Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Welker to retire a Patriot?

• Yes. Welker was a great Patriot for us, worked hard, and I'd welcome him back when he retires.

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • No. Welker is dead to me after joining Peyton. Unforgivable offense.

Votes: 96 64.0%
  • Ask me in a few years when the scars have had more time to heal.

Votes: 25 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Welker was great for us, class guy, great teammate by all accounts.

He seemed pretty hurt in his initial press conference introducing him as a Bronco, like he didn't really want to be there.

Holding a grudge against a guy that got played by his agent is silly, where is he supposed to go, Jacksonville?

The guy still wants to win a title, Denver was his best chance on paper.

I don't hold a grudge. If he wanted to sign a contract here to retire, I'd welcome it.

All of that said, I don't really care. Point is, it's stupid to hold a grudge, he tried to earn a little more money, his agent screwed him misreading the market, we moved on before he had a chance to come back.

I don't think he got played by his agent i think the agent made the same mistake I and many others made in not understanding the real market for him. If you looked at his production and the consistency of it he deserved to be paid in the 5% at his position, and the patriots knew they couldn't allow him to hit the market after 2012 and gave him that money on the tag, however another year put him in the older player class and combined with his size and the beating he has taken diminished his value seriously and led to the offers he ended up getting. The bottom line was that as much as i loved Welker as a player i was wrong about what he was worth at that point in his career. i still think the Patriots should have matched even with Amendola but he wasn't worth what i would have paid him and that would have been a bad deal for them. Small, quick slot receivers are basically the kamikazes of the NFL, and we should both respect their incredible toughness for going over the middle time and time again and getting destroyed in the process and realize that they are going to have significant injuries to deal with and shortened careers from it. it goes with the territory.

Truthfully, I do not think about Welker anymore. He played here for 6 seasons and was very productive for us but he never won a championship and came up small in his biggest moment in 2011. I appreciate what he did for the team and thought he was a great value but I could really care less where he retires.

Thread could have ended here. It really doesn't matter either way, great production but never won a ring here. Had a chance to all but clinch ring #4 for us and choked.

I just rewatched that play.

Completely Wes Welker's fault.

Brady put it where #21 couldn't intercept and tried to lead him and Welker didn't follow the right route then botched the catch...

These one day contracts so a player can "retire" with the old team are ridiculous. If Welker's last 3 years are with Denver, then he retires a Bronco. The fans still realize he made great contributions to the Pats for 6 years, before he left for Denver to finish his career, but we don't need the fake retirement contract to pretend he finished his career with Pats.

After this season and a few more leads into Safeties by Peyton (hence concussions), Welker should immediately retire after this season.

Hell no.

I didn't mind him joining another team. But that shot on Talib is not forgivable. Screw him.

Guess that ship has sailed. I really don't care either way. If WW can win us another Championship and go out a Pat, It's Cool.

I just rewatched that play.

Completely Wes Welker's fault.

Brady put it where #21 couldn't intercept and tried to lead him and Welker didn't follow the right route then botched the catch...

Belichick has stated very clearly that nobody, not even him can know just looking at a play, who was at fault. Even as a head coach, he would have to look at everything and everyone involved, see what the call was etc before making that determination.

That said.

Maybe it was Brady under pressure that threw a bad pass.

Or maybe with defender to his left, Welker was supposed to expect the ball over the other shoulder. If so, it would have caught him in stride.

We just don't know.

But bad throw or not, when a receiver gets both hands on a ball, he's expected to catch it.

I still loved Welker when he was here and I think he should be able to retire as a Patriot if he wishes. He did the bulk of his career here and barring a huge increase in production this year, all of his most productive years were in NE.

The device has not been created which could measure my monumental indifference toward this topic.

There's really no steadfast rule for me concerning my loyalties to ex-players. Each case is totally different. A big factor to me is what that player has to say after he leaves. The less he says the better. He doesn't even half to blow kisses at the team, just take it like a man.

Who??.....

:D

Where is the "I don't care option"?

Only if he has a public retirement ceremony where I can boo and throw butterfingers at him.

Why waste time to make a thread like this?????

Let's waste cap space on Welker, and while we're at it let's bring Moss out of retirement so they can retire Patriots

hey guys, do you think Laurence Maroney should retire a patriot?

Welkah= gone

Welker- plays for the Broncos now

heh...do you want John Damon to retire a Red Sox?

do you want him to go in as Johnny or, as he renamed himself as a true Yankee, John?

do you think Welker EVER cared one iota, one atomic particle, about the New England Patriot fanbase?...the kids hearts he ripped out of their little chests still beating?

That ******' turnip brain can't rot in hell deep enough AFAIC....

so...NO...let him retire a TRUE Bronco like his best buddy Pay-Me-Tons.

Welker is a disgraced Ronin. why enshrine him with the emperor and the general?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back