Did Player #53 Travel With The team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
And what was his name?

I'm guessing it's someone from the PS, whether it be Ventrone or Moore or Carter.

Jeff Tarpanian had #53...since he was IR'd...do they give out his number again?

I believe he means --- Did the 53rd player the Patriots are allowed to have active on game day make the trip? Since last week it was Malcolm Williams and he was cut but no announcement of replacement has been made yet. Atleast I do not think it has but I may have missed it.

I am assuming whoever it is did travel, my guess is Moore got promoted???
I am under the impression for a number of weeks we have had so many injuries that we have had players active who were not going to play. That is, with 43 healthy players you activate 2 guys who are too injured to play except in the event of an emergency. There would be no reason to not have Mr 53 active if that is still the case.

We have a 53 man roster with an open spot as of yesterday. But only 45 can dress, so they would only fill the slot with someone who would dress on the 45. At safety they have the same guys at the position as they had last week: Ihedigbo, Slater, Jones, and Brown. Jones may be a tad light to tackle McGahee, and Ihedigbo will last about 3-4 tackles before he is writhing on the field in pain.

Last edited:
We have a 53 man roster with an open spot as of yesterday. But only 45 can dress, so they would only fill the slot with someone who would dress on the 45. At safety they have the same guys at the position as they had last week: Ihedigbo, Slater, Jones, and Brown. Jones may be a tad light to tackle McGahee, and Ihedigbo will last about 3-4 tackles before he is writhing on the field in pain.

46 under the new CBA.

Moore is my guess.

I believe that Player 53 is often activated and plays on the special teams units. The seven inactives are often 2 OL's, 1 QB, 1 RB, and 3 players who are injured.

I am assuming whoever it is did travel, my guess is Moore got promoted???
I am under the impression for a number of weeks we have had so many injuries that we have had players active who were not going to play. That is, with 43 healthy players you activate 2 guys who are too injured to play except in the event of an emergency. There would be no reason to not have Mr 53 active if that is still the case.

Moore is my guess.

I believe that Player 53 is often activated and plays on the special teams units. The seven inactives are often 2 OL's, 1 QB, 1 RB, and 3 players who are injured.
Aside from #3 QB there have been games this year when there were more players too injured to play than inactive spots. Connolly, Wendel, Ellis, Guyton come to mind.

So BB and Patricia threw another 20.....

It seems like it would be statistically unlikely for them to throw that many 20's in such a short period of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes