PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Bill just question the toughness of this year's team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questioning toughness is meaningless. Cutting a nonperforming player makes
an impression but you need to have suitable replacements. This team is paper
thin at most positions and getting thinner.

Don't know why I get this vague feeling, is the current team even really buying in to "Do Your Job" mantra anymore ? Did the super bowl benching of MB is the proverbial last straw that broke the team's back ? or is it due to lack to leadership material in the O and D ? interesting times

the talent level we have in this team is an eye opener when you see other games

or...

The Grim!

9xn6UNtl4KIC30GWJSUSWWUz9cgaTb4HuG9JMxxi7jM4HDIuh6mk7zcgPLikVD7l0A=w2247-h1264

Is that your Curly Haired Boyfriend?

BB needs to call out the Patriots GM for loading up the roster with a bunch of soft and past their prime players.;)

I should have read this before I posted.

What do you expect when there is no swagger?

Flores does not make me want to forget Patricia I can tell you that. Houston, the Pats attacked them like hell. Last 2 games the Pats were just trying to stop the bleeding.

Bruschi is right. The tackling sucks.

I have a fairly unconventional idea to fix this thing.

We all know the two 2nd round picks in the coming draft are going to be used to overdraft high character/low talent DB's, so why not this approach:

We offer a trade proposal to swap rosters with the Miami Dolphins....every player outside of QB and TE, and we offer them our 2nd round picks for the next 5 years as the bait to get it done. This trade proposal accomplishes multiple things at once...depletes the talent level of a division rival, increases our talent level, eliminates the frustration on draft day when we draft a DB in the 2nd round who everybody knows is going to contribute nothing. We may have to work out some cap kinks here, but it will sure beat having to watch the least athletic team in the NFL every weekend.

I have a fairly unconventional idea to fix this thing.

We all know the two 2nd round picks in the coming draft are going to be used to overdraft high character/low talent DB's, so why not this approach:

We offer a trade proposal to swap rosters with the Miami Dolphins....every player outside of QB and TE, and we offer them our 2nd round picks for the next 5 years as the bait to get it done. This trade proposal accomplishes multiple things at once...depletes the talent level of a division rival, increases our talent level, eliminates the frustration on draft day when we draft a DB in the 2nd round who everybody knows is going to contribute nothing. We may have to work out some cap kinks here, but it will sure beat having to watch the least athletic team in the NFL every weekend.
Nice effort...J C, so this is the depth to which this once-exalted board has sunk...

Honestly, Bill Belichick and Scar are old school coaches. They are probably calling all of them a bunch of ****sies as we speak. I would not doubt if Scar goes to each of the lineman's home to wake them up and make sure they don't pee sitting down. Really. These are not two men that are going to question a mans toughness through the media. They probably do it every second of every hour in every day of practice.

The likelihood this team will be largely "tough" by season's end is almost 100%. Also, the likelihood they will be playing as good as they can is high. But insufficient capability + injuries + the competition level + a sprinkling of the whims of the football gods = how capable and tough, by season's end, the Patriots will be when stacked against top competition.

It may seem like the Patriots were, for around 15 years, world beaters week in and week out, and these past 2 ugly losses are pointing to a new reality -- but more than likely it only seems that way. Consider, 1. compared to the drubbing the Chiefs gave us several years back (the Patriots were friggin trounced! by KC) the last 2 games are comparatively just a bit off. 2. Take a look at 2013's defense for what can be accomplished with smoke and mirrors.

The season is 16 games and the Patriots (and plenty of other teams over the years) find their footing as the season progresses. It currently is September so the only thing decided is within the *********** of Sports Media.

We know the last 2 Patriot championship teams were extremely tough. They wouldn't have won if they were anything less.

And from an optimistic perspective, a lot of people were questioning both of those teams' toughness early in the season. According to Mike Lombardi that was a major catalyst of the Collins trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back