Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Welker to retire a Patriot?

• Yes. Welker was a great Patriot for us, worked hard, and I'd welcome him back when he retires.

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • No. Welker is dead to me after joining Peyton. Unforgivable offense.

Votes: 96 64.0%
  • Ask me in a few years when the scars have had more time to heal.

Votes: 25 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I think part of the reason he signed to Denver for basically what we offered was because his pride took a hit when he realized Belichick was more right than he was about his value, so he wasn't going to come back to the table a defeated man with his pride swallowed and sign for about what NE offered him to begin with.

So he gave us the finger and went to Denver and caught balls from the enemy.

We had good years together and now there's this.
How do you feel?

Truthfully, I do not think about Welker anymore. He played here for 6 seasons and was very productive for us but he never won a championship and came up small in his biggest moment in 2011. I appreciate what he did for the team and thought he was a great value but I could really care less where he retires.

Why is this a topic for discussion? He's not here, end of story.

I voted yes but I really don't care.

Funny league. Hell yes, if he comes back for a productive year (or more) just prior to retiring -- though I guess that's not on the menu.

But I'm really noncommittal if he just shows up in his old Pats jersey wanting a little ceremony at midfield. To me if he doesn't come back to play, I'll just remember the oversized bobble-head looking helmet and will hate him because it's goofy. If he came back through some weird quirk of the league, the oversized silver helmet would be absolutely essential safety equipment that should be studied as a preventive measure for the whole league.

Welker is dead to me. Especially after the cheap shot on Talib and talking so much **** about BB. Biting the hand that made him who he is.

LOL. Too soon to ask. Welker had his greatest moments as a Patriot. and actually he was here longer than Moss. He accomplished a lot of good things here. Just never got the ring. I feel like easily Moss deserves to retire a Patriot if he wants that. As for Welker who has done as much, but not as spectacularly, I'd say wait a few years. After it's all said and done, I'd probably say, why the hell not. This is just the wrong time to ask when he is ACTIVELY playing with the enemy.

Same thing goes for Viniatieri, if later on he wants to retire as a Patriot, I'd probably say, alright why the hell not. He did unleash the kick that shocked the world! Just don't ask that right now. Maybe 10 years from now after they've all retired and we can look back.

Funny league. Hell yes, if he comes back for a productive year (or more) just prior to retiring -- though I guess that's not on the menu.

But I'm really noncommittal if he just shows up in his old Pats jersey wanting a little ceremony at midfield. To me if he doesn't come back to play, I'll just remember the oversized bobble-head looking helmet and will hate him because it's goofy. If he came back through some weird quirk of the league, the oversized silver helmet would be absolutely essential safety equipment that should be studied as a preventive measure for the whole league.

I meant for a one day contract for some pomp and ceremony, not to have a productive season with us.

Bd0EZoTCQAA-rzL.png

He pissed off BB. He's got a better shot retiring as a Dolphin.

Seriously though, give it some time and yes. He put it all on the line while he was here.

Without a doubt. He has been a very important part of our offense for many years

**** Welker...

He accomplished much here, but choked in the big moments, went to the enemy, trashed our iconic coach, and cheapshotted our #1 CB in the AFCCG.

He's welcome to buy a ticket to Randy Moss' more-likely Pats HOF induction.

Wish there was a "Hell no f*** that p**** option".

But seriously, no, just no.

Only two pages into the thread but judging by the responses and poll results, it looks like Welker really burned his bridge here with everybody.

The answer is no for me. He could have went to 29 other NFL teams and it would not have been a problem, only two places you can't leave New England for, one is the Jets the other is Peyton's team.

I wouldn't care if Wee Wesley Waxler retired a Harlem Globetrotter.

he can go fug himself, I will never forget that drop, neither the fun all those giants fans had at me with my Patriots hat watching the game in a pub in Manhattan

After Welker said, in the Super Bowl, that the Broncos' offense was the best ever, I never want to see him in a Pats uni ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back