PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone think Brady is hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combination of atrocious O-line and achilles has likely contributed to his performance.

Yes I am sure he is. He is 40 years old and this is one of the downsides. He will be more likely yo get hurt and it will effect his play no doubt. I overall he looked fine last game though. He was hit while throwing that last interception.

Not just his footwork, but his mechanics as a whole. If the thing is sore enough to where he has trouble driving through on it, that would be the reason for why some of his balls (particularly against Miami) had more air under them than usual.
Not just sore. It might actually have some physiological deficiency causing weakness or inconsistency in how the muscle fibers contract. Nothing consciously controllable, could just be he doesn't know what it's going to do until it's done it.

a little bird told me hes playing on a torn Achilles.

I’ve always said that the most amazing thing about Brady isn’t his talent or even clutch ability, it’s his durability.

Yeah Jimmy looks great in SF, lets see if he can do that for 16+ games a season for 17 years.

I don’t give a shyt how many chickens him and Guerrero sacrifice every week, they’re doing something right.

i think tom brady is 40

and 40 aint 30.....even with avocado ice cream

looks pretty good to me for a 40 year old

Huh? 40 is the new 30

I don’t give a shyt how many chickens him and Guerrero sacrifice every week, they’re doing something right.
Ha. Pretty much said the exact same thing to the wife about it last night.

That's primarily why I feel like his issues stemmed more from a lingering issue more so than him being 100% healthy and being that off on his throws. I don't think he played that bad in the Miami game, his body just clearly couldn't do what his head wanted and it's probably because he was banged up. He looked much better against Pittsburgh and the big thing was he was definitely moving around better and he didn't take a beating, so hopefully he'll continue getting healthy.

On another note, I was thinking about it and you can't really point to a recent poor performance where he made bad decisions. The only real bad game I can really recall him playing poorly in that context was the AFC Championship game years ago against the Ravens. Aside from that, I really can't think of too many others.

As far as any "Decline" goes - like I said, he's not close to being there. And unlike the critics, I don't judge the interceptions just on the turnover because as I mentioned, it's not always on the QB. I judge "dumb throws". He didn't make any dumb throws and until he starts making those types of bad decisions, I'm not worried about him and no one else should be either.

Brady throws more interceptions against playoff caliber teams than the usual junk rabble of the regular season, it seems. In 2016 he had as many or more interceptions in the playoffs as he had in the whole regular season. Coincidence that playing against good teams is harder?

I've been wondering if he has a right hand/wrist injury. I've seen him twice avoid using his right hand to push himself off the ground, leaning awkwardly on his elbow instead to get up. Another explanation could be that he's SO careful with his money hand that he avoids putting it on the ground for fear of getting stepped on. I read that Tom Seaver would not use his throwing hand to so much as pet his dog or open a door.
Anyone else notice that?

He's just old as dirt. Take it from me, everything gets harder the older you get. That flexibility stuff only goes so far and Tom isn't Plastic Man by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back