PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks:Jets' sweet November could lead to comfortable December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at their schedule, I'd say the Jets finish at 11-5. I'm prepared to eat crow if they do better.

The Jets basically dominated that game yesterday. It's sort of incorrect to say they "should have" lost it. Yes, great teams put games like that away, but great teams also find ways to win games they should have put away.

A W is a W; they didn't luck out yesterday...

The Jets basically dominated that game yesterday. It's sort of incorrect to say they "should have" lost it. Yes, great teams put games like that away, but great teams also find ways to win games they should have put away.

Agreed. Luck isn't an issue. A W is a W. But I think what most people here find offensive is the fact the mediots are treating (especially Peter King and Don Banks) two OT wins against bad teams as "case closed" evidence the Jets have separated themselves from the pack and that Sanchez' name should now be included with the likes of Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers and Ryan.

Yesterday, the fix was clearly in. Is it a surprise that Chance Stuckey has the fumble that would have put the Browns in easy field goal range in overtime? Clearly, he signed with the Browns specifically for this game so he could tank the game when the Browns played the Jets.

Although yesterday wasn't a luck game, it was a game that they let a team hang around and if it wasn't for that one play the Jets probably lose. That has been the Jets for the last month and a half. They have either not been able to put away teams or they have fallen behind and had to play catch up and in both cases either pull out a win at the very end of the game or overtime. They won't be able to play like that often against the better teams in the league and expect to win. Luckily for the Jets, there isn't a single consistent team in the league.

And before you respond, "what about the Pats?", the Pats have their own issues, but they have at least shown recently the ability to dominate a good team. They have their own consistency issues.

It's sort of incorrect to say "dominated" in the same context as "overtime". A W is a W but that was an extremely narrow margin.

I'm honestly worried about the Jets position at the moment. I can easily see the Pats going 13-3 but with the Jets uncanny luck in pulling victories out of their asses at the literal last second I can see them going 13-3 too.

We really need the Jets to lose to the Steelers and hopefully Miami to give us a safe lead. That is all of course assuming we beat them when they come to Foxboro which I am sure we will. But we need some help.

It is a huge possibility that the 2 best records in the AFC will be in the AFC East, which means one team will be a 1 seed and the other will be a 5 seed.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: If you disagree with my opinion and choose to respond, please leave the insults out of the replies. It's all respect here...Thank you. Also, words in caps are screaming aloud and not at you.

Here is what I think quite a few people are missing out on when evaluating the Jets: Everybody is going to be at their absolute BEST to play them! Their best effort, their best game planning, their best everything! Period!

Do the math: Boisterous head coach + Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the New York Jets + Mark Sanchez's media over hype, + a braggadocios team + an AFC championship game appearance last season + some media pundits who predicted the team would be Super Bowl Champions + Revis' closely followed holdout + Rex Ryan flipping the bird at MMA events = NFL'S BIGGEST TARGET!!!!!! At least admit this to yourselves: Your level of contempt, utter hatred, and disrespectful nature of/for the Jets has risen to levels never before because of the aforementioned reasons.

This is what people have to take into account when they say/type statements such as 'The Jets needed a pass interference to beat a Denver team who was blown out by Oakland!' , or 'They needed bad coaching and OT to beat the Lions and Browns, both below .500 teams!'

D'you think that maybe The Broncos would be up to play the Jets more than the 2-4 (at the time) Oakland Raiders? Yes I know they're division rivals...but 2-4 is 2-4! The Lions game vs the Jets was sold out by the Wednesday before the game! We're talking about a team that was 0-16 two years ago! The Jets create buzz and teams are at their absolute. motivated. best. to play the Jets. Period. Anybody who knows football knows that motivation/energy can make teams play better. Hell, Look at the Cowboys vs The Giants yesterday, Patriots vs Steelers. Brady was up in guys faces, screaming and shyt, and look at the production...the output. Think maybe the Pats looked past the Browns a bit? Was lax during the week of practice before that Browns game? Different team vs the Steelers though weren't they?

You don't even have to go that far back to realize my words have value. What about the 16-0 in the regular season Patriot team, that saw an average Eagle team and a terrible Raven team push them to the limit in 2007? Forgot about the penalties needed to get a great escape vs. the Ravens that year?

What you should be saying is: When the Jets do play well, what will happen then? Because our two losses, by a combined 10 points, to teams who're a combined 12-6, have come when the Jets drop numerous passes (8 in one game), commit 14 penalties in one game, fake a punt on 4th & 19 on their own side of the field (SIDE NOTE: WHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!), get "interceptions" ripped out of receivers hands while on the ground, and so on and etc.

Just saying, beware a 7-2 team not playing well and still winning.

Disclaimer: If you disagree with my opinion and choose to respond, please leave the insults out of the replies. It's all respect here...Thank you. Also, words in caps are screaming aloud and not at you.

Here is what I think quite a few people are missing out on when evaluating the Jets: Everybody is going to be at their absolute BEST to play them! Their best effort, their best game planning, their best everything! Period!

i agree. but keep in mind. the patriots are the patriots. and teams love to beat us more than they love to beat the jets because we are the team of the last 10 years. same thing when teams play the colts and steelers. you always get teams playing their best against these types of teams.

i put the jets in the same category as the ravens. they are close to a top tier team, but not quite there.

so yes, teams do play their best against you guys. but its been that way for us for years.

to put it in another aspect. when the jets beat the patriots earlier this year, that was like the super bowl to jets fans. same thing would happen with a jets win in foxboro. if we win, its just, well, we are the patriots and expected.

i agree. but keep in mind. the patriots are the patriots. and teams love to beat us more than they love to beat the jets because we are the team of the last 10 years. same thing when teams play the colts and steelers. you always get teams playing their best against these types of teams.

i put the jets in the same category as the ravens. they are close to a top tier team, but not quite there.

so yes, teams do play their best against you guys. but its been that way for us for years.

to put it in another aspect. when the jets beat the patriots earlier this year, that was like the super bowl to jets fans. same thing would happen with a jets win in foxboro. if we win, its just, well, we are the patriots and expected.

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded statement. It was our Superbowl last season. This season it was life or death because of all the talk before the season and coming out with a Stinker vs the Ravens.

True, the Pats are used to getting teams best; but the Jets aren't used to that and it takes a while to adapt to that. The Patriots got everyone's best in 2002 and they missed the playoffs after winning the Superbowl the previous year. They had to adjust, just like the Jets have to. But, for some reason the Jets just don't get it. They came out flat defensively vs the Browns in the first half, only to hold them to 14 yards an only 1st down in the 2nd half until the final drive. If they came out with that defensive intensity in the first half...Nick Folk's field goal misses wouldn't even have mattered.

F**king sickens me!

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded statement. It was our Superbowl last season. This season it was life or death because of all the talk before the season and coming out with a Stinker vs the Ravens.

True, the Pats are used to getting teams best; but the Jets aren't used to that and it takes a while to adapt to that. The Patriots got everyone's best in 2002 and they missed the playoffs after winning the Superbowl the previous year. They had to adjust, just like the Jets have to. But, for some reason the Jets just don't get it. They came out flat defensively vs the Browns in the first half, only to hold them to 14 yards an only 1st down in the 2nd half until the final drive. If they came out with that defensive intensity in the first half...Nick Folk's field goal misses wouldn't even have mattered.

F**king sickens me!

good points. a wins a win. good teams win, they find ways. i do believe the jets have gotten lucky the last few weeks a little bit but ya know what, they are becoming winners.

its amazing the pats or jets are probably going to finish in the top 3 in the AFC in record, but one of us is gonna get the 5 seed and have to fly out to san diego for a wild card

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes