive player this year. Fast guy also big 260 pounds. We need to fix our league worst run defense which couldn't stop anyone on 3rd down or red zone.

I’d love Parsons, but I don’t think he gets outside the top 10. We’d likely have to trade up if Bill likes him that much.

He's a name player, so Bill unfortunately won't take him. He likes humble mild mannered gentleman.

Parsons is a magnificent defender and exactly what kind of “new breed” of defender we desperately need. Athletic freak who play multiple roles. I understand he is immature and needs to grow up, but our locker room is strong enough to help this kid see the light.

I seriously doubt parsons makes it to 10, let alone 15. But if he does get to 15, unless one of the big 4 receivers (waddle, chase, smith or Pitt’s) is on the board, we need to grab parsons.

he is a playmaker, and we desperately need playmakers.

Agree with either Parsons or Collins. Hopefully Parsons will be there at 15. I dont think Collins will be available to us in the second round but is he worth a 1st ?...dont know.

Zaven Collins won the award for the best defender. Might he be as good as Micah? 260 pounds and runs like a WR.

I'm just glad I've never had to go through any real hazing. Is this really necessary? I don't see anything that would deter BB, though. Can't believe the draft is still 2 and a half months away.

I think this draft gets a little crazy toward the end of the first round. Lots of variations in grades and maybe some surprise picks.

the second round will have guys in it that fell as well as more surprise picks, normally this is where bb takes a defensive back with a fifth round grade.

I am hoping this year, bb plays it smart and stays true to his board and takes the best player available.

I want us to draft him, purely for the sake of being able to call our defense “the Micah Parsons project”.

Parsons is an elite athlete. I wouldn’t call him an elite pass rusher, but he’s a scary player to play against. His size, tackling ability, sideline to sideline closing speed is just incredible. I’d be surprised if he was still there at 15. I saw someone compared him to Luke Kuechly, I think that’s a great comparison.

Parsons makes the entire second level of the defense better. Watching the penn state defense play so pitiful this year without him shows how much he meant to them.

he would be a foundational building block for us and with him the uche’s, winovich’s and Duggar’s then become better support pieces fit our defense.

then all we need is two giant defensive tackles and a pass rusher and we have a top five defense again.

If we spend a high pick on a linebacker. I'm ok with Micah Parsons. He looks like a guy who can defend at all levels, run stopping, sideline to sideline, and coverage roles.

All-22 tape:

I'm almost surprised when the Patriots make a good draft pick these past 5 years. Hopefully BB can finally hit on the draft this year because this roster DESPERATELY needs a talent infusion.

Who is going to replace Nick Caserio and will he be a positive influence/impact on the upcoming draft?

Last edited:
We need a QB. Cam was underwhelming. Like a panda trying to surf.

We need a QB. Cam was underwhelming. Like a panda trying to surf.

if you are punting on newton, which free agent qb would you rather have? Could any of them lead us to the playoffs?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back