PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donkeys @ Cowgirls

Romo blew as usual

T Romo 25/36 506yards 14.1 5TDs 1Int 140.0 Rating

P. Manning 33/42 414yards 9.9 4TD's 1Int 129.6 Rating

His interception came at an unfortunate time under more pressure, but to say he blew is really crazy.

It shouldn't have come down to that. For either team.

T Romo 25/36 506yards 14.1 5TDs 1Int 140.0 Rating

P. Manning 33/42 414yards 9.9 4TD's 1Int 129.6 Rating

His interception came at an unfortunate time under more pressure, but to say he blew is really crazy.

It shouldn't have come down to that. For either team.

But it did. And he blew it.

Romo doing what he does best; choke at the worst possible moment. This guy is such a fraud. He puts up ridiculous number that no one will be talking about tomorrow because of that stupid pass.

sb1 said:
Hopefully Gronk, Amendola and Ridley are healthy enough for the Pats to take advantage.
When they play the Patriots, with all those guys back including Vereen, the Patriots should be able beat them.

The Cowboys are chump change and the Broncos needed an epic choke job by Chokemo to win. The Patriots still have their number until they actually show otherwise.

Just like the Patriots don't match-up well against certain teams, Denver doesn't match-up at all well against New England. They don't have the defensive personnel or the scheme that Tom struggles against. He feasts on defenses like theirs.

Another week of nothing but Manning.

If any more dudes get on Peyton Mannings junk the west bureau baptist church is going to protest Denver games.

Another week of nothing but Manning.

If any more dudes get on Peyton Mannings junk the west bureau baptist church is going to protest Denver games.

denver plays indy next week in indy. luck is much better than romo, and the colts are much better than the cowboys.

We may have found the cure for the pats offensive issues- the broncos defense

When they play the Patriots, with all those guys back including Vereen, the Patriots should be able beat them.

The Cowboys are chump change and the Broncos needed an epic choke job by Chokemo to win. The Patriots still have their number until they actually show otherwise.

Just like the Patriots don't match-up well against certain teams, Denver doesn't match-up at all well against New England. They don't have the defensive personnel or the scheme that Tom struggles against. He feasts on defenses like theirs.

Can't believe I forgot Vereen. Hopefully all those guys are healthy and ready to go.

denver plays indy next week in indy. luck is much better than romo, and the colts are much better than the cowboys.

I'm sure they play the jags in Denver!

That literally could be about 70 points :(

Denver plays Jacksonville next week in Denver. If Denver can't put up 100 points they suck on offense lol

I heard the Broncos might be 28 point favorites for that game.

That's way over the top. The Jaguars are still an NFL team and NFL teams have no business being favorites like that over anybody.

Remember what almost happened when the 2007 Pats were 22 point favorites over the Eagles?

I heard the Broncos might be 28 point favorites for that game.

That's way over the top. The Jaguars are still an NFL team and NFL teams have no business being favorites like that over anybody.

Remember what almost happened when the 2007 Pats were 22 point favorites over the Eagles?

Still its the jags. I doubt they can make the first minute a challenge for Denver.

Didn't shuffle through all these pages, so I'm sure there's plenty of criticism of the Broncos defense today--and it was AWFUL--but if I can offer a slight defense...

Aside from Champ and Von being out, our next best corner was knocked out early-ish with a concussion, one of our better pass rushers this season was knocked out early-ish for the game, and the guy who's been playing the best defense for us this season, Wesley Woodyard our LB was knocked out very early with an injury. We were running with very little depth at that point...not saying it wasn't absolutely pathetic, but that at least explains why it was THAT bad.

I think our offense still looks pretty good though :)

Didn't shuffle through all these pages, so I'm sure there's plenty of criticism of the Broncos defense today--and it was AWFUL--but if I can offer a slight defense...

Aside from Champ and Von being out, our next best corner was knocked out early-ish with a concussion, one of our better pass rushers this season was knocked out early-ish for the game, and the guy who's been playing the best defense for us this season, Wesley Woodyard our LB was knocked out very early with an injury. We were running with very little depth at that point...not saying it wasn't absolutely pathetic, but that at least explains why it was THAT bad.

you are getting zero sympathy from us when it comes to injuries...we are basically down to 3rd string and practice squad players at many positions on both sides of the ball. It is pretty difficult to watch at this point

my bad, i'm thinking ahead. in my mind i've already given denver the win next week against the jags ;)

i'll give you woodyard....but champ is old and von got caught with PEDS, maybe won't be the same player once he comes back.

with that said, i'm impressed with denver. however, 48 points on D is 48 points. just to put everything into context, the pats have given up 70 points and the broncos 139 points through 5 games. i think denver is good enough offensively to get through a lot of teams in the AFC, but against a good offense that's clicking on all cylinders they may struggle to win.

Really can't blame Romo for this one. Yeah he threw that interception that ended up costing them the game but you should never lose when you put up 48pts.

If I were the Broncos, I would enter the Richard Seymour sweepstakes

Richard Seymour open to returning to a contending team

and make his deal incentive-laden based on the Broncos' playoff performance

Gets X amount of dollars for each playoff win.

Broncos D would then enter the playoffs with Seymour, Miller, and Bailey.

you are getting zero sympathy from us when it comes to injuries...we are basically down to 3rd string and practice squad players at many positions on both sides of the ball. It is pretty difficult to watch at this point

Certainly not asking for sympathy. Injuries are by far the worst part of the game. The Wilfork loss is huge for you.

i'll give you woodyard....but champ is old and von got caught with PEDS, maybe won't be the same player once he comes back.

with that said, i'm impressed with denver. however, 48 points on D is 48 points. just to put everything into context, the pats have given up 70 points and the broncos 139 points through 5 games. i think denver is good enough offensively to get through a lot of teams in the AFC, but against a good offense that's clicking on all cylinders they may struggle to win.

Miller wasn't suspended for PEDs, he was suspended for failed recreational drug tests. Champ is old, but he's still an above average defender, and certainly better than the 3rd and 4th string guys we had out there today.

There's no denying though that 48 points on D is wayyyy too much to be winning championships. This win was big for us because it puts us in a better position for homefield (yes, I'm aware it's only week 5). If we can get people out of breath playing in Denver, maybe they won't be able to put up 48 points. ;)

Watson knocked the ball out and through the end zone...touchback..Pats ball...YOU know it's true...every single one of you KNOW it's true...but you NEVER EVER admitted it.

I'm supposed to believe that a red handed caught LIAR was only smoking weed now? You actually expect any of us to BUY THAT? Your whole conference is RIDDLED with PED users...always has been.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back