PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Double Dipping at LG

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We had Connolly, Devey and Kline. IMHO, if we can find a LG (to replace Connolly) who is ready to start (probably before pick 50), then we have the luxury of using one of our picks in the 3rd or 4th for a developmental offensive lineman.

There are a lot of good prospects that will be available with our picks in the 3rd and 4th.

LT Solder
LG top rookie
C Stork
RG Wendell
RT Vollmer
Game Day OT backup - Cannon
Game Day OG backup - probably Kline
6th OL - Fleming
developmental #9 OL - rookie

RESULT
Belichick would have added four offensive linemen in two years, all in the top four rounds.

He will have extended the vets that he wanted to keep: Cannon and Wendell. Solder and Vollmer remain as solid tackles. And he will have added an potential starter for the future.

Kline would remain as a backup.

Assuming stories about Fleming at RG are true then drafting Cann at 32 (or trade back) , they should draft a future Wendell replacement - someone who can backup RG and OC. For me that's Shaq Mason but could be BJ Kinney or Max Garcia.

I think Fleming will be the starter and they are looking to find Wendell's replacement. We all watched the video and the Pats want Fleming to switch positions and I think it is for him to be the starter. I like Tre Jackson out of FSU and seems like a plug and play player.

Of be fine with two OL with some versatility.

I saw Ali Marpet worked out as an OC in his Pro Day workout at Hobart. This was on NFL Network draft program. Marpet was interviewed and stated that to make the 7 man gameday roster, he would need to play multiple positions on the oline.

Hyroniss grasu of OREGON could be the call!

Double dipping is rude and unsanitary!

Is there any chance of Cameron Erving dropping to us at this point, or is it generally thought that he'll go before 32?

Is there any chance of Cameron Erving dropping to us at this point, or is it generally thought that he'll go before 32?

I think it depends on the Broncos - that's where he's predicted to go.

I think it depends on the Broncos - that's where he's predicted to go.

K.C. is another team to watch. Reid loves him some OL, and he needs IOL.

Last edited:
If Erving gets past KC then I would trade up with Dallas (who is not going to take an OL this year) for Erving.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back