PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does the mutual interest between Blount and Pats affect going after Forte?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats are not the only Super Bowl contenders. And we have seen this story play out a thousand times. An older free agent wants to play for a contender and a team with a shot at the Super Bowl throws a ton of money at them. See DeMarcus Ware. See several d-linemen who went to Seattle.
None of them said money doesn't matter.

Why the hell anybody here or in Foxborough would be interested in re-signing Blunt or the carcass
of Stephen Jackson is beyond me. Both of these guys are cooked. Blunt was part of the problem here,
and is not in any way, shape or form part of the solution. It is time for new blood and fresh legs at the
Power Back position.

Not even Barry sanders could get 1,000 yards with all the injuries we had to our offensive line this year. I think we used 68 different offensive line combinations in only 16 games. That is crazy!

Cannon and fleming should be working as wal mart greeters.

Fix the offensive line and the running backs are easy to find.

Solder, mason and stork solidify 3 positions. Vollmer is breaking down fast and will need to be replaced soon. Jackson regressed during the year and is JAG.

Wendell and Kline need to be upgraded.

Have a feeling we sign Blount to a team friendly 1 or 2 yr deal.
Also sign Matt Forte
Draft a power back in the middle to late rounds as well.
Or we could catch everyone off balance and trade for demarco murray and rework his contract.

None of them said money doesn't matter.

Yeah, they did. Maybe not Ware, but plenty of others.

The thing is you can get overpaid by a contender. Denver, Arizona, Seattle, Indy, and other Super Bowl contenders could be in the market for a RB. Just because he said he wanted to play for a contender, doesn't mean it is the Patriots and another might overpay for him.

And plenty of guys say they will take less for a contender, they end up signing big bucks for playoff contenders who really don't have a great shot at the Super Bowl.

I still think Forte is doubtful to come to New England. I give it about a 30-40% chance.

Last edited:
i think someone will outbid the pats on Forte

Not even convinced the Patriots are interested in Forte; seems entirely built on media speculation that he'd fit. Blount is fine; I'd be perfectly fine with Blount, Lewis, White, and a draftee.

Leaning towards outbid by say Seattle or another playoff team. Pats can put me back there and have success from what we have seen for years and years.

Although it would be nice to have a durable dependable back since the Dillon days

Not even convinced the Patriots are interested in Forte; seems entirely built on media speculation that he'd fit. Blount is fine; I'd be perfectly fine with Blount, Lewis, White, and a draftee.
I agree that we don't necessarily "need" to go out and sign a RB for 4m dollars a year, but I'd feel much more comfortable with your scenario if they added a reasonably priced back via free agency.

Honestly, I don't care if it's just bringing Ridley back, but there's still a lack of depth behind Blount, particularly with Lewis coming off of the injury, having a small frame, and possibly even starting the year on PUP.

It seems rather apparent that they don't see Bolden as anything more than the solid ST/emergency RB option that he is, and James White averaged around 2.5 yds per rush if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore