PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dorsett, Calhoun, Munson

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dorsett, Calhoun and Munson are three bubble players that I'd like to see on the 53.

The bubble boys?

I'd be shocked if Dorsett was cut. Right now the wr group is competitive but we are one episode away from Gordon being gone or what if DT doesn't pan out? Coming off an injury... Supposedly should know the play book.

Assume they take 6 wrs... Edelman Harry Gordon DT Dorsett Myers... Cut MHarris and someone picks him up.. I think they can sneak berrios to the squad. But what if one or 2 of these guys gets released or injured week 2 or later.. at least Dorsett is reliable.

Just listen to Tom Brady's post game presser. Dorsett's not a bubble boy.

That being said, Munson's work the last 2 practice games made him a favorite of mine to replace King and possibly do more than ST's. The kid is a baller. BTW- I never even heard of him before that 2nd game. I literally didn't know he was even on the roster much less knew who he was or where he came form. But of all the 2nd teamers who played that 2nd half last night, Munson POPPED!

Calhoun flashed in public TC, but a little less so since. Given how tight it is with the DL and OLB's, don't you think the best way to handle him is to stash him on the IR and bring him back mid season?

That being said, Munson's work the last 2 practice games made him a favorite of mine to replace King and possibly do more than ST's. The kid is a baller. BTW- I never even heard of him before that 2nd game. I literally didn't know he was even on the roster much less knew who he was or where he came form. But of all the 2nd teamers who played that 2nd half last night, Munson POPPED!

Calhoun flashed in public TC, but a little less so since. Given how tight it is with the DL and OLB's, don't you think the best way to handle him is to stash him on the IR and bring him back mid season?
I like Munson too.

Calhoun got injured last week on same series as Rivers.. did he play last night?

I’m still paranoid that Rivers doesn’t make the team. A real shock would him making it and Wise getting cut.

No way they cut Dorsett. And IMO Munson should definitely make the 53-man squad!

Dorsett, Calhoun and Munson are three bubble players that I'd like to see on the 53.
Liking Dorsett’s chances after last night. He may not be the shiniest toy but I think Brady trusts him and he is reliable and that’s good enough for a spot.

Dorsett is nowhere near the bubble.

DT hasn't done anything to make the team, so PD is pretty much their WR3 at this point.

I've heard good things about Calhoun but haven't seen much on the field, either before he got hurt this PS or in his time with the Raiders. He's on a straight minimum salary deal for a 3rd year player. That either means he's a safe cut to put on speed dial or that he just wanted to win when he signed and will be able to take his impressive ability elsewhere to see if he can finally make it work. (I'm guessing the latter.)

Nothing bubble about Dorsett.

IMO Gunner is closer to the bubble than Dorsett.

IMO

PD Lock
Calhoun IR (I think he makes the squad and them they IR him). They can go light on OL and cut a guy like Skipper and them sign him again. They have Croston, Skipper, Ivez, St. Louis .... They will stash 1 or 2 on PS and move on.
Munson is ... Let's see

QB (2) T.Brady, J.Stidham
RB (4) S.Michel, J.White, D.Harris, R.Burkhead
FB(1) J.Develin
WR (6) J.Edelman, N.Harry, P.Dorsett, B.Berrios, D.Thomas, J.Gordon(NFI?)**
TE (2) M.LaCosse, R.Izzo
C (2) D.Andrews, T.Karras
G (3) S.Mason, H.Froholdt, J.Thuney
T (2) M.Cannon, I.Wynn NFI: Cajuste
DE (5) M.Bennett, D.Wise, J.Simon, S.Calhoun (IR desg to return), C.Winovich > IR: Rivers or trade him (he is signed for next year)
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Shelton, B.Cowart, A.Butler
ILB(2) J.Bentley, E.Roberts
OLB (3) D.Hightower, K.Van Noy, J.Collins
CB (5) S.Gilmore, J.Jackson, J.Williams, J.Jones, J.McCourty
SS (3) P.Chung, T.Brooks
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (7) S.Gostkowski, J.Bailey, J.Cardona, B.Bolden, M.Slater, K.Crossen, N.Ebner

So 1 spot IMO for: Hoyer, Pennel and Dawson or 2 spots if we bring Gordon later!!

I think there is a legit shot all 3 make it

Dorsett?? I'd be very surprised if he doesn't make the squad.

DT hasn't done anything to make the team, so PD is pretty much their WR3 at this point.

688 receptions 9330 yards 62 TDs

I've heard good things about Calhoun but haven't seen much on the field, either before he got hurt this PS or in his time with the Raiders. He's on a straight minimum salary deal for a 3rd year player. That either means he's a safe cut to put on speed dial or that he just wanted to win when he signed and will be able to take his impressive ability elsewhere to see if he can finally make it work. (I'm guessing the latter.)
He could latch on somewhere but he has been a total bust 3 years in.

IMO

PD Lock
Calhoun IR (I think he makes the squad and them they IR him). They can go light on OL and cut a guy like Skipper and them sign him again. They have Croston, Skipper, Ivez, St. Louis .... They will stash 1 or 2 on PS and move on.
Munson is ... Let's see

QB (2) T.Brady, J.Stidham
RB (4) S.Michel, J.White, D.Harris, R.Burkhead
FB(1) J.Develin
WR (6) J.Edelman, N.Harry, P.Dorsett, B.Berrios, D.Thomas, J.Gordon(NFI?)**
TE (2) M.LaCosse, R.Izzo
C (2) D.Andrews, T.Karras
G (3) S.Mason, H.Froholdt, J.Thuney
T (2) M.Cannon, I.Wynn NFI: Cajuste
DE (5) M.Bennett, D.Wise, J.Simon, S.Calhoun (IR desg to return), C.Winovich > IR: Rivers or trade him (he is signed for next year)
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Shelton, B.Cowart, A.Butler
ILB(2) J.Bentley, E.Roberts
OLB (3) D.Hightower, K.Van Noy, J.Collins
CB (5) S.Gilmore, J.Jackson, J.Williams, J.Jones, J.McCourty
SS (3) P.Chung, T.Brooks
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (7) S.Gostkowski, J.Bailey, J.Cardona, B.Bolden, M.Slater, K.Crossen, N.Ebner

So 1 spot IMO for: Hoyer, Pennel and Dawson or 2 spots if we bring Gordon later!!
You have Braxton Berrios over Myers or Harris?
Thats something

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye