PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Del Rio: Radio malfunctions tend to happen in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.

livinginthe past

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Twitter feed from Jags beat reporter

They practiced having communication go out during the scrimmage. Jack Del Rio said that "tends to happen in New England"

Twitter

Linked by Reiss

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Gotta wonder why no-marks like Del Rio think they can tweak someone with Belichicks cache - what is this smack talk before a pre-season game?

Maybe Jack should turn the volume up?

Predictions for next week,

Brady completes 7 out of 7, 94 yards, TD.

Hoyer goes 12 of 14, 150yds, TD.

Mallett goes 5 of 6, 130yds, TD.

3 incompletions against the Jags in a game. That's a lot based on recent Patriot history.

Twitter

Linked by Reiss

Gotta wonder why no-marks like Del Rio think they can tweak someone with Belichicks cache - what is this smack talk before a pre-season game?
Because Del Rio's a jerk-off and always has been. Several years ago after Brady was speared by the Jaguars, Del Rio said afrterwards that he (Brady) "deserved it."

What the hell does that mean? its only a pre-season game not the AFC championship game.

smack talk before a preseason game you got to love it i guess thats why he has not had a winning season in 4 years and only has 3 in he's 8 years as the HC of the jags, can some one please tell me why Del Rio and Marvin Lewis are still head coachs ?

I guess if he can't hope for a winning regular season record, then the next best thing for hatchet boy is a winning pre-season record.

These are the preexcuses for doing a shytty job in Jacksonville..

Last edited:
What's funny is that the NFL is the one who controls the headsets. Not the teams. So Del Rio is really taking a shot at Goodell by saying that..

Del Rio tends to get his butted kicked in New England.

This is nothing new, as he's said it before. In fact, many coaches have intimated this, so I don't think it's smack talk at all for Del Rio. He really is preparing his team for this. Smack talk usually doesn't have his team preparing for whatever it is he's talking about.

Last edited:
Also, pretty sure if one team looses headset communication, the league immediately shuts it off for the other team....

Also, pretty sure if one team looses headset communication, the league immediately shuts it off for the other team....

Correct. That is the rule.

What's funny is that the NFL is the one who controls the headsets. Not the teams. So Del Rio is really taking a shot at Goodell by saying that..

Yeah, and smack talk by a coach before a pre-season game? There's more to this than meets the eye. Then again if someone told my they found the real Jack Del Rio and this guy the last few years was an impostor, I would not be surprised.

(Translation: Maybe he is that stupid.)

Yeah, I remember this idiot crying about that during the whole spygate fiasco. What a dumbass...and hes somebody's head coach!

Well good to see Jacka$$ Delrio hasn't changed. He's still sore a##ed from all the poundings the Pats have given him. If you can't beat em....find out some lame excuse as to why he couldn't get it done. I am shocked this loser is still running things in Jax..unreal....He is doing his best to get the team moved to L.A.!!!!!

Twitter

Linked by Reiss

When you go back to the original tweet from the Jags' reporter in my opinion it is not clear if Del Rio made that comment ("that tends to happen in New England") yesterday, or if she is referring to a comment Del Rio made four years ago.

Twitter/taniaganguli : They practiced having ...

They practiced having communication go out during the scrimmage. Jack Del Rio said that tends to happen in New England #jaguars #patriots

I just asked her to clarify whether or not Del Rio said that yesterday; I'll have to wait and see if she responds.

Last edited:
These are the preexcuses for doing a shytty job in Jacksonville..

Pretty much. I can't believe this guy is still their HC. Word on the street was he would've gotten canned after last season except the team was reluctant to fire a coach with the lockout and possibility of a shortened season coming up. If he's still their coach after this season I'll be surprised.

Coaching malfunctions tend to happen in Jacksonville, as do unsold tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots