PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

Money grabs are also known as the only available resource for women whose professional lives/reputations were damaged by a sexual predator. He may or may not have broken any actual laws yet that's irrelevant to a civil suit.

It makes my stomach turn that this scumbag tries to paint them as money hungry after using his money and fame to prey on them.

In the end, though, this is just another leverage play. A settlement will come.

How is it a settlement play when they have witnesses?

So you’re declaring him guilty?

This isn't a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard and it isn't about a crime. He's absolutely guilty of behavior that a reasonable person would know would result in damages, and that's not even getting into the idea that this may have been a very intentional malicious form of infliction. Women made him aware of this. It's now acknolwedged that he selected women from Instagram and then tried to pressure them (some successfully) into sexual services. What other information is pertinent? Maybe just the specific damages for each woman based on potential mitigating factors.

How is it a settlement play when they have witnesses?

The women? They'll settle because, unlike Watson, their attorney fees will add up and make a big difference, and they'll want to just move on from this.

This isn't a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard and it isn't about a crime. He's absolutely guilty of behavior that a reasonable person would know would result in damages, and that's not even getting into the idea that this may have been a very intentional malicious form of infliction. Women made him aware of this. It's now acknolwedged that he selected women from Instagram and then tried to pressure them (some successfully) into sexual services. What other information is pertinent? Maybe just the specific damages for each woman based on potential mitigating factors.

Dude i know it’s civil but you need to prove it beyond a doubt. Not a he said she said.

The women? They'll settle because, unlike Watson, their attorney fees will add up and make a big difference, and they'll want to just move on from this.

You crazy. I don’t think watson and his lawyers will settle but we shall see. I think he wants to clear his name. Settling will make him guilty. They want these women to drop the lawsuit.

Dude i know it’s civil but you need to prove it beyond a doubt. Not a he said she said.

No, you don't. Civil suits have a lower standard of proof and the actual offenses are broadly based on precedent and damages rather than a specific criminal code.

You crazy. I don’t think watson and his lawyers will settle but we shall see. They want these women to drop the lawsuit.

They want the women to drop the suit - sure - but there's no way Watson is going to turn over all of his personal messages and communications for public consumption, and there's no way he's going on the stand to talk at length about his **** and what he did with it on dozens of occassions.

Watson is hoping some of the women will withdraw in fear that this will drag out for years, they'll get almost nothing in the end, and they'll be dragged through the mud publicly.

No, you don't. Civil suits have a lower standard of proof and the actual offenses are broadly based on precedent and damages rather than a specific criminal code.

They want the women to drop the suit - sure.- but there's no way Watson is going to turn over all of his personal messages and communications for public consumption, and there's no way he's going on the stand to talk at length about his **** and what he did with it on dozens of occassions.

Not really dude. They claim 5 of them when back to working with Watson after they claim they felt uncomfortable. They have other stuff as well. Again a settlement means guilty! If i am innocent i am not settling. That’s a win for the prosecution.

They want the women to drop the suit - sure - but there's no way Watson is going to turn over all of his personal messages and communications for public consumption, and there's no way he's going on the stand to talk at length about his **** and what he did with it on dozens of occassions.

Watson is hoping some of the women will withdraw in fear that this will drag out for years, they'll get almost nothing in the end, and they'll be dragged through the mud publicly.

In fear? So you think they’re telling the truth? The lawyer for Watson wanted their names out there in the open.

If Watson settles it means he’s guilty. That’s how i am gonna see it and so will the rest of the nfl world and any team would be dumb to trade for a guy like that. That’s how i see it. Idk whose telling the truth but i hope it goes all the way and no settlements.

Not really dude. They claim 5 of them when back to working with Watson after they claim they felt uncomfortable. They have other stuff as well. Again a settlement means guilty! If i am innocent i am not settling. That’s a win for the prosecution.
Just because some of the women might be lying, doesn't mean all of them are. Which is terrible because false accusations make legitimate accusations more difficult.

Most likely the game plan is to get some of the women discredited, then settle quietly with a statement of misunderstandings and being more vigilant going forward.

Ultimately, I think he ends up being suspended for this year, because he is at the very least guilty of illegal prostitution, not a great look for the NFL. No prosecutor will go after that because it's not worth it.

Next year he will be playing and after a few years of good behavior he will start to get some his sponsors back.

You really need to stop posting nonsense in this thread. Get some clue as to how this works. In a civil trial, there is no need to "prove it beyond a doubt". That's the standard for a criminal case. The general standard for a civil case is "preponderance of the evidence".

Also, in a civil case, a settlement is generally not an admission of guilt.

Also, filing a document which is clearly designed to play to the public as much as, if not more than, the judge is not a guarantee that there will be no settlement. It's just a PR move.

If you're 51% sure that the guy is guilty, then you must convict him. That's precisely how civil court works.

Last edited:
You really need to stop posting nonsense in this thread. Get some clue as to how this works. In a civil trial, there is no need to "prove it beyond a doubt". That's the standard for a criminal case. The general standard for a civil case is "preponderance of the evidence".

Also, filing a document which is clearly designed to play to the public as much as, if not more than, the judge is not a guarantee that there will be no settlement. It's just a PR move.

Dude how about if the defense comes out with eyewitness?

If Watson settles it means he’s guilty. That’s how i am gonna see it and so will the rest of the nfl world and any team would be dumb to trade for a guy like that. That’s how i see it. Idk whose telling the truth but i hope it goes all the way and no settlements.

this is not even close to being true

If you're 51% sure that the guy is guility, then you must convict him. That's precisely how civil court works.

Which is why everyone abuses the court system in this country. It’s very flawed. It doesn’t have to be 51 percent.

If 5 of those women went back after they allegedly felt uncomfortable will the jury believe them as well?

If 5 of those women went back after they allegedly felt uncomfortable will the jury believe them as well?
That's for the jury to decide. It has no bearing on what I posted. Again, you seem to have no idea what the hell you're talking about, so either get educated or stop posting.

That's for the jury to decide. It has no bearing on what I posted. Again, you seem to have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

That’s my point dude. It’s who they believe. Some of those women have been thrown under the bus by family members and friends. We shall see what happens. It’s 22 lawsuits but we don’t know how much evidence the prosecution has.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back