PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 7 Training Camp Thread- Wednesday August 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Harry will be on the 53. Some say he has done this before in camp. I think he sticks. It’s between him and Wilkerson.
I think he still getting dealt before Week 1.

I think Harry will be on the 53. Some say he has done this before in camp. I think he sticks. It’s between him and Wilkerson.

It's still an uphill climb for him at this point. He doesn't add much to special teams, which will be crucial for the 4th/5th WR's on this team, given how often we'll only have 2 of them on the field at a time. I could see Harry making the 53 under one of two scenarios:

1) Other positions have ST heavy personnel, such as Bolden earning a spot as a RB or someone like Keene making a splash there but still contributing at TE. Neither are great odds, but those would allow them to "splurge" (bad choice of word but the only one I've got) a bit on a WR4 who isn't doing much on ST.

2) An injury to one of the top 3 guys opens the door for him.

#2 seems more likely to me, but I'm also REALLY hoping it doesn't happen.

These camp reports are still good news though. If he can follow up with some good lucks in the preseason games, if nothing else his trade value goes up.

Interesting comment from Zolack today. He said,, if you took the numbers off the QB and just judged the throws, the guy with the best arm in camp is Jake Dogala. Says he moves with grace and quickness for a big guy and throws with a quick release, also a rareity for a guy his size. Someone already mentioned it. Make Hoyer the QB coach already and invest the #3 reps on a kid who MAY have a future.

There is a LOT more to being a QB than having a great arm, but this sounds like an intriguing prospect who deserves more than a camp arm look.

Harry is the best run blocking WR we have. The fact that our offense has heavily invested in TEs suggest we're gonna be a run heavy team. I would be more surprised if he didn't make the team.

If these QBs are having a tough time with the defense now, not sure what would be happening if Gilly and KVN were both out there. Even Wino can get in the backfield..

If these QBs are having a tough time with the defense now, not sure what would be happening if Gilly and KVN were both out there. Even Wino can get in the backfield..
Yeah but Jones could have just went 16/18 in 11’s if not for the drops. That’s damn good.

For the day he was 17/23 …I call that Better then good.

Van Noy has a red shirt. I think means he is out there, but don't non-contact?

Interesting comment from Zolack today. He said,, if you took the numbers off the QB and just judged the throws, the guy with the best arm in camp is Jake Dogala. Says he moves with grace and quickness for a big guy and throws with a quick release, also a rareity for a guy his size. Someone already mentioned it. Make Hoyer the QB coach already and invest the #3 reps on a kid who MAY have a future.

There is a LOT more to being a QB than having a great arm, but this sounds like an intriguing prospect who deserves more than a camp arm look.
Same was said about Stidham. Looks smooth. Strong arm. Looks smooth. Strong arm..

Van Noy has a red shirt. I think means he is out there, but don't non-contact?
My understanding is he can do drills but is not participating in 11/11 or 7/7 activities which makes absolutely no sense since there really isn't contact anyway.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

Yeah but Jones could have just went 16/18 in 11’s if not for the drops. That’s damn good.

If Jones lights it up vs pads and in the practices & preseason this will get real interesting.

I would wait until Harry shows how good he is in the pre-season games ?
Even better he should issue a public retraction and say he wants to spend his entire career here.

Idiot.

Jones would be 20/23 if not for the drops. That’s a good day. That is interesting.

Yeah, going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Do we take Harry, Wilkerson, Zuber or Jacob.
Assuming Nelson, Meyers, Bourne, and Gunner are locks, Harry will probably have to have an incredible camp to beat out Wilkerson, given the latter’s expected contributions as a gunner on ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back