PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeMarcus Covington new DC

It’s 1 hire so far right? And by all accounts, Covington is deserving.

Now if they promote Troy Brown to OC I’ll worry
Mayo counts as in house. If they bring back McDaniels I would count him too. I'm not gonna complain until I see how it works out but It's eye opening to me and not my preferred way to start our new chapter.

Which is the same amount of coaches that have been confirmed fired.
They're evaluating everyone and everything. I suspect it takes time to transition from someone that ran everything for 24 years to a new leadership. It's only been 2 weeks. Patience grasshopper.

They're evaluating everyone and everything. I suspect it takes time to transition from someone that ran everything for 24 years to a new leadership. It's only been 2 weeks. Patience grasshopper.

All I was saying was I'm glad all our answers to our problems were already on staff.

Bill turned out to he the problem. Not his staff.

I'm curious what happens with the Belichicks. Lazar doesn't seem hopeful by this interesting take.

I think Steve pivoting a bit into a different role is probably good for his career. Just being so strictly X's and O's is limiting. Needs more people-facing opportunity.

Mayo counts as in house. If they bring back McDaniels I would count him too. I'm not gonna complain until I see how it works out but It's eye opening to me and not my preferred way to start our new chapter.

If you're keeping those already on staff or those of have been here the majority of the last 20 years then really it's ridiculous that you fired Bill in the first place

The front office is acting like Bill retired and left management with alot to work with instead of a team that's sitting in the gutter.

All I was saying was I'm glad all our answers to our problems were already on staff.

Bill turned out to he the problem. Not his staff.
Agree but not on the offensive side or ST. I have to believe there's massive TO in those two units.

Steven must be going elsewhere then. Staying would be a demotion.
Wait a minute …..

I was told the other day that “special assistant “ is a promotio; so that can’t be… :evil:

Considering how many people moaned about Bills coaching staff sucking and being one of the problems, it's interesting to see them basically just bring them all back and expecting better results.
It is rather hilarious watching the posters on here that were correct in saying the team sucks and BB should be fired be optimistic that BB has been fired and we're running back the same old shee-ite.

Defense/defensive coaching was not the issue. The interesting part is what we do with offense and GM. That's where I want to see some change/new direction but no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

15th in points, 7th in yards. That's the bar. Assuming you stop throwing pick 6s and have a healthy defense, doing nothing should improve both of those numbers.

Posters saying "Bill should be fired", yet has not problem with Mayo taking his spot, Covington the DC and welcoming McDaniels back. Lol.

It's interesting how many posters are backing Mayo/Covington now when Mayo was becoming an afterthought replacing Bill during this season.

Finally! Coaching staff listens to Pats Fans and does the right thing!

Posters saying "Bill should be fired", yet has not problem with Mayo taking his spot and Covington the DC and welcoming McDaniels back. Lol.
I think both Mayo and Covington promotions will be good. **** McDaniels.

Defense/defensive coaching was not the issue. The interesting part is what we do with offense and GM. That's where I want to see some change/new direction but no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
getting the Belichick's to stay will be an issue

It is rather hilarious watching the posters on here that were correct in saying the team sucks and BB should be fired be optimistic that BB has been fired and we're running back the same old shee-ite.
oh hey @venecol you're exactly one of those people.

I think both Mayo and Covington promotions will be good. **** McDaniels.
I'm just calling out the consistency of posters on here. For a few years, the talk was their coaching staff was small and aren't very good.

Now it's totally cool that Mayo and Covington are still here who are Bill disciples. History has shown us that Bill's assistants don't do well on their own, so not sure why posters are so cool with it now?

I agree that a change was needed, but Bill's influence is still in the building. If you're going to make a change, make a change.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back