PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte Stallworth to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

warx

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Ankle injury. Shiancoe released as well.

Branch should definitely be coming back.

What???????

sucks about Stallworth, played well last night. Shaincoe single handedly caused an interception last night.

Wild. It's like he was some spirit who came back from 2007 for one play, like Burt Lancaster in Field of Dreams.

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
The Patriots have released TE Visanthe Shiancoe and place WR Donte' Stallworth on injured reserve.

See ya Shiancoe.

Last edited:
Unbelievable!

Just read this on Twitter

Even though Branch should be coming back, I still feel a little more comfortable with Stallworth knowing that he's capable of being able to make deep plays like last night

These old WRs seem fragile anymore...one hard shot and its good bye

WTF?! I don't want Branch. He offers absolutely no separation or deep threat. He basically just eats up a roster spot. I know he's got the playbook down inside and out, but honestly, i'd rather just throw Slater in at 3rd WR and see what happens. At least he could simply run by people in a straight line.

Man, that really sucks for Stallworth. He finally gets signed, he gets in a game and makes a big catch, and he's done for the season. I hope the injury isn't too severe, and I hope he thinks fondly of his last game.

As for Shiancoe, it's a good thing they used up that in-season IR on him, huh?

Last edited:
Don't **** with Mallett and his stats.

is Gronk coming back for the Niners game ? :eek:
I didn't hear or see it but on another site, there were these two quotes :

"I've been told Gronk is ready, willing and able to play."

"Reiss said this morning that Gronk is wanting to get back in now."

Guess we'll see . . .

WTF?! I don't want Branch. He offers absolutely no separation or deep threat. He basically just eats up a roster spot. I know he's got the playbook down inside and out, but honestly, i'd rather just throw Slater in at 3rd WR and see what happens. At least he could simply run by people in a straight line.

Exactly..as much respect I got for Branch and everything he's done, he's not very useful any more :(

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Thank goodness “@shalisemyoung: told Stallworth suffered ankle injury...and prayers answered, boys & girls: Deion Branch is coming back”

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Thank goodness “@shalisemyoung: told Stallworth suffered ankle injury...and prayers answered, boys & girls: Deion Branch is coming back”

Good news here, at least. He knows the routes and can catch the ball.

I didn't hear or see it but on another site, there were these two quotes :

"I've been told Gronk is ready, willing and able to play."

"Reiss said this morning that Gronk is wanting to get back in now."

Guess we'll see . . .

I hope he waits until the playoffs. Or until the Jags game to dust off any rust. We can beat the 49ers without him though - I really believe it. Then the Dolphins and Jags of course, too.

However, I think the Pats can still get the 1 seed. And that might be the only reason I want him back to help them win. I'm really confident they'll beat the 49ers and win out vs the Dolphins and Jags. And I think the Texans will lose one of 2 against the Colts or against the Vikings, making them finish 13-3 and giving the Patriots with the tie-breaker & home field advantage if they meet in the Conference Finals (that would be huge)

Last edited:
Yeah, that was my first reaction as well..."you gotta be ****tin me"

Next one up, I guess? :confused2:

Wow that was fast.. jeez this season has been crazy with the injuries on offense. I'm glad Donte got to make a big play last night. Getting Branch back in his spot is fine. especially if Gronk comes back. Really that last WR spot we're only looking for a couple plays per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes