PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dice K begins where he left off.

Dice K is absolutely getting screwed on calls and I'm going to say it's because he's Japanese. Yes I said it!!!!

Well, it looks like Frankie was right. Daisuke only got ten wins by the All-Star break, not twelve.

Wait, he said Daisuke wouldn't win twelve all season? *snicker*

Dice-K is amazing. How a guy who walks nearly 5/game and still has a 2.65 ERA is beyond me. Opponents are 0 for 11 with the bases loaded against him this year, and his BAA is .202. I believe the Sox are 14-2 in his starts this season.

And at the break, with 67 games left, and with the best home record in baseball, THE SOX ARE BACK IN FIRST!

Dice-K is amazing. How a guy who walks nearly 5/game and still has a 2.65 ERA is beyond me. Opponents are 0 for 11 with the bases loaded against him this year, and his BAA is .202. I believe the Sox are 14-2 in his starts this season.

One run allowed in his last three starts combined. One. And he only got a single win out of the three! Any run support whatsoever and he'd be sitting on twelve wins right now.

7/22-Dice-K's string of 24 1/3 scoreless innings since July 2 ended when the Mariners scored 2 in the eighth in a 4-2 Red Sox win. Dice-K is now 5-0 with a 2.20 ERA on the road. Overall record: 11-1. He has been on the 15 day disabled list and missed two other starts due to illness.

Oh, snap! By August 3rd, to boot!

Dice K sucks. He begins right where he left off last year. Hitting batters, walks, leaving pitches in the power zone, and absolutely no control. This guy flat out sucks and is the most overrated player to ever come into MLB. This guy wont win 12 games this year. I love watching him embarress himself in his home town. Love it.

Just in case anyone had forgotten the original post.. Frankie was right.. Dice won't win 12 games.. He's already 13-2 and it's August 9th.. Good call, Frankie.. :singing:

8/14-DM wins 14th with 5 hit, 7 inniing shutout over Rangers. Now 14-2. I don't want to jinx him, but with 9-10 more starts, he has a fair chance to win 20.

8/19 Typical DM night. Walks 5, strikes out 6, in 5 inning 7-2 victory. Now 15-2.

Dice K sucks. He begins right where he left off last year. Hitting batters, walks, leaving pitches in the power zone, and absolutely no control. This guy flat out sucks and is the most overrated player to ever come into MLB. This guy wont win 12 games this year. I love watching him embarress himself in his home town. Love it.

DiceK is only 15-2 this year with a sub 3 ERA and one of the Red Sox best pitchers. With Beckett down, DiceK is pretty much our ace now. So enjoy your large helping of crow.

Last edited:
It must kill frankie that DiceK, the Japanese guy, is doing so well.

I would consider Lester our Ace while Beckett is out not Dice K.

8/29 DM pitches 2 hitter over 8 innings, shutting out White Sox 8-0. Now 16-2. How do you say ACE in Japanese?

I'll quit boring you with stats, but YTD Daisuke has an an ERA of .282, BAA .211, the Sox have won 20 of his 24 starts, including 9 of his last 10 (Source: ESPN).

Yeah, that's a tough call, Lester vs. Dice.. I think Lester is more clutch in big games.. I haven't researched that, just my gut feeling.. He does well against the Yanks, and the few clunkers he's put up this year seem to be against the lesser teams.. Dice has had some great games, but he hasn't been as consistent as Jon..

Frankie sighting in the Fantasy Football forum. haha

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back