Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Pats sign Dez?

• Yes, anything would be an upgrade (and maybe folks will STFU about AB cuz that ship done sailed)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • No, he was toast before his last injury

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Kick the tires and see what’s left in the tank, what’s the risk

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • RLK2G

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • AHK4G

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know why people get so bent out of shape over this "we" business. I think a lot people bring it up just to be part of the clever cool people. The entire point of being a fan is to emotionally invest in a team. "We" is expressing solidarity and ownership. It's not trying to take credit for the actual on field exploits of the team.

Agreed. When I use the term “we” I’m meaning that as a fan, your up to your neck in it. Not aloof from the agony of defeat

**** that. "we" are the part of the team that buys tickets, travels to home and away games, who pay for cable/satellite tv, who buy jerseys, shirts, hats, and those awesomely stupid foam fingers for our kids, who show up at parades, who show up at the airport when there isnt going to be a parade... so yes ... WE
Keep telling you yourself that. Until you’re making personnel decisions, coaching or a player, you’re not part of the team. You’re just a fan.

Companies pay millions of dollars to get their customers to say “we”.

This is like saying you can't say "we won the election" when your party wins, because you weren't the candidate. It's just silly and a way to look down on others.
I get what you’re saying as the candidate is doing all the work by “shaking hands and kissing babies” but they live and die by your vote. They also want you to spread the word/work for them and encourage more people to vote for the them so the “we” does apply there.

I get what you’re saying as the candidate is doing all the work by “shaking hands and kissing babies” but they live and die by your vote. They also want you to spread the word/work for them and encourage more people to vote for the them so the “we” does apply there.

How does the same not apply for fans and teams ?

The teams live off big tv contracts, merch deals and whatnot. Without fans there is none of that.

Sign him only if you want to see Brady's blood pressure skyrocket. Even a smart player like Gordon could not take the load past slants and go routes. I wonder what Dez can do in the system.

Who cares whether it’s we or not, WE need to sign Dez. Obviously screwed without him

Patriots passed on this Dez Bryant guy multiple times for a reason. Now that he's washed up and out of football, we want to sign him, why?

I'd rather Kraft backtrack and take back atomic explosion AB then sign Bryant. At least AB can make plays in this offense. But most likely AB looks blacklisted by the NFL for the whole season. Dude needs to take anger management classes. He has serious issues.

Sports franchises also live and die by the dollars you give them. It’s ironic that people saying “we” doesn’t apply to fans are even on message boards.

Keep telling you yourself that. Until you’re making personnel decisions, coaching or a player, you’re not part of the team. You’re just a fan.

lol ... "just a fan"? no. I am a lot more than that. Sad that you can't see beyond the logical "mr spock" answer.

You must be a ball of fun at a party :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back