PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Could end up back in Denver" really means nothing. He could end up anywhere. He could retire. He could get a surprise inheritance from an uncle he never knew existed and buy the Patriots from Robert Kraft.
It’s certainly one of the more interesting roster situations to keep an eye on. We can assume that they won’t be keeping 7 WRs on the roster, so I can appreciate the idea of wanting to protect some future assets that seem to have potential.

We may have a bit of a different opinion in terms of what he can still do

This certainly is the great unknown variable in the DT discussions and particularly this thread. As fans on the outside, we have very little by which to base this on, and I don’t know how much the team has to base this on either, considering his full recovery will not be for awhile.

The only point I’m trying to make is that the bar for “what he can still do” is much higher than it was when they signed him. What the team was realistically hoping for before (his ability level at this point as weighed against his contract, re-injury risk, and potential decline) may no longer be enough to make this WR cut when you consider they feel very good about Harry and Meyers, the first time in a very long time when there’s been this much optimism about rookies; Dorsett appears to have finally gained Brady’s full trust.

I doubt they anticipated having five roster-worthy receivers when they signed him in April, as back then it was just Edelman and Dorsett. Interesting to note Thomas was also seen as a needed bigger receiver at the time of signing whereas Harry is 6’4” and Meyers is 6’2”. Although not solid, just a bonus Gordon is 6’3”. If Thomas isn’t a deep threat (that would be unlikely at the point in his career), and doesn’t have unique size or athleticism, I see him as more redundant than standout.

I loved it when the GOAT threw shade at Harbawl for this, DaBronx. :)

Didn't see that coming. I also thought Meyers was the annual camp mirage and Berrios was making the team.

Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports reports the Broncos have interest in reuniting with free agent WR Demaryius Thomas.

Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports reports the Broncos have interest in reuniting with free agent WR Demaryius Thomas.
What in the Fuk.
Come on Bill sign him and IR someone.

...man, i had my head cut off suggesting DT was going to be traded in the PS game 4 thread.

now we dont get anything back in return unless there's a handshake deal w him coming back. glad to see the forum is in regular season form

Really hope he comes back. I'm sure the cut is just a formality, we've seen this arrangement happen many times before across the league.

Broncos beat guy/insider

Shocker. More PFT fake news. Going to a team like the Broncos at this point in his career makes absolutely zero sense.

The only question I have is when he returns to the 53 and whether they sweeten the deal for him as a thank you. If he resigns after the Steelers game his salary is not guaranteed. I doubt that Thomas would agree to that situation so I would expect him back either later today or tomorrow. If they are now confident in his recovery and ability to be a big part of their passing attack this year they may increase his guarantee.

Shocker. More PFT fake news. Going to a team like the Broncos at this point in his career makes absolutely zero sense.

The only question I have is when he returns to the 53 and whether they sweeten the deal for him as a thank you. If he resigns after the Steelers game his salary is not guaranteed. I doubt that Thomas would agree to that situation so I would expect him back either later today or tomorrow. If they are now confident in his recovery and ability to be a big part of their passing attack this year they may increase his guarantee.

It wasn't said that Thomas was interested in Denver, only that Denver was interested in Thomas.

I hope he's back. Ben Watson is out for 4-weeks. (Yes I know he is a TE). DT makes a real nice BIG RZ target.

Has anyone reported on the condition of his locker yet? Cleaned out or nah?

They can bring him back at any time and choose to guarantee the contract.

Has anyone reported on the condition of his locker yet? Cleaned out or nah?
He let out a little steam last night before leaving.
a-derelict-messy-old-abandoned-locker-room-at-abm-louth-lincolnshire-BPRK0R.jpg

He let out a little steam last night before leaving.
a-derelict-messy-old-abandoned-locker-room-at-abm-louth-lincolnshire-BPRK0R.jpg
That can't be real locker room of the Patriots, there is not a single Pats logo anywhere. Good try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe