PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Kraft put BB on notice?

This is hilarious coming from you. You were defending Rodgers in his 2021 49ers divisional exit, using your patented "it's a team game!" fall back.

But when Lamar loses in the playoffs its all him. Funny.
Good post: I don't get the Lamar Jackson bashing from most PatsFans there is minority myself included who really like the player. That said to the bashers "those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" we have nothing that give us a glimmer of hope that Mac can be a poor mans Joe Burrow...yeah we have problems.

This is hilarious coming from you. You were defending Rodgers in his 2021 49ers divisional exit, using your patented "it's a team game!" fall back.

But when Lamar loses in the playoffs its all him. Funny.
The Packers special teams unit was ranked dead last in 2021, and in that game their ST's unit turned the ball over twice the the 49ers by blocking a punt and blocking a field goal. They also gave up a 45 yard kick return. The 49er's D also sacked Rogers five times and forced TE Mercedes Lewis into fumbling the ball for another takeaway. The Packers literally fired the special teams coach after that game... don't tell me special teams don't matter. It's a team game.

The big difference with Lamar Jackson is he has sucked in the playoffs... him.

Lamar Jackson's playoff stats: 4 games, 1-3 record, 55% passing, 3 TD's/5 INT's, 68 QB Rating, 5 Fumbles.

The way you guys dance around his incompetence in the playoffs is telling.

Last edited:
What not true? So Andrews made himself an all pro TE? I just wish the Lamar hate would stop! The guys a great player hands down.. I know we won't get him but have to acknowledge he is a great player..
I remember Andrews owning our Defense his Draft profile was so wrong wish we had Drafted him.:(

Never has even one running QB who was an average to poor passer succeeded in the postseason.
Wozzy you know that BB's Defense have been embarrassed by those Running QB's ie... Jackson - Tua *undefeated against BB* and Justin Fields who tore us a new one last year in prime time. I don't know about you but I want one of those QB's.

I remember Andrews owning our Defense his Draft profile was so wrong wish we had Drafted him.:(
Absolutely right!! The guys in my opinion right behind Kelce as the 2nd best TE.. I wish we had drafted him also.. but BB saw tremendous "value" in Keene and asiasi.. lol lol

The Packers special teams unit was ranked dead last in 2021, and in that game their ST's unit turned the ball over twice the the 49ers by blocking a punt and blocking a field goal. They also gave up a 45 yard kick return. The 49er's D also sacked Rogers five times and forced TE Mercedes Lewis into fumbling the ball for another takeaway. The Packers literally fired the special teams coach after that game... don't tell me special teams don't matter. It's a team game.

The big difference with Lamar Jackson is he has sucked in the playoffs... him.

Lamar Jackson's playoff stats: 4 games, 1-3 record, 55% passing, 3 TD's/5 INT's, 68 QB Rating, 5 Fumbles.

The way you guys dance around his incompetence in the playoffs is telling.
And guess what? Despite all the things you said a Rodgers led offense scored 10 points and went 3 and out about 8 times, I believe. Just because he's not throwing picks, that doesn't mean he's playing particularly well.

I can easily make excuses for Lamar. I can point out how poor his WR1/2/3 have been for a lot of his career. How their scheme has failed to adapt. How he has elevated the rushing attack of their team. Is it not a team game for Lamar when his receivers stink and his OC isn't that good?

Absolutely right!! The guys in my opinion right behind Kelce as the 2nd best TE.. I wish we had drafted him also.. but BB saw tremendous "value" in Keene and asiasi.. lol lol
Don't remind us please unbelievable.

Wozzy you know that BB's Defense have been embarrassed by those Running QB's ie... Jackson - Tua *undefeated against BB* and Justin Fields who tore us a new one last year in prime time. I don't know about you but I want one of those QB's.
Lamar has improved vastly his throwing and accuracy.. when you can move the pocket like he does WRs get open.. Hollywood brown was tremendous becuase of Lamar that 2019 season.. your right we can't stop any mobile QBs..

Fields made our front look silly especially on 3rd and forever.. all I'm saying is this offense with BOB could go to unlimited heights with a QB like lamar..

Even if I thought this was true, Lamar isn’t playing the Pats every week. Fields had 2 rushing yards against us in the second half last season, the defense figured out Fields running by rushing Judon from the center of the D.

Lamar sucks in the playoffs because he can’t pass against great defenses. There’s nothing you can say to change this.

And guess what? Despite all the things you said a Rodgers led offense scored 10 points and went 3 and out about 8 times, I believe. Just because he's not throwing picks, that doesn't mean he's playing particularly well.
This is outright wrong, and the offensive line allowing the 49ers to sack Rogers five times had a lot to do with the six punts GB attempted. You’re suggesting the QB is solely responsible for scoring, that’s not how football works.
I can easily make excuses for Lamar. I can point out how poor his WR1/2/3 have been for a lot of his career. How their scheme has failed to adapt. How he has elevated the rushing attack of their team. Is it not a team game for Lamar when his receivers stink and his OC isn't that good?
His receivers haven’t sucked, a passing QB would have thrived with those guys. The Ravens coaches allow Lamar the 26th fewest pass attempts because they’re protecting him from himself.

Even if I thought this was true, Lamar isn’t playing the Pats every week. Fields had 2 rushing yards against us in the second half last season, the defense figured out Fields running by rushing Judon from the center of the D.

Lamar sucks in the playoffs because he can’t pass against great defenses. There’s nothing you can say to change this.
With BOB and BB we'd devise strategies to wisely use Lamars gifts.. allow him to improvise when Plays broke down..

He'd be a more efficient under BOB &He'd have a dominant defense to complitement.

He'd also help the defense by allowing them to rest while he grinds teams on 7 minute drives..

The options are so endless thinking about a guy like Lamar.

He's the most dynamic player in the NFL period doesn't matter what anyone say negative about him. I'd be elated to have him.. I'm free to dream though.. lol

But here's the thing again. For the next 2 years WITH Jackson you have to account for around a $50MM cap hit each year, and unless you can figure out a way to improve his passing game and limit his rushing attempts to 50-70 a year instead of 145, the likelihood he is going to be healthy for the playoffs will decrease every year he plays for us.

We have a LOT of cap space over the next 2 years, but we also have a just a few signed beyond 2023 (around 23 IIRC), so we will need to use a LOT of that cap space in filling out a squad of quality players. So it won't be limitless. One of my pet peeves in reporting cap space is they rarely use BOTH figures. The amount of space AND the # of players signed. You need both to really understand what the team can do.'

Right now I believe that Mac CAN develop into a nice starting QB in the Kirk Cousins mode. Surround him with a quality team and as he gets better we can be a championship contender AND when it comes time to extend him he becomes a $25MM/yr QB not a 50MM one.
But at least for the next 3 years we will be able to surround him with better and better players

The thing I can't seem to get passed with Lamar is the "availability" question. BUT that being said, if you felt that he could be effective AND put himself a lot less at risk then you have to look at him hard to see if he had that in him.
Lamar is available right now, it seems inevitable now that Baltimore has to find a trade partner. I was pissed when we passed on him twice in the draft and there's another opportunity to get the player again. This is a one-time opportunity, he's getting a 3-5 year deal somewhere, and he's likely to be a less attractive QB post-30.

Lamar hasn't sustained any serious injuries. He'll be fully healthy when offseason workouts commence in a few weeks. I'm not shying away from a player of this caliber because of prior non-serious injuries. He's worth the $ and the commitment.

Regarding the Mac and Cousins comparison, we would be extremely fortune if Mac turned out to be Cousins. People need to take a closer look at Cousins NFL production... he's an above average quarterback since becoming a full time starter in 2015. Firstly, he never misses a game... he leads the NFL in QB starts since 2015. He's top 5 in all of these passing categories... completions (3rd), completion% (5th), yards (3rd), TDs (4th), wins (4th), 4thQC (2nd), game-winning drives (2nd). He's 7th in passer rating (99.6) and misses the top 5 there only by a whisker. He's at least respectable in many other passing categories (such TD% and INT%).

So sorry, but the reality is, Mac is even a long way from being Cousins.

He's not a great passer, no way no how. If he was great, he wouldn't rank near dead last in pass attempts every year.
This is so disingenuous. Why don't you look at pass attempts + rush attempts and the combined results (yards, 1st downs, TDs)? You don't because it destroys your transparent attempt to belittle an enormously productive football player by blatantly discounting a significant aspect of his game.

With BOB and BB we'd devise strategies to wisely use Lamars gifts.. allow him to improvise when Plays broke down..

He'd be a more efficient under BOB &He'd have a dominant defense to complitement.

He'd also help the defense by allowing them to rest while he grinds teams on 7 minute drives..

The options are so endless thinking about a guy like Lamar.

He's the most dynamic player in the NFL period doesn't matter what anyone say negative about him. I'd be elated to have him.. I'm free to dream though.. lol
Harbaugh and Greg Roman maximized Lamar’s gifts in 2019, he’ll never have a season like that again unless someone puts the same “heavy option” offense around him… even then, teams have film on Lamar now. He’s not sneaking up on anyone ever again.

Lamar isn’t a pocket passer, can’t pass from the pocket against superior playoff caliber defenses. Neither BB nor Obie want a QB who can’t pass.

Tom Brady couldn’t run, Staffords can’t run, Mahomes runs exactly as fast as Mac… those are the last three guys to win the Super Bowl, explain to us again how important running is in relation to passing.

This is so disingenuous. Why don't you look at pass attempts + rush attempts and the combined results (yards, 1st downs, TDs)? You don't because it destroys your transparent attempt to belittle an enormously productive football player by blatantly discounting a significant aspect of his game.
Passing is the job, Tom Brady couldn’t run.

So that's it? 4 games and you're done with him lol. He had 500 yards alone in one of those games (set a postseason record). Only Mahomes has a better regular season winning percentage than Lamar since 2018. He knows how to win football games, and eventually it will translate to the postseason, especially if he lands in a better situation with some real talent around him so he can maximize his overall potential as a quarterback. He's a tremendous football player, we already know that.

Passing is the job, Tom Brady couldn’t run.
Brady's not a running quarterback. You need to study up on pocket QB vs running QB.

So that's it? 4 games and you're done with him lol. He had 500 yards alone in one of those games (set a postseason record). Only Mahomes has a better regular season winning percentage than Lamar since 2018. He knows how to win football games, and eventually it will translate to the postseason, especially if he lands in a better situation with some real talent around him so he can maximize his overall potential as a quarterback. He's a tremendous football player, we already know that.
Read what I wrote about Lamar before the 2018 draft, he was off my board as a rookie unless he was willing to play another position.

I want to compete for Super Bowls, not win regular season football games against the dregs of the league.

Brady's not a running quarterback. You need to study up on pocket QB vs running QB.
I'll gladly take a passing QB who can run, I won't take a running QB who can't pass.

You seemingly can't tell the difference.

Read what I wrote about Lamar before the 2018 draft, he was off my board as a rookie unless he was willing to play another position.
Holy ****! You got that one wrong! Imagine a unanimous NFL MVP QB being asked to play another position because "he sucks at QB"!?! LMFAO

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back