PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Del Rio: Radio malfunctions tend to happen in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack has nothing better to talk about .....he could about Rex Ryan's tattoo ..... :p:rocker:

Please remind me if Del Rio has ever beaten the Pats in games played in Jacksonville or New England.

Please remind me if Del Rio has ever beaten the Pats in games played in Jacksonville or New England.

I'd have to check to be sure but IIRC the ONLY time the Jags have ever beaten the Pats period was in the 1998-99 playoffs when they won a wild card game over a Pats team with like 9 starters knocked out by injuries. When Scott Zolak is your starting QB the odds aren't in your favor. (And for the record, the coach back then was Tom Coughlin.)

I hope Del Rio (Hollywood looks and odds-on-bet has never seen the inside of a library) keeps HC job for life with Jaguars.

What a failure of a franchise. I still can't believe the league passed over Baltimore for that crap town.

What was the Patriots road record in 2010?

Del Rio needs to shut the eff up.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a failure of a franchise. I still can't believe the league passed over Baltimore for that crap town.

Given that it's larger than Miami and Tampa Bay combined, and is twice the size of any city in Florida, they kind of had to put a team there.

Given that it's larger than Miami and Tampa Bay combined, and is twice the size of any city in Florida, they kind of had to put a team there.

LA doesn't seem to mind the lack of an NFL franchise all that much. . . .

This is Del Rio's super bowl, folks.

Jacksonville has a large population, yes, but it also has a *huge* land area. By area, it's the largest city in the US (Alaska doesn't count), so while most other NFL cities have large metropolitan areas that also support their teams, Jacksonville... not so much. When you look at it in terms of population density and surrounding metro area, it's not a terrible place to have a team by any means, but it's not the slam dunk that its population alone would seem to indicate. The Jags' well-documented difficulties in selling tickets bears that out.

According to the book From Colts to Ravens, Paul Tagliabozo decided that it was better to go to new markets that had never had a team rather than put new teams in cities that had them and lost them (like St. Louis and Baltimore). Needless to say, that decision bit the league in the arse a few years later.

Yeah right, the city itself might be larger, but the metro area population is tiny. Miami's metro area has something like 5 million while Jacksonville has around 1.5 million.

Tampa has 4 million.

Jacksonville is one of if not the smallest markets in the NFL and the NFL certainly didn't "have" to put a team there. A lot of people said they were crazy for putting one there.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly part of the NFL's decision was based on a population shift from northern states to southern states at that point in time. Places like Pittsburgh and Cleveland were in a steep decline while others like Raleigh and Tampa were experiencing rapid growth. The NFL was most likely assuming that growth pattern would continue in Jacksonville.

I can understand the reasoning for putting a team in Jacksonville at that point in time even though it appears now to have been the incorrect decision.

What the hell does that mean? its only a pre-season game not the AFC championship game.

i guess playing the Pats preseason is as close as they get to that kind of game.

So now BB is a master electrician and communications major screwing with the oppositions radios? When does it stop? When does the rest of the league come to the realization that he is just smarter then they are, and that's the reason he wins? This is getting ridiculous.

So now BB is a master electrician and communications major screwing with the oppositions radios? When does it stop? When does the rest of the league come to the realization that he is just smarter then they are, and that's the reason he wins? This is getting ridiculous.

Because it's easier to charge him with ridiculous allegations than admit to their own shortcomings. I'll never forget how during the Week 2 game against the Chargers in '07, Norv Turner was saying he was going to check the visitors' locker room at Gillette for bugs (i.e. listening devices), like BB was in cahoots with the CIA or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back