PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill - Thanks for Giving Away the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

That little kid are all the people defending bill blindly,

she thinks shes holding an apple, shes been told its an onion, shes going to eat it anyways

Yikes! reading that someone might conclude the game was thrown deliberately.
Possible motives: Revenge against Kraft and Brady for forcing the Jimmy G trade. Bonus: revenge against Butler for ingratitude by looking for big payday. Parlay rules infraction into public humiliation affecting next contract.
Lesson to all: Don't cross Bill Bellichick

Conspiracy motive: NFL ratings in free fall. Fans suffering Patriot fatigue leaving in droves. Goodell gives ultimatum to Kraft --for the good of the league, lose this one or else he would hate to manufacture another Patriots scandal.

It may just be Bellichicks anal rules obsession as we saw Welker benching potentially affect playoff game. Bellichick strikes fear with shock moves like Lawyer Malloy and Jamie Collins banishment. Bellichick rules by fear.

It was so bad that if this were soccer there would be many allegations of match-fixing.

You're misunderstanding what they are saying. The point is that over the course of the game they were in a worst case scenario where they couldn't get a stop and they didn't bother to see if playing one of their best corners would have alleviated the situation. They were in a position where they had nothing to lose by trying him out a few plays. They didn't.

Because for whatever reason(s) they lost complete confidence and trust in his ability to make a play. Maybe he said FU to BB Jr and said hes just going to freelance. Thats a rumor banding about....

Which begs the question, why even have him there?

Might have been a timing issue. Friday, Saturday...Maybe all hell broke loose during the walk through and it was too late by then. I don't know

Butler didn't play. Bill made that decision, not Butler. So no.

He plays one snap on special teams. That's a slap on the face. The guy starts crying. If BB wanted to make an example out of him he clearly did. He had every chance as well to put him in the game in the second half but chooses not to. The guy's about as ruthless as they come. Hightower better watch his back after liking the comment that browner made. I don't think butler deserved all that even if he did act like a clown.

Drew Brees says hi! He's led a lot of good offenses to 7-9 records because of a bad defense.
he/they are and have been light years behind Brady and Pats O, and they don't play in a dumpster fires division and conference

He broke agreed upon rules making himself exempt

Well BB should stop saying he did what's best for the team because he clearly didn't do that. Just say we played with what we had. He sounds like a jerk by saying that stuff.

You are assuming this was all about discipline.

I am not.

I am, because Butler was consistently the starter and all of a sudden he's benched with 2nd and 3rd stringers going in to play while he was sitting on the sideline.

Most people get their azz fired or jailed fir that crap. Cardinals were right.

Well those employers are a-holes then. Look I am not saying he should not of been punished, he should have and has since been.. because he broke the law, this does not mean though he should lose his job because he is an alcoholic, he has an illness, I don't know what sort of employer you would be but I would be offering help and solice in the fact the guy obviously needs help, he doesn't need to be chucked to the rubbish to continue down a road that so often ends in tragedy. Employ him, help him get his life back together. Larry Fitzgerald thanked the Kraft family and the patriots for taking him in, so should everyone should be thanking now the Vikings for doing similar.

Bill said it wasn't disciplinary.

So either Malcolm didn't break a rule OR Bill lied, in which case, Bill is breaking his own rules of "no lying" which means Bill should be fired by your Zero tolerance policy logic.

He could have done any one or more of the following based on the rumors:
Missed the team plane because of illness
Missed the team plane and then faked illness to cover it up
Had bad practices all week
Had a bad attitude
Got caught with weed
Came in after curfew
Had a fight with a coach

None of these, or even all of them together justifies dressing him for the game, telling him (and the rest of the team) right before the Super Bowl that he is benched without giving a reason, putting scrubs out there who aren't mentally prepared and can't do the job, watching those scrubs get beat over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, in the biggest game of the year, and doing nothing about it because you'll be damned if you are going to put little Malcolm out there. No matter what Butler did, that is BAD coaching by BB, on many levels.

You forgot freelancing.

That is one way for a coaching staff to lose complete confidence and trust in a player doing their job.

We've seen how Bill handles those situations. Its pretty black and white.

I'm sure Malcolm was also aware of how Bill deals with freelancers. After all hes been here for 4 years.

Maybe...just maybe Malcolm decided the Saturday before the Super Bowl to ignore the game plan and his assignments and just man-up.

That really put Bill in a tough situation....if thats what happened.

Don't you think?

Because for whatever reason(s) they lost complete confidence and trust in his ability to make a play. Maybe he said FU to BB Jr and said hes just going to freelance. Thats a rumor banding about....

Might have been a timing issue. Friday, Saturday...Maybe all hell broke loose during the walk through and it was too late by then. I don't know

And again even if they lost COMPLETE CONFIDENCE in him. They were getting torched like no Patriots team in the Belichick era has gotten torched. There was no incentive to not say "what we are doing isn't working, let's try this out for two plays".

At that point even if Butler gets wrecked, it's no worse than Bademosi and Rowe getting wrecked on the same plays. Then you can be justified in it.

This is like a fire starting in your house having a bucket of water and two fire extinguishers and saying "this brand doesn't work as well so I'm using the other one" then using it and watching the fire not go out and grow and then when someone says they should try the other one to say "no I'm using this one that's not working because I don't trust the other one".

It's stupid. You had nothing to lose at that point

You don't know that. Belichick didn't say Butler broke rules. Butler didn't say he broke rules.

Butler gave the game away not bill
He didn't get the chance
You forgot freelancing.

That is one way for a coaching staff to lose complete confidence and trust in a player doing their job.

We've seen how Bill handles those situations. Its pretty black and white.

I'm sure Malcolm was also aware of how Bill deals with freelancers. After all hes been here for 4 years.

Maybe...just maybe Malcolm decided the Saturday before the Super Bowl to ignore the game plan and his assignments and just man-up.

That really put Bill in a tough situation....if thats what happened.

Don't you think?
You've got to be kidding me. You're forgetting it's the Super Bowl. If BB benched Malcolm for freelancing then he's even worse than I have been ranting about.

none of these things put the pats in a better position to win
Correct.

Malcolm was part of a winning game plan.

For whatever reason, it just didn't happen.

I can’t do this man. Please read the conversation again and try to understand what I am trying to say.
I'll come back to it.

And again even if they lost COMPLETE CONFIDENCE in him. They were getting torched like no Patriots team in the Belichick era has gotten torched. There was no incentive to not say "what we are doing isn't working, let's try this out for two plays".

At that point even if Butler gets wrecked, it's no worse than Bademosi and Rowe getting wrecked on the same plays. Then you can be justified in it.

This is like a fire starting in your house having a bucket of water and two fire extinguishers and saying "this brand doesn't work as well so I'm using the other one" then using it and watching the fire not go out and grow and then when someone says they should try the other one to say "no I'm using this one that's not working because I don't trust the other one".

It's stupid. You had nothing to lose at that point

Couldn’t have said it any better. If it were a discipline OR performance issue, go ahead and bench him, but for heaven’s sakes put him in if you have nothing to lose in the 3rd/4th quarter. My guess is BB thought Brady would pull off another comeback in the second half.

Freelancing this year and especially in the Titans and Jaguars games where his play was horrendous.

Word is Belichick wanted to bench him in the Jaguars games but the coaches got him to give Butler another chance.

I think this is really where the problems were. Butler clearly felt he had been denied a big pay day, then his play this season damaged his market value. Like Collins I think he had tuned the coaches out and it reached the point where they didn’t trust him to do his job anymore. I think this is exactly what Butler was referring to when he said “ they lost faith in me.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back