PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dez Bryant indicates he'll be returning to NFL 'soon'

I do not like Bryant, however, I’d say not one word if he were to come here.
I’m guessing that you’d find a few colorful adjectives the first time Brady needed to burn a timeout because he lined up in the wrong place.

I can’t imagine that his conditioning would be on par with what we need here either, considering that he last played football in December/maybe early January, but that’s obviously just speculation.

A 10% difference matters.

Cordarelle Patterson, Randall Cobb, and Adam Humphries had a catch rate about 10 percentage points above Julio Jones, Adam Thielen, and Antonio Brown last season.

You can't judge catch rate in a bubble, players who are regularly targeted farther down the field have lower catch rates because the passes thrown to them are necessarily completed at a lower rate. It's no surprise that the highest catch rates belong to running backs and tight ends. Bryant, meanwhile, has traditionally been a downfield player.

You think that 10 completions per 100 passes is irrelevant? Please show me the 55% completion QB who is as effective as the 65% qb.
10% is an enormous difference.

10 passes and 5 receptions = 50%
10 passes and 6 receptions = 60%

1 additional reception per 10 passes stands between 50% and 60%. Splitting peas is not my thing.

Cordarelle Patterson, Randall Cobb, and Adam Humphries had a catch rate about 10 percentage points above Julio Jones, Adam Thielen, and Antonio Brown last season.

You can't judge catch rate in a bubble, players who are regularly targeted farther down the field have lower catch rates because the passes thrown to them are necessarily completed at a lower rate. It's no surprise that the highest catch rates belong to running backs and tight ends. Bryant, meanwhile, has traditionally been a downfield player.
I never said it was. I said saying Bryant catch rate is no worse than Hogan’s is incorrect.

10 passes and 5 receptions = 50%
10 passes and 6 receptions = 60%

1 additional reception per 10 passes stands between 50% and 60%. Splitting peas is not my thing.
In fact it is because you are the one who brought up catch rate and said there was no difference. 6 vs 5 is 20% more.

I’m guessing that you’d find a few colorful adjectives the first time Brady needed to burn a timeout because he lined up in the wrong place.

I can’t imagine that his conditioning would be on par with what we need here either, considering that he last played football in December/maybe early January, but that’s obviously just speculation.

Yes, the minute he would become a bone head, I’d start yelling. The only reason I said this about him is of our dire need of receiving

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back