PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill - Thanks for Giving Away the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
my fear is that the 2018 season is going to be like 2009 where there's enough ill will in the clubhouse to have half the team tuned out coach......new DC, and a unit that can't afford that in any way
Our Offense will be way too good to go less than 12-4 and the AFC is a sewer.. They will be at least in the Super Bowl.

How do you know BB feels wrong about his decision? If anything hes doubled down hard.

How do you know if he or the coaches did not check on Malcolm? Why would they if hes already checked out?

simple........that makes him wrong in light of the result and how it was achieved

as for checking out, he was sufficently checked in to not miss a snap in the playoffs..........there are just too many loose ends to figure this one out.......nothing more until somebody of value says something

How do you know BB feels wrong about his decision? If anything hes doubled down hard.

How do you know if he or the coaches did not check on Malcolm? Why would they if hes already checked out?
You're misunderstanding what they are saying. The point is that over the course of the game they were in a worst case scenario where they couldn't get a stop and they didn't bother to see if playing one of their best corners would have alleviated the situation. They were in a position where they had nothing to lose by trying him out a few plays. They didn't.

Which begs the question, why even have him there?

Butler's a lot better than bademosi and Richards. It's no accident that they targeted those guys. I bet the eagles thought it was Christmas when they didn't see butler on the field. One of the biggest blunders in BB's career.

BB sayings::)

"We play the Players that give us the best chance to win." Fail! Malcolm Butler was your Second Best Defensive Player on that Defense.:confused:

"We put the players in the Best position to win" Fail! Jordan Richards on limited snaps gave up the most yards. BB still trying the justify a Horrible Second Round Pick.:confused:

"Do your Job." Fail! BB forgot to do his job along with so long Fatty Patricia.:confused:

• This game was reeked with BB miscues.:rolleyes:

What do you think Malcolm did to piss of BB?

Your answer is how you view this issue.
He could have done any one or more of the following based on the rumors:
Missed the team plane because of illness
Missed the team plane and then faked illness to cover it up
Had bad practices all week
Had a bad attitude
Got caught with weed
Came in after curfew
Had a fight with a coach

None of these, or even all of them together justifies dressing him for the game, telling him (and the rest of the team) right before the Super Bowl that he is benched without giving a reason, putting scrubs out there who aren't mentally prepared and can't do the job, watching those scrubs get beat over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, in the biggest game of the year, and doing nothing about it because you'll be damned if you are going to put little Malcolm out there. No matter what Butler did, that is BAD coaching by BB, on many levels.

if true, then there would be no reason to leave the world hanging.......

Speculation: I think Malcolm and BB Jr. got into it. Plus hes not going to destroy Malcolm even though he royally screwed the team.

interesting scenario........but that would have led him to not being active.....unless coach is vindictive

Could have been a timing thing. If Malcolm blew up on Saturday he kinda had no choice unless he pulled a Hoosiers and dressed 1 less than allowed. BB might have wanted to put him on a spit in front of the team and 1 billion people. Don't know.

iregardless, none of this put the pats in the best position to win......he's dressed and the defense was failing at his spot.....the fact that there was no chance for any PT again put bill in a spot of not putting the team in the best position to win.......giving him a chance would have changed that.

Malcolm was out of chances and BB didn't think he could help. That is clear.

1) Discipline is a means to an end, that end is winning the SB, you don't sacrifice the end to uphold the means. Sorry but that does not make sense.

2) If you're going to be firm on him not playing because of s disciplinary measure why did he even suit up? Why play him on special teams? That seems like a pathetic half measure to me. Either let it go and fine him later or don't play him AT ALL.

it's impossible to ultimately be successful in a world of absolutes

Speculation: I think Malcolm and BB Jr. got into it. Plus hes not going to destroy Malcolm even though he royally screwed the team.

Could have been a timing thing. If Malcolm blew up on Saturday he kinda had no choice unless he pulled a Hoosiers and dressed 1 less than allowed. BB might have wanted to put him on a spit in front of the team and 1 billion people. Don't know.

Malcolm was out of chances and BB didn't think he could help. That is clear.

none of these things put the pats in a better position to win

Freelancing this year and especially in the Titans and Jaguars games where his play was horrendous.

Word is Belichick wanted to bench him in the Jaguars games but the coaches got him to give Butler another chance.

His play this year was up and down but not abysmal.

Not sure about the freelancing but I suspected.

I heard the same thing and about his demotion in practice.

If Brady played as bad as the defense and/or as BB & co. coached that game, it may never be lived down. He would have had to have thrown 4 INTs and scored 7 pts for there to be an equivalent.

It’s not just Malcolm Butler:

• Barely playing Wise/A. Butler, the two rookies responsible for 25% of our sacks this season. All we needed was one play.
  • Playing Jordan Richards in the Superbowl.
  • Not having one of the elite TE cover men in the entire NFL in Patrick Chung on Zach Ertz. Instead, expose him at CB on Agholor.

It goes without saying BB is a legend, HOFer, etc. This game was a colossal F-up that belongs on his resume forever & should be criticized 36 hours after the game.

Yikes! reading that someone might conclude the game was thrown deliberately.
Possible motives: Revenge against Kraft and Brady for forcing the Jimmy G trade. Bonus: revenge against Butler for ingratitude by looking for big payday. Parlay rules infraction into public humiliation affecting next contract.
Lesson to all: Don't cross Bill Bellichick

Conspiracy motive: NFL ratings in free fall. Fans suffering Patriot fatigue leaving in droves. Goodell gives ultimatum to Kraft --for the good of the league, lose this one or else he would hate to manufacture another Patriots scandal.

It may just be Bellichicks anal rules obsession as we saw Welker benching potentially affect playoff game. Bellichick strikes fear with shock moves like Lawyer Malloy and Jamie Collins banishment. Bellichick rules by fear.

Our Offense will be way too good to go less than 12-4 and the AFC is a sewer.. They will be at least in the Super Bowl.
Drew Brees says hi! He's led a lot of good offenses to 7-9 records because of a bad defense. The truth is the defense is talent devoid and we are likely losing one of our best and longterm corners this off season. We reached a point in talent where Patricia's great schemes were no longer able to close the gap in talent. Now we will have a new DC and have to address the talent on defense.

Now I'm positive they will figure it out. But there are questions that need to be answered first.

"the decision to bench Malcolm Butler and to put Rowe on Jeffery in the first half more than likely cost the Patriots a sixth Lombardi Trophy."

Last edited:
1) Discipline is a means to an end, that end is winning the SB, you don't sacrifice the end to uphold the means. Sorry but that does not make sense.

2) If you're going to be firm on him not playing because of s disciplinary measure why did he even suit up? Why play him on special teams? That seems like a pathetic half measure to me. Either let it go and fine him later or don't play him AT ALL.

You are assuming this was all about discipline.

I am not.

Butler's a lot better than bademosi and Richards. It's no accident that they targeted those guys. I bet the eagles thought it was Christmas when they didn't see butler on the field. One of the biggest blunders in BB's career.
People on the Eagles staff said as much. They thought it was ridiculous that Butler wasn't playing and thought it was hilarious that Chung was playing the slot

I can’t do this man. Please read the conversation again and try to understand what I am trying to say.

simple........that makes him wrong in light of the result and how it was achieved

as for checking out, he was sufficently checked in to not miss a snap in the playoffs..........there are just too many loose ends to figure this one out.......nothing more until somebody of value says something
You mean we can no longer speculate and just make **** up? Thats no fun. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand