PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone think Brady is hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely think brady’s Achilles is full blown injured. He has not been the same qb since the chargers game,

It’s not an age thing, it is the Achilles.

We really need to pull out two wins in then next two weeks because Brady needs that bye week!

Ps: I believe Thuney is time playing with a partially dislocated shoulder. He needs a bye week as well.

One factor could be because of all the injuries on the offensive line Brady may be a little hesitant or rushing him self because the pass rush is getting to him quicker than expected.

I absolutely think brady’s Achilles is full blown injured. He has not been the same qb since the chargers game,

It’s not an age thing, it is the Achilles.

We really need to pull out two wins in then next two weeks because Brady needs that bye week!

Ps: I believe Thuney is time playing with a partially dislocated shoulder. He needs a bye week as well.

Idk about that. He hasn't a 300 yard passing game or thrown for more than 2 tds in awhile but i think it has to do also with some of our wrs not getting open. We need a healthy hogan back.

Idk about that. He hasn't a 300 yard passing game or thrown for more than 2 tds in awhile but i think it has to do also with some of our wrs not getting open. We need a healthy hogan back.

Agree that a higher than usual percentage of his potential receiving targets (not just WRs) have been having difficulty getting open recently.

However, during the five-game stretch in October, Brady didn't throw for more than 2 TDs. He threw for 4 TDs in the first MIA game just three games ago. Also, he threw for 298 against the Steelers (thanks to Gronk, of course).

100% agree. His drop off has been significant enough where that's seemingly the only logical explanation Although he looked better on Sunday than the week before so hopefully, he's progressing there.

Likely some combination of responding to treatment, becoming sufficiently accustomed to the sensation that it's becoming less of a distraction, and making small, deliberate mechanical adjustments (it's the unconscious "avoidance adjustments" that typically screw people up).

The thing for me is, underneath all the diet stuff and the Guererro "controversy", etc., it's pretty clear that Brady maintains a hyper-awareness of his physiological state at a level that few human beings - even including other trained, experienced professional athletes (including dancers) - ever achieve. This helps him to avoid injury and to adjust/adapt to injuries that he does sustain more quickly and with more self-control. It's like Shaolin priest level stuff he's doing.

An indicator is that the Pats have chosen not to run his famous QB sneak to mix it up on short yardage situations, so I suspect the Achilles is the issue which may also affect his footwork..

Sometimes it is obvious other times less so.. I think the uptick in Int's are due to that injury..

Isn’t this a question people that like to knit and do arts and craft shows contemplate?

Do people watch games trying to figure out if someone’s gimpy? The thought doesn’t cross my mind until I see a player on the ground moaning

I doubt he needs surgery on the Achilles. I don't think he'd be playing right now if he did. But I would bet that thing could use a lot of rest at this point.

An indicator is that the Pats have chosen not to run his famous QB sneak to mix it up on short yardage situations, so I suspect the Achilles is the issue which may also affect his footwork..

Sometimes it is obvious other times less so.. I think the uptick in Int's are due to that injury..

Not just his footwork, but his mechanics as a whole. If the thing is sore enough to where he has trouble driving through on it, that would be the reason for why some of his balls (particularly against Miami) had more air under them than usual.

I read the comment about Brady not throwing many tds lately. Now some of that might be injury but I feel like it’s more because the run game is scoring a lot of touchdowns which means he don’t have to throw them. Ditto on his yards per game. Lewis and Burkhead are killing folks.i think he is hurt because he says he is so I have no doubt his Achilles is affecting play. I had that problem and it hurt real bad just to stand on it. If he is hurting like my leg hurt then it’s hard to believe he can play like he is. Oh, and I had strong pain meds too which only helped a small bit so he’s not getting stronger pain treatment then what I got. There are many reasons his play has been a bit off.. it seems like he’s been hit enough times for two years already and sacked for two years worth. That many hits has an effect plus I also think he’s throwing fast to avoid sacks, strips, and hits out of his responsibility to try and avoid injury. He knows jimmy is not here to fill in for a game or two so that’s not an option and while hoyer might win a game, he’s not the same quality as jimmy. This concept is most likely not lost on Brady, so I think he has that in mind while getting rid of the ball fast...

I don’t think his age is much of a factor but it is true that 40 is one hell of a ways from 30-35. That all said, I’m still saying his play is elite and no one is playing better than Brady this year even if he is sore, 40, injured in some other way we don’t know of, been sacked 12000 times and hit a million times, and has the weight of knowing he can’t miss games.

There’s one last point I want to address.. I’ve watched on YouTube some of the miced up games. One thing that’s kind of invisible in all this is that in many cases you hear all the time when down, players will always say” hey, it’s ok because we’ve got Tom Brady man” now, they are right but man that’s insane pressure to know that the crowd, fans and the other teams expectations could be let down. It’s another form of pressure when your own guys have faith like that. I’m not sure if any of that is related but I thought I’d mention a mental angle as B.B. always preaches mental toughness and Brady is mental tough as can be. He’s been under more mental and physical stress than any quarterback ever. I say that because only Bart star had five championships, not super bowls but same diff, anyways, I feel like Brady’s under added pressure defending the legacy with five . BART star retired so, he did not put that on the line by playing and Bart didn’t have everyone on earth calling him a cheater and he didn’t have to face this huge level of criticism from the talking heads all day every day praying for cliffs and what not.

I would say this.
Based upon the 11-2 opponent, being on the road, the playoff seeding consequences at stake, having only 8 possessions, all starting at the -28 or worse, wirhbthe other team having 71/2 and 8 1/2 minute drives, coming back from an 11 point deficit, and executing a perfect game winning drive that was one of the top 5 QB performances this year.

Best, most exciting football I've seen since the super bowl. Incredible Brady moment. Could've been a tragedy if/when the defense did something stupid during that last minute, like let a Steeler run wild. Made for great television though.

I hear you, and my guess is that he dinged his hand and had a very mild tweak in his lower leg, and the Patriots have decided to give him a few early days off as a precaution. I just can't make the leap from that to "STUTTERING! STRUGGLING! DECLINE!", when his numbers are still fine but for one blown officiating call, and the team is 2-1 in that stretch of time, with the only loss being just a worse than usual "annual" stinker.

Plus, with regards to the Pitt game, if Cooks just stays in bounds, there's a TD scored with Brady not throwing 2 more incomplete passes on the drive, getting sacked, and the team ending up settling for a field goal. And that changes the whole game, along with any perception that Brady was off in that game.

In essence, Brady is 2 plays out of his control away from people saying pretty much the opposite of "STUTTERING! STRUGGLING! DECLINE!".
That's primarily why I feel like his issues stemmed more from a lingering issue more so than him being 100% healthy and being that off on his throws. I don't think he played that bad in the Miami game, his body just clearly couldn't do what his head wanted and it's probably because he was banged up. He looked much better against Pittsburgh and the big thing was he was definitely moving around better and he didn't take a beating, so hopefully he'll continue getting healthy.

On another note, I was thinking about it and you can't really point to a recent poor performance where he made bad decisions. The only real bad game I can really recall him playing poorly in that context was the AFC Championship game years ago against the Ravens. Aside from that, I really can't think of too many others.

As far as any "Decline" goes - like I said, he's not close to being there. And unlike the critics, I don't judge the interceptions just on the turnover because as I mentioned, it's not always on the QB. I judge "dumb throws". He didn't make any dumb throws and until he starts making those types of bad decisions, I'm not worried about him and no one else should be either.

Last edited:
Not just his footwork, but his mechanics as a whole. If the thing is sore enough to where he has trouble driving through on it, that would be the reason for why some of his balls (particularly against Miami) had more air under them than usual.
100% Agree with this.

I think it's a combination of Brady being hurt, the OL playing poorly, and Gronk being the only guy getting consistently open. We need Waddle back, Hogan back, and Thuney and Cooks to both step it up: if any/all of those things happen, Brady's production will go back up

At this point in the season, I think everyone is hurt in some way. But for this point in the season, I do think he is more hurt than usual and I'm thinking it's his Achilles.

I would say this.
Based upon the 11-2 opponent, being on the road, the playoff seeding consequences at stake, having only 8 possessions, all starting at the -28 or worse, wirhbthe other team having 71/2 and 8 1/2 minute drives, coming back from an 11 point deficit, and executing a perfect game winning drive that was one of the top 5 QB performances this year.

And after Pittsburgh went 3-and-out to give Brady the ball back, everybody in that stadium knew what was about to come. As did everybody watching on TV. It's amazing when a comeback morphs from hoped to expected. That's Tom Brady, dinged or not.

Regards,
Chris

Some say he needs deer antler spray... Some say give him cat nip... Others say he needs fresh fish...

nothing that guzzling a little donkey goo and rubbin some guac on the nipples can't solve

1421703145174.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back