PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devonta Freeman: We can do whatever we want against NE Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mankins played with a torn ACL in the other Giants disaster-bowl. He wrote that article the day after the Super Bowl, so not sure what your point is.

I'm still bitter.
You're right, they all blur into one nightmarish mess.

As to Simmons quote, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. No one complains if they beat the Giants.

After Brady's idiocy in 2007 it's good to hear it the other way and think about how that could really be a matter of pride for our defense.

After all these years of watching Brady, that smug laugh was one of his rare mistakes during an interview. He also said that he hated the Jets on radio once and that got some play. Other than that the kid has been rock solid every time I've seen or heard him speak. He's the nearest we've had to Bobby Orr in a combination of ability and class.

Last edited:
I think Brady made another mistake that 2007 Superbowl, and it goes to an ankle/foot injury. He was seen a week before the game down in New York with a boot on his foot - giving away that he had an injury, and the Giants D took advantage. I remember just being pissed that he was in NYC dancing or whatever when he should have been home studying film or whatever. Don't think he makes those kind of mistakes these days - he's all business.

I also attribute a mistake by Brady to the other Giants loss - and that's the safety to start the game (which in a sense spotted the Giants 9 points to start the game, as the D that held the G-men to 3 and out then had to unexpectedly come back out).

But what I really wanted to mention was Belichick's underrated D, which I was introduced to in 1994 in Bledsoe's first playoff game when the Browns (coached by BB) beat us in an ugly game. I just remember how frustrated I got in that we couldn't do anything. He did it again in 1999 when he was DC of the Jets and started our second half slide (after going 6-2) that led to an ignominius 8-8 ending and the sack for Pete Carroll. Every defense after that played Bledsoe the same way until he finally left the league.

Belichick is good, and he analyses you and takes away things you take for granted. Not sure if Atlanta has played against someone like him, but he can be very frustrating for an opposing offense, who often after the loss insist they were still the best team.

So they dismiss Belichick and that defense at their peril.

"The only team that can beat us is us" - Freeman

That's weird. The standings say you lost to 5 other teams already this year. Maybe he's referring to the eye ball test or something

How about Freeman using SB week to demand to be paid like a top RB? Guy just finished his 2nd season and has 2 years left and he is demanding a new contract days before the Falcons play the biggest game in their history.

Falcons team is very ****y about this game

Except Aaron Rodgers ain't Tom Brady pal.

First time affair is beginning to shine through for Atlanta. The more I look at what's presenting, the more I'm beginning to sniff a Patriots blowout. That confidence makes me feel uneasy.

2 themes shaping up in the lead in to the game. First the Atlanta offense is an invincible force that the Pats will be lucky to hold under 40. Second the Atlanta defense is sooo fast and the Pats receivers are sooo "white". Disrespect all around. The Patriots are on a mission in this one. They are going to be cold-blooded killers.

2 themes shaping up in the lead in to the game. First the Atlanta offense is an invincible force that the Pats will be lucky to hold under 40. Second the Atlanta defense is sooo fast and the Pats receivers are sooo "white". Disrespect all around. The Patriots are on a mission in this one. They are going to be cold-blooded killers.

Its wishful bliss. Atlanta is statistically a hair better offensively and their defense is as bad as any that has ever played in a SB. Yet its all about how is NE's defense going to slow down the Falcons. No one asks how are the Falcons going to stop NE.

Just as in this thread, how do we stop their running backs out of the backfield yet Atlanta is 22nd in stopping RB's between run and Pass NE is 6th. But hey whatever, it is fun to read the Falcons board though.

How about Freeman using SB week to demand to be paid like a top RB? Guy just finished his 2nd season and has 2 years left and he is demanding a new contract days before the Falcons play the biggest game in their history.
Actually, he just finished his 3rd season and currently has one year left. He was drafted in 2014, which was his first year in the league. Pretty sure if he had just completed his 2nd year he wouldn't even be able to discuss a contract extension, per CBA rules.

I don't have any issue with a guy who's scored 27 TD's in the past two years wanting a new deal, but as you point out, he couldn't have possibly chosen a worse time to do so. Really shows poor judgement.

After all these years of watching Brady, that smug laugh was one of his rare mistakes during an interview. He also said that he hated the Jets on radio once and that got some play. Other than that the kid has been rock solid every time I've seen or heard him speak. He's the nearest we've had to Bobby Orr in a combination of ability and class.
Brady was younger and was on cloud nine sitting at 18-0 and on route for 19-0 and a 4th ring. I think Brady caught the ****y bug there. Though, we all make mistakes.

Its wishful bliss. Atlanta is statistically a hair better offensively and their defense is as bad as any that has ever played in a SB. Yet its all about how is NE's defense going to slow down the Falcons. No one asks how are the Falcons going to stop NE.

Just as in this thread, how do we stop their running backs out of the backfield yet Atlanta is 22nd in stopping RB's between run and Pass NE is 6th. But hey whatever, it is fun to read the Falcons board though.

This was the same kinda bs talk going on the week leading up to the Pittsburgh game. All the talk was how can NE's defense slow down Pitts offense and looked what happen.

lol

Brady was younger and was on cloud nine sitting at 18-0 and on route for 19-0 and a 4th ring. I think Brady caught the ****y bug there. Though, we all make mistakes.

It's just uncanny how few of those type of mistakes that Brady has made in 17 years, especially considering the crap he has to listened to from the mediots. Case in point. I just had the radio on and some dipstick was mocking Brady for crying when he mentioned his father being his hero.

I would never put Malcolm glued to Julio, he can shut down Gabriel. My plan A would be: Ryan + McCourty on Julio and Rowe x Sanu.
Flip that. Rowe and DMac on Julio, Ryan on his old roomie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes