PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demarcus Ware to sign with Denver? [Update: signs 3-yr, $30m deal w/$20m guaranteed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demarcus Ware to sign with Denver? [Update: signs 3-yr, $30m deal w/$20m guarante

If they win the SB before they have to blow it all up, it'll be worth it.

Re: Demarcus Ware to sign with Denver? [Update: signs 3-yr, $30m deal w/$20m guarante

Knowing how much the league loves Peyton, I'm about to call "Shenanigans!"

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah we're doomed!

My friend whose a huge Bronco fan just said they'll have 60 mil to use in 2015 WTF???

Not after the last two days. But before yesterday, they only had 26 players under contract for 2015. So that number is a little misleading. They will have to sign a lot of players after this year just to field a team. Even with Ware, Talib, and Ward on the roster, they have half a roster.

» Over the Cap- Denver Broncos 2015 Salary Cap and Contracts

Why do people just assume Manning is done after next season? The guy had the most passing yards in history as well as the most TDs in NFL history. He could easily play just as long as Brady does.

Anyway, another good signing by the Broncos. Getting tough to sit here and watch the Broncos improve while the pats stand idly by.

seriously though, this has to put denver at the cap now right?

9.5 for talib, 10 for ware, 6+ for ward.

unless there is some seriously funny math going on they are near the cap or they have pushed so much money to the future that they will need a reprieve from goodell

» Over the Cap- Denver Broncos 2014 Salary Cap and Contracts

If this is correct, the Broncos entered free agency with $27.5 million in cap space.

So far, they've committed $25.5M in 2014 on a good replacement for Champ Bailey, a cornerback with a bad hip who hits the button on his LifeLine pendant when he's fallen and can't get up, and a 32-year-old DE with a bad back, elbow and torn quad muscle.

That leaves $2M to pay their rookies. Was that Mike Tannenbaum sneaking out the back door when the press conference began?

Denver is also about to lose: Ayers, Bailey, Moreno, Holiday, Decker, Beadles, DRC, Phillips, Adams, and Woodyard. Von Miller, Welker, and Julis Thomas all free agents next year.

Moreno really had a break out season last year and made himself some $$$. Prior to the start of the 2014 season, the talk coming out of Denver's training camp was Moreno possibly being cut. Would love to keep KM and Decker but both are replaceable pieces in the big picture of things.

Next year I could see Welker retiring and Denver signing 2 of the 3 (Miller, Thomas and Thomas). Depending on how next season goes, I could honestly see Denver parting ways with Miller. Hoping he returns to 2013 form and matures a bit otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see Elway say "thanks but no thanks" to a big contract with Von...

Prior to the free agency signings, Denver only has about $61 million locked up in salaries next year. That will go up with the recent signings obviously but the cap is also expected to increase to around $145 million in 2015 from what I have read.

IF PM retires after next season that would free up around another $20 million in cap space. The Bronco front office seems sold on Osweiler as Manning's replacement at this point and he will come on the cheap. Miller, Thomas and Thomas are top priority no doubt. I don't see Welker playing past next season.

There will be a drop off no doubt but as to be expected when a team looses a top QB. I don't see Denver being in any worse of a spot or handicapped in the years following PM's retirement due to these signings then would be expected.

That isn't the case anymore. That money is going to be eaten up by the three contracts just signed. I would expect those three to eat up $20 or so million of the cap. So you are up to $80 million or so and need to sign about 25 more players just to field a 53 man roster. So that will eat up another $20-30 million just to get average players for those positions.

Why do people just assume Manning is done after next season? The guy had the most passing yards in history as well as the most TDs in NFL history. He could easily play just as long as Brady does.

Anyway, another good signing by the Broncos. Getting tough to sit here and watch the Broncos improve while the pats stand idly by.

All those yards and TDs majority of them were either YAC and at the 10 yard line or below either way gotta respect the achievement, but his ducks were really obvious and although he's mostly a cerebral QB that beats you with matchup problems at some point Father Time will win and right now Manning has more physical limitations than our TB12

Ware is on the wrong side of 30 with more back problems than Gronk, Ward has coverage limitations and Talib has a hip issue. That's a lot of money spent on questions mark, but gotta respect Elways determination on getting that Superbowl before Manning retires however if Talib and Ware can't be relied upon its going to backfire

lol, if the Patriots signed those three players, posters would be yelling Superbowl from the hilltops. Hell, most posters here were advocating for signing ward and talib. But since they are on the Broncos, they are all poor or questionable signings. Interesting how that works.

Not after the last two days. But before yesterday, they only had 26 players under contract for 2015. So that number is a little misleading. They will have to sign a lot of players after this year just to field a team. Even with Ware, Talib, and Ward on the roster, they have half a roster.

» Over the Cap- Denver Broncos 2015 Salary Cap and Contracts

That makes sense so looks to me that the Broncos better hope the team is healthy otherwise depth will be an issue

Given the Broncos' free agent moves, I suspect Elway has a good sense of that.

lol, if the Patriots signed those three players, posters would be yelling Superbowl from the hilltops. Hell, most posters here were advocating for signing ward and talib. But since they are on the Broncos, they are all poor or questionable signings. Interesting how that works.

They're good players, but the amount of money getting thrown around seems reckless.

Ware was way overpaid. Ward was a steal. Talib is a big gamble.

I know this is screwing over the Donkeys for the future, but I really hope the difference between Brady/Manning winning a ring in 2014 isn't BB the GM.

We really need to make a move at CB soon.

Don't worry guy's. the Patriots are being proactive about improving their team. Why can't some of you guys see that the Hooman and Aiken signing will put us in a position to win our elusive 4th Lombardi trophy. Sure we lost our best corner to the team that wiped the floor with us but Belichick will plug in a Jag and we'll keep chugging along. Shame on anyone who questions this front office. we went to back to back AFC championships. Why can't we be more content about that like the Jets fans who did the same exact thing. Let the other teams take the top end talent in free agency while we will fortify our team with the DRAFT because clearly the other 31 teams wont have access to the same draft. Lets not finally give Brady more room for error because thats been working out for us. In Belichick I blindly trust.:rolleyes:

lol, if the Patriots signed those three players, posters would be yelling Superbowl from the hilltops. Hell, most posters here were advocating for signing ward and talib. But since they are on the Broncos, they are all poor signings. Interesting how that works.

I didn't say they were poor signings just questionable considering the fact how much money was given to them. Questionable in the sense that if it works out Broncos should be the AFC favorite again although I still don't think it'll be enough to handle those monsters in California and Washington, and if they get injured depth will be an issue for the Broncos

As always, the devil's in the details. It's perfectly appropriate for posters who approved of prospective signings to change their minds once the terms are revealed. In that vein, the Ward signing was a good one, and they paid too much for Talib (IOW, I wouldn't want my team to have paid as much/more for him). I also am not very much for bringing on an aging pass rusher for 10+ million a season.

And then of course there's the fact that the Miami Heat model of roster construction doesn't seem to work all that well in the NFL.

» Over the Cap- Denver Broncos 2014 Salary Cap and Contracts

If this is correct, the Broncos entered free agency with $27.5 million in cap space.

So far, they've committed $25.5M in 2014 on a good replacement for Champ Bailey, a cornerback with a bad hip who hits the button on his LifeLine pendant when he's fallen and can't get up, and a 32-year-old DE with a bad back, elbow and torn quad muscle.

That leaves $2M to pay their rookies. Was that Mike Tannenbaum sneaking out the back door when the press conference began?

Those numbers are not accurate. Kuper retired ($5million) and I fully expect Denver to cut some players to free up more $ (Tamme or Dreessen) amongst others.

They are called bloody Football hyprocites plain and simple.:snob:

Shame on anyone who questions this front office. we went to back to back AFC championships. Why can't we be more content about that like the Jets fans who did the same exact thing.

If anything, the Jets thing just proves that the playoffs are a crapshoot and that very often the best team - even a super team - doesn't always win. The 2010 Jets really had no business beating the Patriots. But they did.

You build a team to get to the playoffs. A better team gets better odds in the playoff roulette, but even that's 16 games of injuries away. And then it's still a crapshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back