PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dirty play injures Stevenson

Dude, come on. You had me believe this. Watch this very carefully at the 6 secs mark, Stevenson smacks his head hard on the tuff. Burns graze did not do that to him. This is not a dirty play. He had just huddled someone, his movement was natural and it he tried too much, he could have risk injury to himself. If that glazed over causes Stevenson to be concussed like that then RB is not a position he should continue in the NFL.

Look carefully at the 7 second mark (manually scrub the video). Stevensons head snapped sideways with the force of Burns’ shin. And look at Burns’ bad acting job as if he didn’t notice his head there. I believe it was intentional.

Dude, come on. You had me believe this. Watch this very carefully at the 6 secs mark, Stevenson smacks his head hard on the tuff. Burns graze did not do that to him. This is not a dirty play. He had just huddled someone, his movement was natural and it he tried too much, he could have risk injury to himself. If that glazed over causes Stevenson to be concussed like that then RB is not a position he should continue in the NFL.

I agree. I didn’t see much from Burns on that play

It wasn't the human shin to a polycarbonate reinforced helmet that rattled Rham's brain. He must've just hit the ground with his helmet more violently than it looked. I hope he's okay. He seemed like the most dangerous back on the field.

Yeah, count me among those who not only don't think it was intentional, but also don't think the shin was what actually concussed (assuming that's what it is) Stevenson on the play.

Look carefully at the 7 second mark (manually scrub the video). Stevensons head snapped sideways with the force of Burns’ shin. And look at Burns’ bad acting job as if he didn’t notice his head there. I believe it was intentional.

You have a remarkable pair of Patriot's beer goggles on here. That was barely a brush by.

Didn't look like the shin did much of anything, think it was the head hitting the ground that knocked him silly. Hopefully it's not too serious

More worried about Harris... that was a shot

Last edited:

I didn't think it was dirty. I thought it was just football. Incidental contact.

Burns should be fined. That was dirty.

And by the way, it’s only a matter of time Rham becomes a beast. Did you notice how fluid he catches the back out of the backfield?

All-pro punt returners with the highest avg/return in modern NFL history are easy to replace? You don't think his 4x20 yds/return might have helped win the Chargers game?
I'd rather have our top two running backs healthy. Sorry. Gunner is great... but 100% I'd take having one of those two guys against the Browns who are great against the run...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back