PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense Is Ready To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There are questions at the end of the roster, with 21 likely active players are ready to go, other than Ninkovich who will be out for awhile. This includes King on ST's.

There is little, if anything, I want to see in the next preseason games, other than no injuries and who will step up at the end of the roster among Humber, Freeney, KGH, R Johnson, Kuhn, Grissom, Roberts, Jones. IMHO, there could be anywhere between 1 and 4 roster spots for these players.

The same way I won't get too down on Jimmy is the same way I won't get too ridiculous over the D. They looked good, but I'm sure there are things they will want to do differently/better. Overall though, I'm very pleased. Collins and Sheard look like they will be monsters. I'm not too concerned about the secondary. And High always brings his A game. There's a lot to smile about, while still tempering some enthusiasm with the understanding that it was only the first preseason game after all.

I do believe the unit has top 5-7 written all over it, with all that said. The front seven looks even more menacing and versatile than it was a year ago. The personnel gives BB and Patricia a lot of mixing-and-matching capability. If guys stay healthy, I don't see the D being any sort of problem for the team no matter the offense they face. They will be able to morph even more than the teams of the early 2000's simply because they have more athleticism mixed in with the intelligence. I'm feeling very good about this unit.

Just have to pray we don't get hit with injuries. A loss to Collins and/or Hightower would be devastating. Butler getting hurt would be as well. I'd even throw Sheard into that category. I think with the depth at Safety, if we lost McCourty we'd be ok with Harmon.

They appear to be deep at corner. We'll see how it looks in Arizona.

It was awesome just seein Pats back in action no matter who suited up. D looked real good, will only get better in time and get Nic back plus who better to steer it than our Coaching Staff. All I ever said/say is lets have a healthy team running on all cylinders and we can take out anyone.

think with the depth at Safety, if we lost McCourty we'd be ok with Harmon.

Go watch the 2nd jests game from last year and see if you still think that.

Both Chung and McCourty missed that game

Anyone hear a time table for Ninkovich?

Just have to pray we don't get hit with injuries. A loss to Collins and/or Hightower would be devastating. Butler getting hurt would be as well. I'd even throw Sheard into that category. I think with the depth at Safety, if we lost McCourty we'd be ok with Harmon.
Most teams are in the same boat.

Go watch the 2nd jests game from last year and see if you still think that.

Both Chung and McCourty missed that game

You mean that we have problems if we lose both our starting safeties? Yup, just like everyone else.

You mean that we have problems if we lose both our starting safeties? Yup, just like everyone else.
I had the same thought when I read the post, but I wasn't going to respond. No disrespect to JM intended.

There are questions at the end of the roster, with 21 likely active players are ready to go, other than Ninkovich who will be out for awhile. This includes King on ST's.

There is little, if anything, I want to see in the next preseason games, other than no injuries and who will step up at the end of the roster among Humber, Freeney, KGH, R Johnson, Kuhn, Grissom, Roberts, Jones. IMHO, there could be anywhere between 1 and 4 roster spots for these players.

Well, look who's back. Did you get permission from someone for that long vacation ?

How about one of your famous lists to make this conversation even more specific?

Oh, and Collins looks bigger. Anyone hear anything about him putting on weight?

That was my original thought when I heard about his injury. Hopefully he will heal and be ready to go sooner than later.
That was ambitious considering most people felt it was season ending.:p

That was ambitious considering most people felt it was season ending.

Yea when you hear "tricep tear" every time I've heard of it, it was a season-ender. As some of us have learned, there are levels of severity. If the tendon is torn from the bone, thats a killer. If its a muscle tear - like Nink's, then there is cause for optimism to make it back in a few weeks.

It's all about injuries. We have the best team in the NFL when everyone is healthy. In 2014 there were only two significant injuries (Mayo and Ridley) and we won it all.

Last year we were devastated by injuries. Certainly without them we would have had home field advantage and then you gotta figure between that and a healthy O-line, we would have easily beaten Denver in the AFC finals.

Injuries are the only thing separating this team from trophy #5, I truly believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down