PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Patriots added Gillislee and Burkhead along with extending White's contract. What do you think that means for Dion Lewis? He has a long history of injuries and is in the last year of his contract.

Any chance he is on the bubble if we find a young promising back late in the draft or as an UDFA?

The Patriots added Gillislee and Burkhead along with extending White's contract. What do you think that means for Dion Lewis? He has a long history of injuries and is in the last year of his contract.

Any chance he is on the bubble if we find a young promising back late in the draft or as an UDFA?

I know this has been a popular theory, and Volin has been pushing it. That said.... In the Super Bowl, when the Pats tried a trick play to win the game prior to OT, it was Dion Lewis who got the ball and not White or Blount. That means something.

Unless he loses his elusiveness or injures himself in camp, he's on the team this year. The Pats aren't going to extend him until they're 100% convinced he's at 2015 pre-injury level though.

Keep him to complete the 4 headed monster. What a scary/deep backfield this is. Especially if white improves in between the tackles , you have 4 backs who can do it all. Offense highly unpredictable except when we go 5 wide.

Trucky-pootie-tang-quotes-300x225.jpg

Zero percent chance he's on the bubble.

Gillislee takes Blount's spot and Burkhead takes probably Foster's spot who the Pats try to get on the PS.

They carried

Blount
White
Lewis
Foster
Bolden (Slater of the RBs)

in the playoffs

Gillisee
White
Lewis
Burkhead
Bolden

would be no difference

if white gets injured? you have lewis (and vice versa)

same w/ the power runners

we have 2 of each, the receiving/elusive back and the power back, not bad ot have two of each

we keep all 4

Gillislee takes Blount's spot and Burkhead takes probably Foster's spot who the Pats try to get on the PS.

They carried

Blount
White
Lewis
Foster

in the playoffs

Gillisee
White
Lewis
Burkhead
Bolden

would be no difference
Completely agree. My thoughts exactly.

They carried

Blount
White
Lewis
Foster

in the playoffs

Gillisee
White
Lewis
Burkhead
Bolden

would be no difference

Are you cutting Develin?

I hope Burkhead's abilities in ST make Bolden expendable. 6 players in the backfield (with Bolden and Develin) is a bit much...

I would guess that the Coaching Staff isnt keen on relying on Lewis for the whole season, given that we heavily invested in the RB position.

We know that Lewis can be really good. You hold on to players like that: simple. If injuries compromise that potential down the road, you adjust accordingly. I just don't see any complexity or controversy here, unless you see Bolden as more valuable. Bolden is valuable, but his upside is nil. I like the guy, but Lewis is the better investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes