PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Moss go into the Hall of Fame as a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotscpfc

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So, does he now go in as a Patriot rather than a Viking?

probably. he has the record .

Im pretty sure you dont go into the HOF as a member of a team.

You don't go into the NFL hall of fame as member of a one team, its not baseball.

So, does he now go in as a Patriot rather than a Viking?

Did jerry rice go in as a raider?

WAIT, am i the only one that realizes that tom brady is the only sure fire hall of famer that will go in as a patriot?

Last edited:
IDC..... :mad:

Minny should be it.... but Randy Moss is unpredictable and holds grudges.

As I recall a player simply simply goes into the NFL hall of fame, unlike MLB where the player goes into the HoF as a member of a specific team.

However the NFL does list what players are in the HoF for every team. That is determined by what team the player played the majority of his career with, based on number of years. In cases when the number of years played is equal the player is listed for both teams. Haynes and Buonoconti are exam ples of players listed for both teams. Joe Montana is only listed under the 49ers, OJ Simpson is only listed under the Bills, etc. So when the time comes Moss will be listed among Vikings in the HoF, but not under Pats.

As I recall a player simply simply goes into the NFL hall of fame, unlike MLB where the player goes into the HoF as a member of a specific team.

However the NFL does list what players are in the HoF for every team. That is determined by what team the player played the majority of his career with, based on number of years. In cases when the number of years played is equal the player is listed for both teams. Haynes and Buonoconti are exam ples of players listed for both teams. Joe Montana is only listed under the 49ers, OJ Simpson is only listed under the Bills, etc. So when the time comes Moss will be listed among Vikings in the HoF, but not under Pats.

Not true, they are listed for both teams. They also have Reggie White listed as a Carolina Panther, Franco Harris as a Seahawk and Johnny U as a Charger. If/when Moss gets in he will be listed under all teams he played for.

Franchises

He's going to be the only Hall of Famer from "Rand University".... :D

Anyone up to speed on that one?

Not true, they are listed for both teams. They also have Reggie White listed as a Carolina Panther, Franco Harris as a Seahawk and Johnny U as a Charger. If/when Moss gets in he will be listed under all teams he played for.

Franchises

Well, I stand corrected - sort of. I guess I was trying to point out how they list players in bold for just one team - in answer to the original question of which (one) team would a player go into the hall of fame as a member of that team. I didn't really word my previous response very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore