PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks: Call Off the Season, The Super Bowl Is Set

didnt think banks of all people will write this. Iam not even convinced about seattle , forget the broncos.

Call Off the Season: The Super Bowl Is Set | The MMQB with Peter King

Pathetic, and shows the lack of accountability with reporters these days... In february if this isn't true, will there be any repercussions for these guys? Nope.

BTW Saints look just as good as any team right now. Including the Seahawks.

Dont crown the AFC and NFC champions after only 4 weeks. People seem to need to re-learn that every year.

I will "believe" when they play a real offense...until then I will appreciate what the O is doing, but that D sucks in my opinion and I doubt a PEDless Miller will help. Bailey is a year older and hasn't played yet do to injury, at some point he will hit the wall, will it be this year? I don't know, time will tell. Woodyard has looked good and Harris looks good. I'm not a Rodgers-Cromartie fan so maybe I'm bias on his play, but I feel he is overrated.

Either way that D-line is not good, yeah they have some sacks 4 against Flacco, 1 against Eli who is starting to look like a potato, 3 against Pryor and 3 against Vick. What do all four teams have in common? They are all in the top 10 in sacks allowed averaging 3.4 sacks per game, a half a sack over the Broncos game average of 2.8.

The offenses they have played combine average for 20.15 PPG and the Broncos have allowed 22.8 PPG.

I will reserve my judgement until they play a complete team. Right now that offense and their overlooked return game is firing on all cylinders.

Writing an article like this only 4 games into the season is silly.

I'm hoping there was some tongue in cheek aspect in play here, although I haven't read it myself.

I will "believe" when they play a real offense...until then I will appreciate what the O is doing, but that D sucks in my opinion and I doubt a PEDless Miller will help. Bailey is a year older and hasn't played yet do to injury, at some point he will hit the wall, will it be this year? I don't know, time will tell. Woodyard has looked good and Harris looks good. I'm not a Rodgers-Cromartie fan so maybe I'm bias on his play, but I feel he is overrated.

Either way that D-line is not good, yeah they have some sacks 4 against Flacco, 1 against Eli who is starting to look like a potato, 3 against Pryor and 3 against Vick. What do all four teams have in common? They are all in the top 10 in sacks allowed averaging 3.4 sacks per game, a half a sack over the Broncos game average of 2.8.

The offenses they have played combine average for 20.15 PPG and the Broncos have allowed 22.8 PPG.

I will reserve my judgement until they play a complete team. Right now that offense and their overlooked return game is firing on all cylinders.

It's the same Defense we've bested for the past 2 years.

(Playoff game vs. Tebow, and last years game in Foxboro)

September football means nothing. At this time in:
2012 you would've said Houston vs. Atlanta
2011 you would've said Green Bay vs. Baltimore/Houston
2010 you would've said Us vs. Atlanta
etc etc

Guess what none of those 7 teams made the SB those respective years

I could certainly see the Broncos losing at Dallas and the Seahawks losing at Indianapolis after a huge emotional comeback last week at Houston.

One of these two will likely lose this week,those are tough games for the visitor.

There's a LONG list of teams with mediocre Septembers - and mediocre regular season records - that peaked and had good health at the right time

(Patriots fans know the painful truth - and the happy truth - of that more so than other fans)

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back