PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do You Realize What A SB Win Next Year Means????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightSkinSmurf

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It means 3 SB wins in 4 years... Just like how we started in the brady era. I haven't seen this talked about much at all so I was just wondering if I'm the only one pondering this thought..... If you needed extra motivation/desire for the 6th, this is it. A continuation of the dynasty.

Just taking a guess, but?....

maxresdefault.jpg

It's crossed my mind for sure. We have an extremely good chance at doing it. The next few months should be interesting as we set the table for another run at back to back and 3 out of 4.

All kinds of milestones are within reach.
  • Only teams to win 3 out of 4 SBs twice.
  • Tie for a record 6 SB victories
  • HC/QB in 8 SBs (new record)
  • player gets 6 SB rings (TB)
  • tie or break 20 consecutive winning seasons
  • What's the most wins in 10 years? We may have already beat the 49ers on this one.
  • Most playoff appearances

Last edited:
it's been talked about in about every fifth post on every thread here, but OK...

and yes, it would be AMAZING!
And if Tom ends in perfect symmetry as to how he started ( 3 of first 4 AND 3 of last 4) he will retire and Jimmy will take over in 2018. Tom's succession plan is the first question that has to be answered before the rest of the dominos fall this off season

It means 3 SB wins in 4 years... Just like how we started in the brady era. I haven't seen this talked about much at all so I was just wondering if I'm the only one pondering this thought..... If you needed extra motivation/desire for the 6th, this is it. A continuation of the dynasty.
If they won a SB next year, it actually creates a perfectly symmetric career arc:

3 of 4 wins
2 missed Super Bowls
Super Bowl loss
3 missed Super Bowls <---- this is the midway point
Super Bowl loss
2 missed Super Bowls
3 of 4 wins

Not that I expect next year is the final year for Brady :D

We are making up for that 10 year span without a ring. I feel like Brady and Bill after hitting 3 rings wanted to win a crazy amount, but started to worry a 4th might never happen. After winning a 4th and 5th in the last 3 Superbowls, we are back on track.

Blitz for Six.

We are making up for that 10 year span without a ring. I feel like Brady and Bill after hitting 3 rings wanted to win a crazy amount, but started to worry a 4th might never happen. After winning a 4th and 5th in the last 3 Superbowls, we are back on track.

Blitz for Six.

When you think about it its crazy TB & BB went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl, its gets overshadowed obviously cause we were in the hunt every year and went to 2 in between not like we had 10 losing seasons and fell into a world of irrelevancy during that span

When you think about it its crazy TB & BB went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl, its gets overshadowed obviously cause we were in the hunt every year and went to 2 in between not like we had 10 losing seasons and fell into a world of irrelevancy during that span
Yeah. You know even though he will never admit it that Brady wants an unreal number of rings. He was probably so happy to hit 5 and deep down it made up for those brutal ten years that he might see as wasted ring possibilities. If he hits 6 next year, he will want 7.

I think 5 has been on his mind for years, deep down.

Yeah. You know even though he will never admit it that Brady wants an unreal number of rings. He was probably so happy to hit 5 and deep down it made up for those brutal ten years that he might see as wasted ring possibilities. If he hits 6 next year, he will want 7.

I think 5 has been on his mind for years, deep down.

Yea he seemed humble on the podium after SB49 but this SB on the podium he seemed fired up screaming

Yea he seemed humble on the podium after SB49 but this SB on the podium he seemed fired up screaming
I also think he can retire at peace even if he wins no more. I think he thought 4th was a sure thing after 3, but really wanted that 5th.

Though, he probably wants that 6th ring now because thatd be unreal.

Mission complete Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore