PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks:Jets' sweet November could lead to comfortable December

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's two games left in November, no?

Banks = Rex Ryan/Sanchez ball washer.

Jets'*sweet November*could lead to comfortable December - Don Banks - SI.com

• Sanchez is quickly becoming a master at keeping plays alive with his feet and his scrambling ability. Time and time again against the Browns, he rescued plays that had no business continuing, buying himself room and the time to find a receiver downfield for some critical gains. His 27 of 44 passing for 299 yards, two touchdowns and 87.2 rating doesn't begin to tell the story of how well the Jets' 2009 first-round pick played in this one.

===========================================

The kid is going to get even more rep/press, decent performance by Sanchez.

Houston lost on one of the flukest plays of the season today. Let's not act like they got blown out today. Without fluke play where a Texas' defender bats down a 60 yard hail mary pass right into the hands of a Jags' player who was nowhere near in position to make a play for the ball or even in the end zone (he ran in after he caught the batted ball), the Texans might be 5-4 and tied for second place in their division right now.

Last edited:
Houston lost on one of the flukest plays of the season today. Let's not act like they got blown out today. Without fluke play where a Texas' defender bats down a 60 yard hail mary pass right into the hands of a Jags' player who was nowhere near in position to make a play for the ball or even in the end zone (he ran in after he caught the batted ball), the Texans might be 5-4 and tied for second place in their division right now.

but they really have no defense

but they really have no defense

Neither do the Broncos and if it wasn't for a stupid face mask penalty (called pass interference) by the Broncos' defender on 4th and 6 with only 1:30 left in the game, the Broncos would have beaten the Jets.

Pretty happy, I gather? :)

=====================================================

Definetly more relieved then happy, happyy to be 7and 2 no doubt, was thinking I should waller in it while I can. When Favre and the Jets were 8 and 3 seems like a similar situation, I enjoyed that week, made a point of doing so and am glad for it.

Hope the Pats beat the Steelers, :) that would be good, still either way I am sure to be happy with the outcome.

Houston and Cincy stink. Let's not act like they don't. The Jets are prohibitive favorites in both those games. That doesn't mean there won't be an upset but it is very likely they will come to Gillette on Dec 6 at 9-2.

Neither do the Broncos and if it wasn't for a stupid face mask penalty (called pass interference) by the Broncos' defender on 4th and 6 with only 1:30 left in the game, the Broncos would have beaten the Jets.

You really need to learn the rules of football first.

You really need to learn the rules of football first.

So grabbing a guy by the facemask is not a facemask penalty. It didn't look like a catchable ball, but it wouldn't have made a difference on that play. If it wasn't a catchable ball, then it would be either a facemask call or illegal contact.

Either way, it was a penalty that without it, the Broncos win the game. A facemask call and a PI call would have converted the 4th and six.

Last edited:
So grabbing a guy by the facemask is not a facemask penalty. It didn't look like a catchable ball, but it wouldn't have made a difference on that play. If it wasn't a catchable ball, then it would be either a facemask call or illegal contact.

Either way, it was a penalty that without it, the Broncos win the game. A facemask call and a PI call would have converted the 4th and six.

did you even watch the play? not catchable?

he had both of his hands on the ball while his helmet was tugged sideways. That's a Pass Interference, no question. It's one thing to hate on your rivals but, it's another thing to be blinded by that hatred.

the call was called correctly, which brings me to the next point.

"without this, without that, they lose this game."

these arguments makes a person look really really dumb. fo' realz.

did you even watch the play? not catchable?

he had both of his hands on the ball while his helmet was tugged sideways. That's a Pass Interference, no question. It's one thing to hate on your rivals but, it's another thing to be blinded by that hatred.

the call was called correctly, which brings me to the next point.

"without this, without that, they lose this game."

these arguments makes a person look really really dumb. fo' realz.

Ok, it was pass interference. Still without that mistake, the Jets lose.

As for the arguments, the Jets won. My point was countering a poster who have already awarded the Jets a win against the Texans because the Texans defense sucks. I was pointing out that the Jets barely beat a team with an as bad or worse defense a few weeks ago and it was one mistake by the Broncos that was the difference. I was pointing it out to prove the Houston Texans haven't already lost the game before they even play.

A win is a win. I wasn't complaining. But I don't blame you as a Jets fan to not grasp the subtilies of an argument.

Ok, it was pass interference. Still without that mistake, the Jets lose.

As for the arguments, the Jets won. My point was countering a poster who have already awarded the Jets a win against the Texans because the Texans defense sucks. I was pointing out that the Jets barely beat a team with an as bad or worse defense a few weeks ago and it was one mistake by the Broncos that was the difference. I was pointing it out to prove the Houston Texans haven't already lost the game before they even play.

A win is a win. I wasn't complaining. But I don't blame you as a Jets fan to not grasp the subtilies of an argument.

Anyone that gives the Jets an automatic win against the Texans is a ******, and as a Jets fan, I don't take any Jets games to be a cakewalk. Not even against the Bills.

I was just pointing out your mistakes in your post. You don't give the Jets any automatic win against anyone because that's the nature of our team's current build, not because the Jets get bull**** calls going their way.

Just telling you that the Denver game was won fairly, because it was in fact a PI. Not a facemask.

Anyone that gives the Jets an automatic win against the Texans is a ******, and as a Jets fan, I don't take any Jets games to be a cakewalk. Not even against the Bills.

I was just pointing out your mistakes in your post. You don't give the Jets any automatic win against anyone because that's the nature of our team's current build, not because the Jets get bull**** calls going their way.

Just telling you that the Denver game was won fairly, because it was in fact a PI. Not a facemask.

Ok, I am done arguing a useless point that is really irrelevant to my point. Who cares what the flag was. The Broncos were one penalty of winning that game and they have a bad defense. That was my point. The rest is just semantics.

Jesters escaped with a lucky win last week too vs the Vikes. Vikes San Diego'd that game to the Jests.

I just watched the Patriots dominate the Steelers after being dominated by the Browns. Projections are useless.

I just watched the Patriots dominate the Steelers after being dominated by the Browns. Projections are useless.

Let's not forget the one win Cowboys dominate a 6-2 Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick