PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Brady injure his knee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd worry more about a serious family issue. Him missing practice is significant and I feel like the mention of cancer during the preseason and his radio interview with CBS during his suspension could mean there's something going on there.

What mention of cancer during the preseason? And what was said on the radio interview?

I've been stuffing my face, with my family all day, watching football. I haven't had time to read all post in this thread. This is my take. : Brady got dinged up a little. TB earned a few days off for the holiday anyway, I mean he's Brady. It's the Jest . BB likes to mess with them. TB will be back Friday. He will play like he always does Sunday. However, I never overlook the Jest. We will probably win, but it's never a given. Especially with this up and down defense. Just my take.

I'd worry more about a serious family issue. Him missing practice is significant and I feel like the mention of cancer during the preseason and his radio interview with CBS during his suspension could mean there's something going on there. Hopefully that's not the case, but that was the first thing that came to mind, not his knee, when I saw he missed these sessions.
I saw his facebook post, of making cookies with his kid. Didn't look like that situation. Via Facebook, Tom Brady wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving

Seeing as the reference seemed to be specific to breast cancer (therefore: wife, sisters, or mother) and that Gisele being such a public figure herself that it would already be out there if it was her, it would seem best to let this possible aspect of his absence just to go away (from discussion) for privacy concerns of nonpublic folks.

For those wondering, the relevant part of the article @Ian referred to is below. And yeah, IMHO it's pretty hard to interpret that in any way other than that someone in Brady's family has cancer.

“Tom, on a very serious matter, this is now Breast Cancer Awareness month, the NFL does it’s part, you’ll see a lot of pink this coming month, and I know this is touching home very closely to you now,” said Gray to Brady during his interview with the quarterback Monday night.”

“Yeah, it is,” said Brady. “We’re all touched by it in one form or another. Everybody has different challenging experiences. I’ve dealt with it in my own family and [I’m] dealing with it now. It’s a great cause, great that the NFL recognizes this. Hopefully, it brings a lot of awareness and raises a lot of money to do a lot of great things.”

Brady missed two-straight practices back in August, with the two absences being excused by the team where he told reporters he “had to take care of something”, but the topic wasn’t discussed. The mention by Gray potentially explains why he might have been away from the team, something that is certainly very unusual for a player who is one of the first ones in as well as among the last to leave.

While Brady deflected the topic, Gray must be aware of whatever the situation is that caused him to try discussing it with him, and offered up his well-wishes to Brady and his family.

“Tom, our hearts go out and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and all of those who are suffering with this disease,” said Gray.

Seeing as the reference seemed to be specific to breast cancer (therefore: wife, sisters, or mother) and that Gisele being such a public figure herself that it would already be out there if it was her, it would seem best to let this possible aspect of his absence just to go away (from discussion) for privacy concerns of nonpublic folks.
I don't think it's Gisele, I was thinking possibly his mom, given his references in another interview I recall hearing.

I don't think it's Gisele, I was thinking possibly his mom, given his references in another interview I recall hearing.

Or perhaps one of his sisters. He has three of them, IIRC.

As someone who lost a sister to cancer a few years back, it's something that's always on my mind. Regardless, I wish him and his family well, and that whatever is going on, it ends on a positive outcome.

I saw that too. Like I said, hopefully everything is ok. He just normally never misses two straight days, so it's definitely a bit unusual.
Good point. It is unusual for him. It's very likely he could be dealing with a tragic situation and spending time with his family. He doesn't look overly happy in his facebook photo. Lets hope all is well. ...On a side note, have you ever noticed, when he shows pics of his kids, you never quite get to see their faces. Smart parents. :)

Can Goodell suspend Brady for being generally aware that someone in Tom's family has cancer?

Normally I say "you're completely off your rocker,Joker.." but after the past two years of Kafkaesque nightmarescapes generated by the Goondell, I rule out NOTHING.

Really hope things are as well as they can be for Brady and his family/friends and that everything works out.

On a lighter note..agree with the above post. Or maybe could try Mingo and see if he provides some value. He can't be much worse than some of the fellow LSU guys who have been around in recent years that played QB. :D

Seeing as he was listed on the "injury report" as "did not practice/out" and "knee"

I'm not exactly sure what your word-theatrics of playing Nostradamus are supposed to mean. Of course his knee is injured, and any injury to the GOAT could be a problem. What exactly is the "theory" part of your post?
(Sigh) Reports make no reference to specific hits(s)/incident(s); and playing through an injury may not be adviseable; and how team would respond to an absence is a relevant topic.
I'd worry more about a serious family issue. Him missing practice is significant and I feel like the mention of cancer during the preseason and his radio interview with CBS during his suspension could mean there's something going on there. Hopefully that's not the case, but that was the first thing that came to mind, not his knee, when I saw he missed these sessions.
Hoping for the best, and hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, thanks Ian

Don't understand the angst. It was a quad not a knee. As one who's had numerous quad bruises playing hoops- they are painful and can limit your mobility- but they're not serious. Lot heat/ice, rest etc. They always improve after a few days. Of course TB will play.

He's also going to be Dos Equis' "Most interesting man in the world" when he retires :D

And He won't even need a scraggly beard or accent
He was passed on by nearly every team in football, until he was finally drafted in the sixth round.

He unselfishly does everything he can to support and help his team win, without individual fanfare.

He remains sharply focused on his role and responsibility, despite distractions and poor choices by his owner.

He is the single biggest reason the New England Patriots win championships.

He is, the greatest quarterback, in the world.

I don't always play football; but when I do, I play for the Patriots.
th
Stay thirsty, my friends

Last edited:
What mention of cancer during the preseason? And what was said on the radio interview?
Nobody ever tells me anything!

BTW, saw yesterday's lineup of NFL games. Recognized all six logos.

...just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back