PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think this is one of Bill’s favorite teams ever?

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the way Bill talks to this team in the postgame locker room videos? I can’t wait to see the one for tonight. I always notice how enthusiastic Bill is about this team when talking to them. There’s an energy to it that feels like something we haven’t seen since the early dynasty years.

I see him calling out individual performances much more. I see him less monotone, and much more just excited about our team performance.

He’s having fun. It feels like he knows what this team means to him and how he wants to shove it to people who questioned his legacy over this last year. This is his team he built from the ground up this offseason.

A while back I remember seeing something written about how Bill had said he wanted to sign players he’d enjoy coaching. At the time there were some naysayers about him being selfish and not putting measurables and team interests ahead of his selfish subjective feelings. I think we are seeing what he was talking about. This is locker room chemistry at its finest.

Definitely up there as a favorite regular season team. We shall see. I think his favorite teams are the Superbowl winning ones. So let's see how the team does in the postseason.

A while back I remember seeing something written about how Bill had said he wanted to sign players he’d enjoy coaching. At the time there were some naysayers about him being selfish and not putting measurables and team interests ahead of his selfish subjective feelings. I think we are seeing what he was talking about. This is locker room chemistry at its finest.

There are a lot of locker room leaders on this team.

Absolutely

He likes winning and the team is winning now.

/thread

There are a lot of locker room leaders on this team.

It's a really nice blend/balance of old-guard, veteran leadership (Slater, Andrews, McCourty, Guy, Hightower), a strong, middle-class contingent of newer players who have assimilated well and are growing into leadership roles (Judon, Mills, Bourne, Henry), and a core of young players who are growing/thriving within the team and expect to transition into the "veteran, strong, middle-class contingent" over the next 2-4 years (Mac, Harris, Meyers, Rham, Gunner, Barmore, Dugger, and hopefully others like J.C., etc, into the future).

I may have missed some names at the various levels, so feel free to throw other players into these categories if I'm missing anyone.

He likes winning and the team is winning now.

/thread

I don't think this is entirely true.

I'm sure Belichick would rather coach a team of unlikable players who he can get to win games, than coach a group of likable guys who he can't get to win, but I don't think Belichick's approach is quite as binary as you present it.

He's a human being and he wants to be around and interact with the guys that he enjoys developing and working with. It should be said that those two things (having a team of players Belichick enjoys coaching/interacting with, and winning games) are not mutually exclusive concepts.

I wanted to see him coach players he enjoys coaching that are also talented. This draft class shows what a mixture of the two can do for a team in one offseason.

"This is his team he built from the ground up this offseason." You can't convince me that there isn't an element of his psyche that motivates him to prove he can build a winning team sans TB12.

It will be if they win a championship.

"This is his team he built from the ground up this offseason." You can't convince me that there isn't an element of his psyche that motivates him to prove he can build a winning team sans TB12.
Especially after Brady made it his mission to do it

No doubt......this has been a 'fun bunch' with good chemistry and it shows in the way they play on the field.

Has anyone else noticed the way Bill talks to this team in the postgame locker room videos? I can’t wait to see the one for tonight. I always notice how enthusiastic Bill is about this team when talking to them. There’s an energy to it that feels like something we haven’t seen since the early dynasty years.

I see him calling out individual performances much more. I see him less monotone, and much more just excited about our team performance.

He’s having fun. It feels like he knows what this team means to him and how he wants to shove it to people who questioned his legacy over this last year. This is his team he built from the ground up this offseason.
He hasn’t changed. Your perception has.

It's a really nice blend/balance of old-guard, veteran leadership (Slater, Andrews, McCourty, Guy, Hightower), a strong, middle-class contingent of newer players who have assimilated well and are growing into leadership roles (Judon, Mills, Bourne, Henry), and a core of young players who are growing/thriving within the team and expect to transition into the "veteran, strong, middle-class contingent" over the next 2-4 years (Mac, Harris, Meyers, Rham, Gunner, Barmore, Dugger, and hopefully others like J.C., etc, into the future).

I may have missed some names at the various levels, so feel free to throw other players into these categories if I'm missing anyone.
KVN, Wise, Trent Brown, Bolden. This team is full of very mature intelligent guys.

Yes, 100% he seems reinvigorated. The team hasn't looked like this, from the looks of their body language, since 2017.

There's just very little ego on this team. Everyone seems to have bought in and is genuinely happy for whoever is making the plays. Even Harry, who I thought would be gone as soon as he made that ridiculous trade demand, has bought into his role (you may not like it, and it will never be worth a first round pick, but he's doing it well and doing it with pride).

I still think the first dynasty is probably his favorite teams. I am thinking he probably didn't like the fact that from 2007 on Brady got a huge share of the accolades and credit for the teams which probably took some of the enjoyment out of it for him. I think this might be the first team that has the same closeness and attitude of the (original) Patriot Way since 2004. I am guessing he sees a lot of 2003 from the defense and 2004 from the running game.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back