PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 7 Training Camp Thread- Wednesday August 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Second day in pads, hoping Barmore can practice today. Let's get it going!!!!!

I love seeing new young Pats give genuine respect to the guys who built the dynasty. Bruschi is one of my all time favorite Patriots. He went from 3 years of ST obscurity to captain of the Defense of Dynasty 1, from Parcells to Carroll to BB, he was his own agent, always team first, undersized and overmatched physically but always overcame with heart and instinct. And, most important for me, he was a career Patriot - not too many go an entire career with us. That's why Teddy and Troy, Faulk, JE11 are my all-time Patriots (Slater and DMC could join that list soon)

Do they have a set number of padded practices they're allowed to have over the whole course of training camp?
I think the limit is 14

Last edited:
@moosekill since the other thread was locked…

2020:
Through two days, Harry has turned heads with multiple difficult catches in traffic and touchdown receptions.

Harry has been spotty in training camp, but the flashes of excellence are becoming more regular.

He was a key figure in the receiving game and provided a sure-handed target for Cam Newton, catching two touchdown passes, one in which he out-dueled JC Jackson. That’s the kind of stuff the Patriots need to see ahead of Week 1.

2019:
  • After a sloppy day on Wednesday, N’Keal Harry bounced back in style today. The first-round rookie looked comfortable catching the football — he made a diving reception during 11-on-11s and later beat Joejuan Williams for a 50-yard gain — and also was physical against press-man coverage in his 1-on-1 work. Harry showed a lot of mental toughness after dropping four would-be receptions yesterday.

• While N’Keal Harry remains a work in progress when it comes to working alongside Brady, he again showed off his high upside as a wide receiver and potential red zone threat by making two of the best catches of the day. The first was a high-pointing reception on a fade pass from Jarrett Stidham that he wrestled away from the defensive back in coverage; the second was a deflected pass that he still was able to haul in somehow.

In general, the rookie had a good day: he made a twisting catch over Jason McCourty at one point, and had the play of the day when he out-jumped a cornerback in the back of the end zone in Randy Moss-like fashion. The Brady-Harry connection is up and running.

So… yeah… he’s made these plays in camp before. He needs to do it consistently in a real game. I highly doubt he’ll get his opportunity, though, since he’s likely gone before the season kicks off. Until then, down with the ship you go.

1628085081087.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back