PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

deandre hopkins was almost a patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Texans ever really considered this deal, but it does hint that BB wants to get some more physical WRs. Between this and taking a chance on Floyd, I think BB wants to get guys who can win on their own outside of just scheme.

Maybe he wants to be better prepared for Brady aging, or perhaps he doesn't want Brady to have to scramble as much to keep alive plays and wants to have more 50/50 options. I don't know. But it seems like they're emphasizing or targeting a bigger downfield threat more than they have in the past.

Sounds like he was almost a Patriot the way Felix Hernandez was almost a Red Sox. That is to say - Theo Epstein: "we'll trade you these prospects for Hernandez." Seattle: "i told you he's not for sale, just like I told you last month, and the month before that, and the month before that."

Pretty big fall from Hopkins to an early 4th round pick that turned in to a late 3rd.
I remember being very disappointed when I saw the compensation...moreso than in the trade itself. I'm glad it at least turned into a 3rd rounder.

belichick wanted him in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore