PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins attempt to upstage Mac's Pro Bowl heroics by naming new head coach

Dolphins winning negative games next year

Let’s see if they still have all those picks pending the current investigation.

Interesting point, I hadn’t thought about picks, I was thinking more along the line of Ross being forced to sell the team, and the league pushing for minority ownership.

Shut up buddy.
Nah. Keep going @1960Pats. It’s always good to see a multiracial hire, which this most definitely is. It’s also good to see that his race won’t stop Ross from firing him by 2025.

The guy stands 5-foot-9 and according to his Wikipedia page is a proficient violin player. On the plus side, he played football at Yale (couldn't find any stats but he wore No. 28) and is considered a coaching brainiac. The spectacles certainly denote intelligence and I'd consider his full, thick manly beard a major asset.

View attachment 40929
The taint-like beard draws attention away from the giant forehead
Just sayin

BB: Mike, sounds like you have landed - congrats!!
Mike: Did you hear something I didn't hear?
BB: Miami?!?!?!
Mike: Coach, are you talking to Mike Lombardi or Mike McDaniels. Just making sure.
BB: Sorry -- I f**ked this up. I'm sorry about that. BB
Mike: Thanks Bill.

I would like to throw my hat in the ring. I too am willing to lose games for the Dolphins for 100k a pop, and feel I'd be pretty good at it.

I'd offer to do it for $90K a pop, but that's going to start a race to the bottom that none of us will profit from.

Being a violin player might come in handy, though, especially after losses.

Hey, it worked in Young Frankenstein. And if you can't trust a Mel Brooks movie for a good idea when it comes to a dweeb dealing with very large upset guys... well I'm not sure we want to live in that kind of world.

Last edited:
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Great thread title, @Tunescribe !

Is thread about the Miami coach or Mac Jones in the pro bowl?

If it's the later, why did Mac's big 70 yard run called back? I didn't watch the game, just that highlight on a Facebook meme thingy

This is going to be a disaster. Dolphins have had serious hiring blunders since Jimmy Johnson. I mean look at these heavy hitters the Dolphins have hired:

Tony Sparano which always looks like Soprano.
Joe freaking Philbin!
Adam Gase who will be our new offensive coordinator
Now Mike McDaniel which people really want to put that s at the end of his name.

McDaniel is the worst hire in the NFL in the last 20 years.

I’d like to think that Shula is looking up from the bottom of the hill, leaning up against whatever rock he’s chained to for eternity, and is muttering to himself about what has become of his legacy at the hands of Ross and “Belicheat” before he yet again bursts into flames

Last edited:
I’d like to think that Shula is looking up from the bottom of the hill, leaning up against whatever rock he’s chained to for eternity, and is muttering to himself about what has become of his legacy at the hands of Ross and “Belicheat” before he yet again bursts into flames

Where is Marino amidst all this, isn't he a team consultant in some capacity? Or maybe he just has a drinking problem?

Any Patsfans regulars that live in FL and make a habit of catching the Pats games in Miami?

This is going to be a disaster. Dolphins have had serious hiring blunders since Jimmy Johnson. I mean look at these heavy hitters the Dolphins have hired:

Tony Sparano which always looks like Soprano.
Joe freaking Philbin!
Adam Gase who will be our new offensive coordinator
Now Mike McDaniel which people really want to put that s at the end of his name.

McDaniel is the worst hire in the NFL in the last 20 years.
I don’t know about worst hire in the NFL in the last 20 years …but I have doubts about his success there

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back