PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demario Douglas is a stud - but will his potential ever surface in New England

Pop is most definitely capable of being LIKE a T. Hill.
He has already shown the ability to get open almost every play, make tough contested catches, make guys miss, create yards...
The only thing he hasn't shown is the deep ball, quick strike potential - but that's because he hasn't gotten the opportunities in this league-worst offense. He IS a guy we should plan to keep long term. Who cares if he's ever called a WR1.

Douglass seems much bulkier than Welker to me.
An inch shorter than Welker, a few pounds more, so yeah, not "too slight". I'm baffled by the folks who see his limit as a #3 receiver - I'm excited every time I see the ball go to him (excited in a good way, not like Mac throwing across the field from his back foot).

Last edited:
An inch shorter than Welker, a few pounds more, so yeah, not "too slight". I'm baffled by the folks who see his limit as a #3 receiver - I'm excited every time I see the ball go to him (excited in a good way, not like Mac throwing across the field from his back foot).
To me it’s the fact that we have already seen success with a Welker-esque route tree. If you put him a role like Welker had he’s going to get open underneath unless you overcommit the coverage which opens up the intermediate area but he can still run those intermediate routes himself too. That’s what made Welker different than a “slot receiver” and allowed the passing game to run through him.

It's been a few weeks and the kid isn't a stud yet, but I'm seeing a very good ability to make tacklers miss that I don't see a lot of in the NYFL. He's a keeper.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back