PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone else wanna strangle Jim Nantz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Michaels is pretty much the only announcer I don't mute.

No problem with Nantz. As far as a play by play guy, he is great. I don't think he was "rooting for the Colts" as much as playing up the potential come back...again. Which announcer wouldn't, really? That is their job. He wasn't openly rooting for Butler in the NCAA final vs Duke but I'm sure to Duke fans it sounded like he was because he kept referring to the cinderella story. It was a huge part of the broadcast.

Yeah, the Wilfork thing is annoying. He used to do that with ex-UConn center Emeka Okafor, he was Oka-fur. You just live with it, it is an accent thing.

Remember, there were days when we would NEVER get to hear the #1 or #2 team call the Patriots games. We were stuck with #3 on down and #3 was only if the Pats were playing Marino or Elway. Ten years from now, who knows, we may be back there again. Enjoy this.

I can no longer stand the combo of Nantz and Simms..Listening to Nantz is almost like fingernails on a chalkboard..

Some of the comments he made yesterday just made you look at the TV and go "HUH?":confused:

No. There is no such thing as jinxes. It's the Patriots defense you should want to strangle. It was a victory which did not leave me feeling good. If not for a pretty much unforced error by Manning on his final play, we blow a 17 point lead for the second consecutive game against that team. The offense tried to sit on the lead and the defense is terrible. It was win, we're 8-2, we've beaten the Colts and Steelers in back to back games, but I still have an uneasy feeling about this team.

Got to agree with you.....Very happy (and a little pleasantly surprised) that we are 8-2.....Very happy that we got the win yesterday.......Very concerned that the inconsistent play on both sides of the ball....and the coaching "prevent" style we have been utilizing....will come back to bite us.....Cincy game....Pitt game.....San Diego game......Indy game......The other team came charging back (Cincy and Pitt it didn't really get that close......but SD and Indy could have both been losses.....I know in time this D is going to be tops in the league just don't know if they (and offense) can get it together consistently enough this year.......we shall see.....GO PATS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft