PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Discussion on Jerod Mayo candidacy as HC

Why would you bring race into it?

Mayo has only been coaching for 5 years. How has he earned the HC job? How has he earned it more than the many coaches out there who have been coaching longer, have been coordinators, and have had success?

I like Mayo but acting like he has earned the job and it would be an affront to hire someone else is crazy. He would be one of the least experienced HCs hired in the history of the league.
Why would I bring race into it ... go take a poll among our returning players ... get back to me.
As I have said in other posts ... all he would need is a very good veteran assistant coach and find an Ernie Adams for him.
Seems like Belichick misses him quite a bit ... ah no discussion of that here.
Surround Mayo with a strong base ... a smart team will if we don't. My opinon .... he will be one who got away.

How was Brian Flores doing in Miami ... not bad for a noob HC back in 2020-2021.
There are others out there across all sports .... the young coach argument is deeply flawed ... but many like retreads more.:confused:

If you need an explanation for 'white ass' that tells me you cannot comprehend the repercussions to begin with.
This thread is not about me ... so that's all I will say on that.

I'm not looking to pick a fight, it just seemed unnecessary. I'd hope that if a caucasian with superior credentials was chosen over Mayo it would be acceptable to all involved. Merit should trump race in either direction.

Take a look at Joe Mazzulla of the Celtics ... they surround him with veteran voices ... Mayo can get the same.
There have been many failed sharp knife coaches across all sports ...
Just some from our teams of the past ... McDaniels ... Patricia .... O'Brien .... where did it get them as head coaches?
Many ... most ... if not all of the best are/were in their day great leaders of men ... this is across all sports.

And what identifies a great leader of men most of all? Putting them in position to win. Maybe Mayo has that capability (with the help you suggest), maybe he doesn't. I simply am skeptical based on his very limited coaching experience.

Why would I bring race into it ... go take a poll among our returning players ... get back to me.
As I have said in other posts ... all he would need is a very good veteran assistant coach and find an Ernie Adams for him.
Seems like Belichick misses him quite a bit ... ah no discussion of that here.
Surround Mayo with a strong base ... a smart team will if we don't. My opinon .... he will be one who got away.

How was Brian Flores doing in Miami ... not bad for a noob HC back in 2020-2021.
There are others out there across all sports .... the young coach argument is deeply flawed ... but many like retreads more.:confused:
So you are a racist and cover it with “go ask the players they will agree with me”. You have no clue what the players think.

So you think that Mayo earned the job because he needs very good assistants and Ernie Adams? So will any black coach do it for you?

Flores had a losing record never made the playoffs and the team got better since he left. And Flores was an assistant for 11 years after 4 as a scout.

So you are a racist and cover it with “go ask the players they will agree with me”. You have no clue what the players think.

So you think that Mayo earned the job because he needs very good assistants and Ernie Adams? So will any black coach do it for you?

Flores had a losing record never made the playoffs and the team got better since he left. And Flores was an assistant for 11 years after 4 as a scout.
If he is hired ... I will return to the topic ... I really have nothing else to add ... it's my opinion ... nothing more.
there are no absolutes here ... it's not science ... no hiring a coach for dummies book ... just opinions.
Like or dislike it ... my opinion is not going to change based on the opinions of others.

Calling someone a racist ... so Andy of you ... have another drink bud.

If he is hired ... I will return to the topic ... I really have nothing else to add ... it's my opinion ... nothing more.
there are no absolutes here ... it's not science ... no hiring a coach for dummies book ... just opinions.
Like or dislike it ... my opinion is not going to change based on the opinions of others.

Calling someone a racist ... so Andy of you ... have another drink bud.
You endorse making a decision because of race. That is by definition racist.
That’s a you problem not a me problem.

You endorse making a decision because of race. That is by definition racist.
That’s a you problem not a me problem.
There is much more to my posts on this topic in this thread ...
read all the words ... if you still think the above I am fine with it ...
If I am totally wrong and ill informed ... that's fine also ...
my opinion ... this is a Jerod Mayo thread ... not about me ... thx Ring.

There is much more to my posts on this topic in this thread ...
read all the words ... if you still think the above I am fine with it ...
If I am totally wrong and ill informed ... that's fine also ...
my opinion ... this is a Jerod Mayo thread ... not about me ... thx Ring.
You made it about race. Own it or correct it.

You made it about race. Own it or correct it.
What are you my keeper ... a moderator ... double fact checking press :notsaying:
You of all people ... that belligerent Andy who got more mean as the hours went by.
Good spelling became keyboard pounding words ...
Ring 6 is a much more enjoyable read ... even tempered ... leave Andy in the past Ring.
Up your ass own it or correct .... the irony of it. Ian has better things to do ... move on evil Andy. :evil:

What are you my keeper ... a moderator ... double fact checking press :notsaying:
You of all people ... that belligerent Andy who got more mean as the hours went by.
Good spelling became keyboard pounding words ...
Ring 6 is a much more enjoyable read ... even tempered ... leave Andy in the past Ring.
Up your ass own it or correct .... the irony of it. Ian has better things to do ... move on evil Andy. :evil:

I’m the guy calling out your bs.

You made the discussion about race, and that is inappropriate. You made racist comments, either own them as the racist you appear to be, or retract them if it was in error.

This has nothing to do with Ian.

And again, this is a you issue, not a me issue, as much as you try to deflect it, I’m just the observer calling out your racism.

I'm not looking to pick a fight, it just seemed unnecessary. I'd hope that if a caucasian with superior credentials was chosen over Mayo it would be acceptable to all involved. Merit should trump race in either direction.

And what identifies a great leader of men most of all? Putting them in position to win. Maybe Mayo has that capability (with the help you suggest), maybe he doesn't. I simply am skeptical based on his very limited coaching experience.
Great leaders happen ... not sure there is a blueprint ...
I believe in him and I think the next generation of players here will also believe ... without that the rest is useless.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back