PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeMarcus Covington new DC

Worst kept secret in all of football. I’m more curious to see who they bring in as his assistants now. OC is becoming slightly concerning. They really need to hit on that hire. Not only do they need to get a legit OC, but they need to surround him with talented folks so that we can get back to building a pipeline of coaches. QB coaches, Pass game coordinators etc.. Congrats to Covi! I wish him the best of luck in his mew role and may he lead the defense to greatness!!

Worst kept secret in all of football. I’m more curious to see who they bring in as his assistants now. OC is becoming slightly concerning. They really need to hit on that hire. Not only do they need to get a legit OC, but they need to surround him with talented folks so that we can get back to building a pipeline of coaches. QB coaches, Pass game coordinators etc.. Congrats to Covi! I wish him the best of luck in his mew role and may he lead the defense to greatness!!
I am split on if I want McDaniels or someone from outside the organization to be the OC. McDaniels is good but now might be a good time for someone to bring in fresh ideas. Like you said, it is very important for the organization to hire a good staff on both sides of the ball. The OC has been a turnstile the last 3 years which doesn't lead to success or continuity. Best of luck to Covington.

Gotta give kudos to Bill for bringing him on.

Considering how many people moaned about Bills coaching staff sucking and being one of the problems, it's interesting to see them basically just bring them all back and expecting better results.

Maybe look to the other names on the interview list to see who they like enough to talk to. Might give you the direction they want to head in. The need both a DL coach and at least one LB coach, depending on what happens with Steve Belichick.

Good for him ... good coach ... no need for change just to say we did.
If he's the best available for a new direction then so be it.

Considering how many people moaned about Bills coaching staff sucking and being one of the problems, it's interesting to see them basically just bring them all back and expecting better results.
Who all are they bringing back? Covington is the only name announced so far.

Duh. This is about Mayo's coaching staff.
thats two bill brought in and developed. Expect the others on the defense to stay. Least there have been no other rumors out there about it.

Who all are they bringing back? Covington is the only name announced so far.
Yeah I mean at this point Covington is the only confirmed person returning from the 2022 staff under Mayo. I am sure there will be some others, but we'll have to see.

Yeah I mean at this point Covington is the only confirmed person returning from the 2022 staff under Mayo. I am sure there will be some others, but we'll have to see.
I'm curious what happens with the Belichicks. Lazar doesn't seem hopeful by this interesting take.

So happy to see no major changes for the Patriots.

Everything was working as advertised and I'm sure Belichick was the problem and everyone else was held back.
A bit premature since only one coach has been retained/promoted so far.

A bit premature since only one coach has been retained/promoted so far.

Which is the same amount of coaches that have been confirmed fired.

Steven must be going elsewhere then. Staying would be a demotion.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back