PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins trade with Saints for Stephen Anthony.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Dolphins aquire Stephen Anthony for a undisclosed 2018 draft pick.
Took a flier on a speedy young linebacker who in 2015 was on the all rookie team.

Dolphins aquire Stephen Anthony for a undisclosed 2018 draft pick.
Took a flier on a speedy young linebacker who in 2015 was on the all rookie team.

Didn't he take a step back after having a good rookie season?

Who the **** is Stephone Anthony? Who knows who he is... Honestly?

I mentioned this trade in another thread. It sets up a scenario where Timmons gets cut loose, after his AWOL stint this past week.

Odds he ends up back in Pittsburgh...better than 2-1?

Odds he ends up back in Pittsburgh...better than 2-1?
I'd be very surprised, as they already have 3 first rounders who are starting in Dupree, Shazier, and Watt.

The first one off the bench and hot hand is currently Anthony Chickallo, and that's not even bringing James Harrison into the equation, who has barely even played thus far. That's 5 fairly decent options.

Read in the Miami Herald that he left "after growing angry about something not related to the team," that caused him to go awol, and is not about the Dolphins..

If my memory serves me correctly he was a force to be reckoned with when we played the Steelers..

Dolphins teammate on AWOL Timmons: ‘I hope he’s OK’

I'd be very surprised, as they already have 3 first rounders who are starting in Dupree, Shazier, and Watt.

The first one off the bench and hot hand is currently Anthony Chickallo, and that's not even bringing James Harrison into the equation, who has barely even played thus far. That's 5 fairly decent options.

Though I am from Pittsburgh, I don't follow the Steelers very closely.
Reading this post just made me wonder how the heck they draft RB, WR, and LB so effectively.

Secondly, is Timmons a head case or do you think he could be a serviceable player in our defense?

Reading this post just made me wonder how the heck they draft RB, WR, and LB so effectively.

Secondly, is Timmons a head case or do you think he could be a serviceable player in our defense?

With regards to the linebackers, if you look at all three of those they have one thing in common, they are all very athletic players and as we know these seem to be the new mold for linebackers at the moment. Because teams are pass then run really, only team I can think of who aren't really this is the titans. That's my look on it anyway, they've gone for very athletic linebackers. Which is why I'm looking at Malik Jefferson from Bama for this years draft for us

With regards to the linebackers, if you look at all three of those they have one thing in common, they are all very athletic players and as we know these seem to be the new mold for linebackers at the moment. Because teams are pass then run really, only team I can think of who aren't really this is the titans. That's my look on it anyway, they've gone for very athletic linebackers. Which is why I'm looking at Malik Jefferson from Bama for this years draft for us
You mean Texas?

Regarding Simmons, though: this sure sucks. :(

Foes though they be, I've always loved the Steelers, and Simmons was the Epitome of Steeler Ferocity, missing but two Games over 10 freaking Years. :eek:

That astonishing level of Resilience, especially playing an intensely brutal Position like MidFielder ~ "LineBacker", to you Earthlings ~ is preposterous. :eek:

But this Incident is very, very disturbing and absolutely reeks of incipient CTE. :(

I honestly don't know enough about the situation where he left during their trip to LA this past weekend, but I'm not totally sure that they're going to cut him, either. Last I heard was the max 4 week suspension, and you'd have to think they may have cut him by now if that was the plan. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

The Saints managed to trade a backup defensive player off a defense so bad it would probably get dunked on in the Sun Belt conference... pretty impressive job by their personnel department, to be honest.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back