PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins Agree to Terms with Texans for Watson - Pending two key details...

wow, didn't think it would happen even with all the rumours. I am not sure I want him in the AFC East. Maybe he and Allen can duel it out, beat up on each other while the Pats climb top the Top as I am sure we will be considered the 3rd best team in the division. Nothing like a quiet underdog getting to the top ! ;)

I'd like to see Tua with a HC who can help him as a QB. Payton would be great for him. If he goes to Rivera he's f'd.

I wonder what kind of compensation the Dolphins are giving up. They already raped them from the Tunsil trade a few years ago.

The compensation has been agreed to, according to sources familiar with the situation. The Texans should get the three first-round picks they’ve been asking for, but Caserio might have to accept lesser picks than the second-round selections he’s demanded.

****** Official NFL regular season transactions and injuries thread ******

With this story hitting the press, I wonder if Ross is going to feel pot committed because of the potential impact of this in the locker room.

Its interesting reading at Finheaven as there is a surprisingly good deal of support for Tua. There is also a thread claiming Flores has treated Tua badly according to unnamed players.
The Finheaven consensus is Tua is a top 10-20 QB (depending who you ask) and Mac is bottom 5. They're also under the impression that Mac is benefitting from amazing offensive line play, so I don't think they're watching too much tape. The Bears forum I checked the same day also had people saying the same **** about Mac.

The Finheaven consensus is Tua is a top 10-20 QB (depending who you ask) and Mac is bottom 5. They're also under the impression that Mac is benefitting from amazing offensive line play, so I don't think they're watching too much tape. The Bears forum I checked the same day also had people saying the same **** about Mac.
Awesome.
The jealousy begins.

I was watching a segment today about various teams and Mac came up - the statement was basically “yeah he looks like the best rookie right now but he landed with the best coach and is benefitting from that great offensive line so you can’t really give him too much credit.” I honestly think a lot of these guys read that the Pats OL is a strength in the off-season and still believe it to be true because they haven’t actually watched any of the games or tape. Yeah we all kinda expected it to be a good OL but up until this week it’s been dog water.

I was watching a segment today about various teams and Mac came up - the statement was basically “yeah he looks like the best rookie right now but he landed with the best coach and is benefitting from that great offensive line so you can’t really give him too much credit.” I honestly think a lot of these guys read that the Pats OL is a strength in the off-season and still believe it to be true because they haven’t actually watched any of the games or tape. Yeah we all kinda expected it to be a good OL but up until this week it’s been dog water.

Disappointing. But "dog water"? I thought the O-Line was rated about middle of the pack?

Tua to Wahington, WFT's first round pick to Dolphins, Dolphins send their first this year, WFT first this year, a first next year and one 2nd rounder.

WFT makes out very nicely, gets their QB Too.

Not living in New England anymore, it’s hard to actually watch the Pats now since we’re not a premium team at the moment so it’s easy for fans to not realize the Pats OL has been struggling.

Not that the average fan has actually let actual evidence guide their opinion ever.

I'd like to see Tua with a HC who can help him as a QB. Payton would be great for him. If he goes to Rivera he's f'd.

I wonder what kind of compensation the Dolphins are giving up. They already raped them from the Tunsil trade a few years ago.

I do question Tua's arm. He doesn't seem to have zip. I personally think Mac has way more arm strength. Not sure how you can succeed with a QB who can only throw 10 or less yards. Mac on the other hand I think can throw to the whole field, he has an excellent deep ball. Just because he goes 22 for 23 within 15 yards is not a negative, he can sling it if he needs to but why do so when the smart move is keep the chains moving constantly.

Last edited:
Tua to Wahington, WFT's first round pick to Dolphins, Dolphins send their first this year, WFT first this year, a first next year and one 2nd rounder.

WFT makes out very nicely, gets their QB Too.

Can you say again. Dolphins get two 1sts and a 2nd? I would say this is a nice save by Miami for basically getting almost near value back on the original QB pick.

This is great. The same league morons with the same Brady criticisms from 2001-2003. Ignore them. I will take a high-completion, low-mistake field general all day every day. And ignore people dissing that he's a system QB or can't run or whatever inconsequential criticism.

Tua is at best a backup QB. He lacks field vision and feel for timing. Slow windup and release. Creates most of his protection problems and isn’t good enough to overcome them. Not good on 10-15 yard passes. Finheaven is filled with delusional morons. Changing coaches won’t make him any better.

He isn’t going to miss a single game cause of legal issues once traded.

If it was a Patriot he's be suspended for a year already.
A year? He would get erased from the league permanently and any player or coach who speaks of him would get at least a 3 week suspension for "conduct unbecoming the shield"

I think Tua has potential in the right system. Agree that Payton would be great for him, I think he would be successful there and would quickly beat out Winston. I don’t know enough about Rivera (he might be out of luck there) and the other rumored destination, the WFT, is the only team with ownership worse than Ross with the Fins, that might be a big blow to his career also.

System Qb will never die as long as Bill is in NE.
Good luck to Mac. He will have to leave eventually like Brady did to shake that narrative.

I’m not understanding this. Miami is expecting his legal issues to be resolved first. There are 22 accusers in a civil case plus a criminal case and the trade deadline is next week. How is all that going to be resolved by then or does it not need to be?
the fins are telling watson to settle the damn case in not so many words

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back