PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins freeing up a total of around 50 million in cap.

At sone point if no team signs Lamar do the Pats sniff at him see if they can talk the Ravens down on compensation?
Doesn't fit the system

At sone point if no team signs Lamar do the Pats sniff at him see if they can talk the Ravens down on compensation?
No. This is how the Ravens negotiate with LJ (I think) and his mom. Show them that no other teams would make an offer sheet for him. Then he's forced to come back to the bargaining table or play on the tag at a price The Ravens are fine paying... or he holds out, in which case then it's a whole new ballgame, as Deshaun Watson showed.

Scott Zolak thinks Tom is going to Miami.
Scott Zolak: Door for Tom Brady to the Dolphins has been 'shut'

Save you all the click:
You know, the other day, we’re talking just talking about (Tom) Brady. I said I 100% think that, you know, everything’s in play for this guy coming out of retirement, including Miami. I’ve talked to somebody close to the Miami situation down there. The door on Miami has been shut. So it won’t be the dolphins. I still think San Francisco is in play. Raiders still need a guy. I think Raiders would be fun, but we were just having fun with the Aaron Rodgers thing. But my commentary made it take off to a point where it’s over in London being talked about that went sort of viral here with the tweet NBC Sports Boston put out. But talked to somebody close to the Miami situation, not saying what side, but the Miami door is closed.

So people are upset that the Dolphins made a bunch of moves to create cap space, but they still have less total cap space than New England already has, and since New England hasn’t randomly created even more cap space than they have and don’t yet need, Miami is ultra smart and New England is very dumb?

Bad move.

Does anyone actually believe Tua will avoid another concussion in 2023? How many more concussion is he willing to take to keep his NFL career going? At some point the league will have to shut him down.
That’s a lot of cap space in 2024 as well. I bet they won’t have much, probably less than $8M. Maybe they can use their galaxy brains to restructure Tyreek Hill again and further push themselves into cap hell.

So people are upset that the Dolphins made a bunch of moves to create cap space, but they still have less total cap space than New England already has, and since New England hasn’t randomly created even more cap space than they have and don’t yet need, Miami is ultra smart and New England is very dumb?
People are upset that NE loses the off-season, doesn't spend like the LA Rams did, only to go backwards after the "win now" mode crashes and burns. People forget the 2020 COVID year when they had a running back at QB because they only had a 1m to spend on him.
Bad move.

Does anyone actually believe Tua will avoid another concussion in 2023? How many more concussion is he willing to take to keep his NFL career going? At some point the league will have to shut him down.
Not trying to pick a fight, when has the league shut down anyone? My experience is the league pretends to care for the optics, while actions indicate that the players are merely cattle. Grist for the mill. I believe they will pretend to be all sensitive to Tua's health, while in reality, it's on Tua to look out for Tua's long term health.

Bad move.

Exactly right. Concussions only get worse with each one. They didn't let him recover properly from the first one and they legitimately gave him a glass jaw now. They have already significantly compromised his future quality and likely duration of life and there is an excellent chance he takes a career ender in the next year or two.

dolphins just locked themselves into purgatory.

That dude is nuts. First he says Miami, then immediately backtracks.

But that's why I like him.
My guess is Brady is his source. Prob got a text that went Dude STFU about Miami! The league already fined them once for talking to me!

Not trying to pick a fight, when has the league shut down anyone? My experience is the league pretends to care for the optics, while actions indicate that the players are merely cattle. Grist for the mill. I believe they will pretend to be all sensitive to Tua's health, while in reality, it's on Tua to look out for Tua's long term health.
Tua has turned into a litmus test for the NFL's concussion protocols. The league will treat this one differently. Especially after the Damar Hamlin situation. Freak incident or not, it put the league's violence in a different light.

Tua has turned into a litmus test for the NFL's concussion protocols. The league will treat this one differently. Especially after the Damar Hamlin situation. Freak incident or not, it put the league's violence in a different light.
We will see. I don't trust the league. I believe they will pay proper lip service, but in the end, they only care about the money. Players are a means to an end. With that said, I would want no part of Tua of I was a coach or an owner. Can't build around a guy who is a high injury risk.

We will see. I don't trust the league. I believe they will pay proper lip service, but in the end, they only care about the money. Players are a means to an end. With that said, I would want no part of Tua of I was a coach or an owner. Can't build around a guy who is a high injury risk.
I agree but will add the NFL doesn't need Tua to survive. It won't be like losing Mahomes, Allen or Burrow. In other words, the league may consider Tua expendable if they can save face regarding concussions and player safety.

Surprised.

This might not end well for Tua. Good luck to him - not as in helping the Dolphins but staying healthy.

So now dolphins have as much cap space as pats and can outbid any player that pats want to sign.

Miami didn’t create cap space out of genius they did it out of desperation.

Who else? The 2020 Bucs. Wasn't this board whining in 2020 over how the Patriots had sold their souls for the 2018 title and had absolutely noooo alternative but to put together crap rosters in 19/20? So I guess we can put that one on the list as well. Which would amount to 3 of the past 5 Super Bowl champions.
Actually….no.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back