PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders on Julian Edelman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Username

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm paraphrasing slightly here, cos it's from my slightly hazy memory from post game but Deion went off on the host when he tried to dismiss Jules as an afterthought....

"Let's call it what it is, flat out reverse racism. He's a top 5 wr in the league but nobody talks about him because he's caucasian. Everyone knows he's the main target but no one has been able to stop him for 7 damn years. No one got an answer for him. He goes deep, he goes across the middle, he throws the ball, he runs the ball, he moves the chains."

Deion and Michael Irvin are my two favorite national football analysts. Neither have any grudges and appreciate the Patriots' success the way any football fan or football analyst should. They know how hard it is to achieve success and give the Pats the credit that they have earned.

Did you ever notice how many "beefs" that Edelman gets into every game?? He is always in somebodys' face.. he is not known for backing down.

He is a tough bastard...

I've always liked Sanders, he was a great talent, but even he would be the first guy to tell you that he wasn't exactly ready to stick his head down and make a tackle. The guy is always upbeat and doesn't trash anyone. And yes, he and Irvin together are good TV

Did you ever notice how many "beefs" that Edelman gets into every game?? He is always in somebodys' face.. he is not known for backing down.

He is a tough bastard...

Definitely a player that fans would hate with a passion unless he was on their team.

Kinda like Kenny "The Rat" Linesman

Definitely a player that fans would hate with a passion unless he was on their team.

Kinda like Kenny "The Rat" Linesman
He is totally in that Claude Lemeiux, Marchand category.

Love "The Rat"!

I'm paraphrasing slightly here, cos it's from my slightly hazy memory from post game but Deion went off on the host when he tried to dismiss Jules as an afterthought....

"Let's call it what it is, flat out reverse racism. He's a top 5 wr in the league but nobody talks about him because he's caucasian. Everyone knows he's the main target but no one has been able to stop him for 7 damn years. No one got an answer for him. He goes deep, he goes across the middle, he throws the ball, he runs the ball, he moves the chains."

Reverse racism is not it.

I think there is a narrow-minded belief that b/c TB12 is so good you can plug any shifty WR in this offense and they can be highly productive.

"Slot receiver."

Reverse racism? No. I thinks that's a stretch, I believe they are going with the fact that over 10 receivers have done more with lesser qbs. We all give Jules the highest praise but he is not a top 5 receiver in this league.

• Agree
Reactions: jah

I suspect that if Edelman had a different skin tone he'd be considered more of an athlete...and more of a "punk" instead of just a "fiery competitor."

You know what I call him, though? A ridiculous bargain. 4 years, $17 million? Seriously?

Reverse racism? No. I thinks that's a stretch, I believe they are going with the fact that over 10 receivers have done more with lesser qbs. We all give Jules the highest praise but he is not a top 5 receiver in this league.

He's really good, especially in big games, but he's really only in the top 10-15 for WRs. We may notice the difference in 2 weeks watching Julio.

Gotta love Deion. The truth is that Edelman is the cog that keeps this offense running. He has been since 2013.

Gronk is a freak of nature and overall one of the top two players on our team but he is more of a massive luxury (if we have another decent/good TE on the roster) compared to Jules who is instrumental to our success.

When we lose Edelman or he is blanketed in coverage, we usually struggle. He has been electric once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back