PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE Jason Pierre-Paul signs with Ravens

Of course he did.

Meanwhile, we wait with baited breath the return of All-World DLineman Danny Ukulele...

Chess v checkers.
In fairness to our d-line, I think everyone, even the most critical of fans, would agree that our d-line has played exceptionally well. Wise has been a pleasant surprise, Judon has played like he did early last year and the combination of God, Guy, Barmore and Davis have been stout against the run and even getting some pressure on the qb.

In fairness to our d-line, I think everyone, even the most critical of fans, would agree that our d-line has played exceptionally well. Wise has been a pleasant surprise, Judon has played like he did early last year and the combination of God, Guy, Barmore and Davis have been stout against the run and even getting some pressure on the qb.

Meanwhile, we have no established rusher opposite Judon... Same as last year...

JPP to Ravens. Maybe too late to play on Sunday but who knows.

Since we don't have a Ravens pre-game thread, why not start a new one...

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Guaranteed he wears a black visor on Sunday. All Ravens players look the same.

Since we don't have a Ravens pre-game thread, why not start a new one...
He didn't start this thread - I moved it to its own since it was news-worthy. We have mega threads where things get buried, so I've been pulling out various topics and giving them their own threads since some of them are worthy of discussion on their own.

Meanwhile, we have no established rusher opposite Judon... Same as last year...

Genuinely asking, what makes for an established rusher? I'm not that familiar with scheme/specific personnel things - do teams often have two established rushers, one for each side? I feel like when I hear about most teams it's like, one main rusher who seemingly is placed where the play calls for him, but again - I could be missing something.

Hell, are rushers typically LB's? Is a DE always an LB now? Are there strictly DE's? Are squares always rectangles?

He's 33 and there is a REASON he didn't get signed till now. I actually hope he's plays Sunday. He's had NO preseason, and at BEST 2 practices to go out on the field and play against guys who have been playing and practicing since late July.

He MAY turn out to be a good signing for the Ravens down the road. But THIS Sunday I doubt he plays, but even if he does, I'd run right at him EVERY time I see him on the field

JPP to Ravens. Maybe too late to play on Sunday but who knows.

Way to go, JPP! Give the man a hand!!!!

YETAoL.gif.45394807bb560b673f5494a885557584.gif

Jennings is waiting.

Once uche is ushered out... Jennings era will begin :)

I was glad to at least see him on the field last week as opposed to the incomprehensible game-day Inactive from the week before... It was his pressure on Trubisky that led to the Barmore sack in the 2nd quarter...

Genuinely asking, what makes for an established rusher? I'm not that familiar with scheme/specific personnel things - do teams often have two established rushers, one for each side? I feel like when I hear about most teams it's like, one main rusher who seemingly is placed where the play calls for him, but again - I could be missing something.

Hell, are rushers typically LB's? Is a DE always an LB now? Are there strictly DE's? Are squares always rectangles?

In the case of a veteran, somebody with a history of being able to generate sacks/pressures... I prefer a DE-type (6'4+, 260+) but Bill seems to have a hard-on for midgets (Wino, Uche, Perkins) who don't possess the lateral ability ass-ociated with their smaller sizes... He's had chances in the recent past to add more DE-sized players to the Edge-Defending stable but has forgone those chances each & every time... Dee Wise is Judon's early-down tag-team partner but doesn't have nearly the juice to be a reliable passing-down DE; perhaps Jennings can emerge as somebody more worthy of the passing-down snaps as the season progresses...

Our DL is incredibly well balanced: we have both a Guy and a God

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back