PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we want Dolphins to beat Steelers in wild card game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodell wants Pittsburgh/Giants in the bowl. Miami will get screwed by the refs tomorrow. Wrolstad is a pretty fair ref but there's a little scumbag mole snuck onto his roster in the form of Jeff Triplette. Right now he's an alternate. You should all smell a gigantic rat if one of the members of Wrolstad's announced crew suddenly gets "sick" or has "chest pains".
I do not believe the games are false or wrongly influenced. They would never ever risked that. I feel it important to say as such every time someone actually suggests it. When we suggest it we look stupid, no offense. Also, if they cared about ratings they would want Pats/Cowboys.

I think you could make an argument for each scenario. If Pitt wins, they go to KC and they get to push each other and the winner could come out stronger. Or they could beat each other up and come out beaten and bruised. If Miami wins, both NE and KC would have easy divisional round games. Not sure which one I think is better...
Pitt will be confident as hell on a 9 game winning streak and coming out of Arrowhead with a playoff victory against the team that a lot of people on this board fear more. Pitt will be dangerous and confident in Gillette at that point. I think the best thing to happen would be Pitt losing to the Dolphins today.

I don't care. Not one of the remaining AFC teams has as much talent as NE. Unless Joker is right, the 9th SB is going to be a good football game.

Not going to happen, the Steelers are winning this game one way or another, but at this point, if we could have the choice of our opponents, I'd pick the less physical/dirty teams over the most dangerous matchups. As long as we stay healthy, we can beat anyone.

Of course we want the Steelers to win... let KC and the Steelers murder each other at Arrowhead while we coast through Houston..
as unlikely as it may be, if the Steelers lose today, it is at least possible for us to get Dolphins then Texans. But regardless the Steelers being eliminated would help us tremendously. Pitt coming off a 9 game winning streak just having beat KC at Arrowhead will be a scary confident team. I would rather they get beat today.

Pitt will be confident as hell on a 9 game winning streak and coming out of Arrowhead with a playoff victory against the team that a lot of people on this board fear more. Pitt will be dangerous and confident in Gillette at that point. I think the best thing to happen would be Pitt losing to the Dolphins today.

I agree. I think KC should win at home but Andy Reid is a terrible playoff coach and KC lost at home to the titans for christ sake!

I agree. I think KC should win at home but Andy Reid is a terrible playoff coach and KC lost at home to the titans for christ sake!
Also, unfortunately, the Gillette crowd will seem accommodating in comparison to Arrowhead.

I think Houston is a slightly easier match up for us than Miami. Therefore, the only way I see it beneficial for the Dolphins to win is if Houston could somehow go into Arrowhead and pull the upset. As I am a realist, I think Pitt is who we should be rooting for today.

of course we do, but they won't.........;.

Heatstroke AND frostbite... How do you even treat that?

Heatbite and Froststroke brand creme - now from Under Armor. You can get a package deal with the new infra-red sleep TB12 PJs!

as unlikely as it may be, if the Steelers lose today, it is at least possible for us to get Dolphins then Texans. But regardless the Steelers being eliminated would help us tremendously. Pitt coming off a 9 game winning streak just having beat KC at Arrowhead will be a scary confident team. I would rather they get beat today.

They may be confident but they'll also be extremely banged up.

CBS interviewing the classy cheerleader ATM. He's awesome. Wonder why they didn't show the trip clip.

If tbe pats are good as we think they're they will beat the squealers or any team in foxboro.

I've decided. Screw the Dolphins x1000 and the rest of our division.

I just hope we win three more games. Damn the opponent, THREE MORE WINS!!!

I hope not, because Miami stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents